Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cube
    replied
    farah.. dont tempt me lah.. i dunno whether to buy a bag or the foundation !! bluebubble next time i pinch u.

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    Originally posted by "cube"

i am really interested in the enhancer now 8O .. but feel that its a bit of a waste ...
    hmmm but if u do get the enhancer 15ml u only spend $59! & then u can still hv RMK, hop over to the counter & ask for sample sachets in yr shade! :wink: :wink:

Leave a comment:

• stellatan
    replied
    u gave away too many signs my dear 8O
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cube
    replied
    thanks for the suggestions !!! i am really interested in the enhancer now 8O .. but feel that its a bit of a waste cos that 150 for 100 thing is over right? bleargh!

that rmk palette is so nice farah!! but then would have to spend 100 on makeup [im guessing 50+ for foundation n the palette is 53] so thats another bleargh!!

my skin.. many many broken capillaries[sad case n i dunno y i got so many :evil: ], freckles and most recently a ton of clogged pores..

my dear bluebubble.. so smart ah!! maybe u got the wrong person!!

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    Originally posted by "pandora76"

Where can I check out Cube's pics? :wink:

I'm not a big fan of GA LSF, for the reason that it looks kind of unnatural and mask-like on me. I'm assuming you have good skin from Bluebub's post, so the By Terry foundation would be perfect for you (sheer coverage...much sheerer than GA's). Not sure about the SPF factor in By Terry's foundation though....anyone?
    i m guessing bluebubble met her!

anyway i hv the by terry foundation box with me now, it does not say anything abt SPF factor!

for sure LSF is not as oily a few hours into the day as by terry! i like LSF lots so i m bias! by terry dries v nicely to a powder finish but it turns me a lil oily on my dry areas hours into the day. i just blot them away tho!

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Where can I check out Cube's pics? :wink:

Cube, if you have good skin, you can take Bluebubble's advice and just use By Terry Enhancer with loose powder on top. I find that the enhancer helps to even out skintone a bit, and with the correct enhancer, you can also play down dark circles and any areas of redness / blotchiness.

I'm not a big fan of GA LSF, for the reason that it looks kind of unnatural and mask-like on me. I'm assuming you have good skin from Bluebub's post, so the By Terry foundation would be perfect for you (sheer coverage...much sheerer than GA's). Not sure about the SPF factor in By Terry's foundation though....anyone?

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    yes try by terry enhancer in rose or apricot. RMK liquid sure is a good alternative! & the whole bottle last forever. & u can still buy the Xmas palette with purchase of foundation i think! happy shopping!

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

your skin seems pretty clear, i think u can try the by terry enhancer instead of a full fledge foundation

i also recommand RMK liquid for a sheer finish

Originally posted by cube
    hi.. is the armani lsf or the by terry foundation/enhancer more recommended for first timers? i am thinking of buying my first foundation thanks to you guys ... do either of them come with SPF? i am mainly looking for something with sheer coverage.. would appreciate any comments or recommendations!!! thanks

Leave a comment:

• stellatan
    replied
    your skin seems pretty clear, i think u can try the by terry enhancer instead of a full fledge foundation

i also recommand RMK liquid for a sheer finish
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cube
    replied
    hi.. is the armani lsf or the by terry foundation/enhancer more recommended for first timers? i am thinking of buying my first foundation thanks to you guys ... do either of them come with SPF? i am mainly looking for something with sheer coverage.. would appreciate any comments or recommendations!!! thanks

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Originally posted by "farahdean"

Saw how watery #6 Apricot is tho. this has gold shimmers too prob this is a better choice over yellow! anyway for now no more by terry for me till i m done with my stock.
    Yes, I think Apricot would be gorgeous on you. It's supposed to enhance tans and really make skins glow.

What other colour enhancers can PPPs wear, besides Glowing Rose and Apricot?

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    Originally posted by "Riverie"

Maybe transfer to smaller pots which holds 2 weeks' supply so that you reduce the frequency of exposure to air for the bigger pot?

But I don think the plastic containers are better off since they don screw on tight, not as tight as the original By Terry pots. I am going to use By Terry Lots for now & hopefully don end up with dried up enhancer & foundation.

&

i had gone to change #4 for Phytomer skincare & Nuxe Cleanser. was told by the SA tt yellow has mattifying properties thus it's lots more chalkier. Saw how watery #6 Apricot is tho. this has gold shimmers too prob this is a better choice over yellow! anyway for now no more by terry for me till i m done with my stock.

Leave a comment:

• riverie
    replied
    Originally posted by "ppie"

Originally posted by Riverie
    I think the Stila gal's gonna become a Terry gal soon...
    Hey Riv, the Stila gal is becoming a Stila/KP/UP/By Terry gal! What else can we add to the mix? LOL!
    Sounds like salad....

Leave a comment:

• riverie
    replied

Farah, re your problem with the enhancer getting blotchy, I experienced that when I reached the bottom of my first tub of enhancer. I think repeated exposure to the air makes the enhancer get thicker and harder to spread. This will be a problem when you're almost finishing up your enhancer...I have a bit of Apricot left and I was a puzzled as to why it seemed to be getting all blotchy on me, then I opened a brand new tub of #2, and the difference was incredible! #2 slips on like a dream and stays on my skin like satin all day, whereas my old enhancer streaked in places.

So gals, be careful with your enhancers and make sure you keep the lid on tight! And it looks like the 15ml might be a better buy than the 30ml, because prolonged exposure to the elements seems to be bad for enhancers...
    Maybe transfer to smaller pots which holds 2 weeks' supply so that you reduce the frequency of exposure to air for the bigger pot?

Leave a comment:

• ppie
    replied
    Originally posted by "Riverie"

Hey Riv, the Stila gal is becoming a Stila/KP/UD/By Terry gal! What else can we add to the mix? LOL!

Leave a comment:

• riverie
    replied

Hey Ponine, I think there's been a discussion on this before - how to use the Enhancer. It really depends on whether you're using it as (i) a makeup base (ii) a highlighter (iii) a blusher or (iv) to lighten / darken your existing foundation
    I'm a Terry gal..In by Terry world.... :D :D

I mix the enhancer with my foundation....to save the trouble, i'll mix them in a small pot and that can last me for about 1 week plus. Better than rushing in the morning struggling to get the propotions right! And I believe there'll be less wastage too since I tend to mix too much when I need it in small amounts...and I dun like the idea of putting whatever extras I have from my hand into the pot ... :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X