X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riverie
    replied
    Originally posted by "farahdean"

gals, this is so not good. i went by escentials & coz the place was quiet i ended up trying the col enhancer(the smell which i hated 1st time round) & the foundation...ended up with both! i bought the rose col enhancer & the foundation #3. i like how the foundation blends into my skin so well, not overly yellow or pink.
    I have to admit that I love love love the scent of the col enhancer.... love it on my face every morning!

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    Originally posted by "pandora76"

Joce, can I get away with NOT mixing the enhancer and the foundation? I'm planning to put the enhancer on my face first, followed by the foundation - would it work this way as well? Mixing and matching seems such a hassle...
    i feel tt the enhancer & foundation dries to a powdery finish so if i were to layer them, i wld see blotchiness all over if i rush & overdo it a lil. but really most SG gals lifestyle(like me) wld prob not allow for mixing on hands before hvG them on the face. i do my daily m/u in 5 mins. if i were to mix, i prob make mistakes(too gunky or not enuff) & take forever!

Leave a comment:

• Joce7878
    replied
    Pan, I tried using the foundation after the enhancer.... it is ok I guess... but if you mix it well first then u dun run the risk of having some parts covered with only foundation or some parts only the enhancer...so u need to be careful and meticulous if u want to do it 2 step.

But since both products are so sheer and light and easy to blend, u may feel it is not much of a problem using them separately.

No need to match anything lah, it does not matter much whether u have more enhancer or foundation when u mix it... it still blends seamlessly into skin. It is just a matter of how much coverage u want. Less coverage? More enhancer then. More coverage? Then more foundation.

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Joce, can I get away with NOT mixing the enhancer and the foundation? I'm planning to put the enhancer on my face first, followed by the foundation - would it work this way as well? Mixing and matching seems such a hassle...

Leave a comment:

• Joce7878
    replied
    Originally posted by "pandora76"

Hmmm, looks like By Terry foundation can suit a number of skintones because it's so sheer....I wear a FS Camomile, and the SA recommended me #2 foundation with #2 enhancer. Have yet to actually try out this combi on my face, but I'm pretty sure that #2 foundation would be the one for me....

My evil twin wears it too and we're very similar in colouring! :wink:
    Yes yes, I'm pretty sure #2 is for u. #1 is too light an dpink, # 3 is a tad too dark. # 2 is perfect for me.... goes well with #2 enhancer too, I've tried!

Just pick up a little # 2 foundation (I do this with a cotton bud) and I just dab it on the back of my hand, then use the other end of the bud to pick up the enhancer.... then mix well. Just apply per normal. U should see the foundation turning a tad lighter on your hand, but it goes on seamlessly on your face. Oh, if u reverse this procedure.... i.e. pick up the enhancer forst, u have a little #2 enhancer left over on the bud to dab over the eyes area too. No wastage!

I've also tried it with #6 apricot enhancer too.... looks good too. Evens out skin tone pretty well.

And I've also tried the enhancers with my RMK foundation too.... works well, effect is more matte and more coverage than the By Terry foundation.

Now my next step is to tey everything with the By terry Loose powder in #6 ( i believe this the shade of loose powder that goes well with #2 foundation).

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Yep, that's the beauty of today's foundations....so sheer that you can comfortably take up to 3 shades either way. (That's Becca's claim about their foundations, anyway....I've heard the same about GA's LSFs too!)
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    this somehow illlustrate how diff gals can hv diff undertones thus wear very diff shades or how diff they are & yet wear very close shade...i wear LSF#6, u wear#2 & i wear by terry #3 & u wear#2...somehow like LSC where a person can comfortably wear up to 5 shades!
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Hmmm, looks like By Terry foundation can suit a number of skintones because it's so sheer....I wear a FS Camomile, and the SA recommended me #2 foundation with #2 enhancer. Have yet to actually try out this combi on my face, but I'm pretty sure that #2 foundation would be the one for me....

My evil twin wears it too and we're very similar in colouring! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Dreamie
    replied
    Hey, me too!!! Now i'm thinking what to do with all the extra VLWC, i don't want to keep them too long else they may just dry up. Maybe sell or swap them.

Got to give by terry foundation a few more tries, hopefully it doesn't make me breakout. The enhancer is ok for me, i hope the foundation is the same.

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    Originally posted by "Dreamie"

Yeah! I was surprised that meizhen recommended me #3, it looks too dark but applies to be okay. If i were to use #2 and blend it with the enhancer, then it appears too fair. #2 and #3 is quite different in terms of shade. I need to get a tan anyway, so #3 is in preparation for it. I bought the 15ml in the foundation and enhancer, nice and fresh, no problem with it. The savings getting the larger pot is not much, and i'm not sure i'll stick faithfully to it. you are much darker than me, I use RMK 102 or 103, VLWC golden beige, FS camomile. Come to think of it, they are a variety of shades. LOL!
    i m an RMK 104, but i wear VLWC golden beige too(in fact i stock up an extra during the sale...of which is no use to me now what with by terry added onto my collection). oh well!

Leave a comment:

• Dreamie
    replied
    Originally posted by "farahdean"

hmm i wear foundation #3 too tho i reckon i am way more tan, #4 is too dark for me! i don blend with enhancer, not yet tho, am planing to blend w #4 yellow enhancer...did u buy 30ml? btw i m an RMK 104, GA LSF#6 & #3 foundation seems to blend into my skin!
    Yeah! I was surprised that meizhen recommended me #3, it looks too dark but applies to be okay. If i were to use #2 and blend it with the enhancer, then it appears too fair. #2 and #3 is quite different in terms of shade. I need to get a tan anyway, so #3 is in preparation for it. I bought the 15ml in the foundation and enhancer, nice and fresh, no problem with it. The savings getting the larger pot is not much, and i'm not sure i'll stick faithfully to it. you are much darker than me, I use RMK 102 or 103, VLWC golden beige, FS camomile. Come to think of it, they are a variety of shades. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    pan, tt is bad news! i checked e-luxury & yellow & mauve are the only ones tt does not come in 15ml. so tho i can make it work(SA told me to mix w a lil moisturizer), i wld have the problem sooner since it's already not watery to begin with. they shld start to repackage like the GA LSF i think the containers are pretty good gives minimal chance of exposure. so now i hv to really convince myself to change it to something else! grrrr! i like yellow lots...sigh!

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Farah, re your problem with the enhancer getting blotchy, I experienced that when I reached the bottom of my first tub of enhancer. I think repeated exposure to the air makes the enhancer get thicker and harder to spread. This will be a problem when you're almost finishing up your enhancer...I have a bit of Apricot left and I was a puzzled as to why it seemed to be getting all blotchy on me, then I opened a brand new tub of #2, and the difference was incredible! #2 slips on like a dream and stays on my skin like satin all day, whereas my old enhancer streaked in places.

So gals, be careful with your enhancers and make sure you keep the lid on tight! And it looks like the 15ml might be a better buy than the 30ml, because prolonged exposure to the elements seems to be bad for enhancers...

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    hmm i wear foundation #3 too tho i reckon i am way more tan, #4 is too dark for me! i don blend with enhancer, not yet tho, am planing to blend w #4 yellow enhancer...did u buy 30ml? btw i m an RMK 104, GA LSF#6 & #3 foundation seems to blend into my skin!
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dreamie
    replied
    Tried the By terry foundation for the first time today, and it's really fantastic! Wears similarly to the face enhancer, smells the same and feels great. Very lightweight sheer coverage, good for evening out the skintone and for a natural look. I got #3 which is slightly darker, which will blend to be lighter with the enhancer #2. #2 foundation would have been too light. Looks like this may be my new found favourite. Comforting to know that By terry base pdts also has skincare properties, I can load on as much of these as i want.. hehe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X