X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ponine
    replied
    Hi Farah,
    I bought the bigger bottle of the Skin Enhancer and it's okie. The texture is like those at the counter. Quite watery. Howveer, i do find that the skin enhancer evaporates?! I suspect so.. hmm...

Yoo dolphin,

I think they would sell u all the bigger sized items first. I was also not told that there is a 15ml version but i knew it b4 i went down to the counter u c. But the SA told me that the 15ml is outta stock for #3 so i took the 30ml one.

I got the foundation in 15ml though. find it quite good. Sheerer den Chantecaille FS and dun really cover anything. Just good enuff for a light makeup i think. Oil control is not bad and its pretty easy to spread :D

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    here's a minor rant...bought #4(yellow, it has gold shimmers great for tan gals like me). since i loved #2(rose), i pestered a galfren to share this with me(escential SA's suggestion)! so she picked up one & it was dried up coz they only had 30ml for this shade & when shen bought, it was uncapped, the lid was not screwed on(she did not check). so i called the nice SA lynn who served me to request a change(all coz my fren went out of town), she nicely checked all her stocks & chose the most watery for me. i tried this today on me, i turned chalky can even count 6 patch of blotchiness on my face(mega sobs ). called lynn again & she told to mix with moisturizer before application, - am gonna try this 2row & if this does not work, wld hv to change my items(damnit i love #4). do cross yr fingers this method works.

& anyone of u bought 30ml size & hv this problem coz my #2 & foundation are all 15ml & they are watery & blends like a dream on me! & stays on forever!

Leave a comment:

• Joce7878
    replied
    I tend to use a dab of Laura primer around the nose area when I know I will be in the sun... or not in air-conditioned environment.

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    when i do wear a base like VL base under the enhancer, my skin tends to be a lil oily. the powder wld start to slide a few hours into the day & i look terrible blotchy. then again my face is a lil crazy of late! i do like the effect of the enhancer on its own & dusted with powder over...i look naturally madeup. & i don grease as much prob something in the base acting weird with the enhancer or just my bad skin.
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Hi pan :D

I wore the skin enhancer again just now over the smashbox primer and skip the liquid foundation step and just dust some loose powder over it. The effect is quite good.. make my skin look better den it actually is and even out the uneven tones and hide the redness. I think i will explore more methods to use the skin enhancer in my makeup routines. hehe..

The lippie is not sheer... it's more of creamy. $50 for one and i like the colours very much. #3 comes highly recomended by Jozi too. If there is anything i dun like abt it, it would be be the slightly bitter taste ...just slightly and the super-little amount ( thin-type of lippie)!

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    That's weird....Eluxury doesn't have a swatch of By Terry's #3 lipstick. Is this a sheer or cream lipstick?

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Hi again Ponine,

Yup, sounds like Mauve is the one for you then, if you have redness. Apricot is a suit-everyone shade which lends a healthy glow, and you're right, it's probably best for those who have good skin and a nice skintone without much need for correction or evening out. Sharon Stone uses this one, I've heard.

As for using the enhancer ON TOP of Smashbox primer, well, I think that might be overkill. I heard that the smashbox primer is supposed to keep complexions matte right? Maybe that's why it's neutralizing the effect of the By Terry enhancer?? I can't say for sure, I'm not a cosmetic scientist *LOL*, but I do believe that too much stuff on your face can't be good for you. :wink:

Now I wish you didn't tell me about By Terry lippies....argh....#3 sounds nice....off to check out the swatch on Eluxury! How much do these retail for at Escentials anyway? 8O

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    wow.. thanxs for the detailed explanation pan :D

Jozi recommends me to get Mauve. I think it is becoz i often have redness on my skin due to blemishes or occasional pimples.

What colour is #2 ? I asked her if i shld get the Apricot one and she say the Mauve would suit me better to calm the redness. I think Apricot is more suitable for people with nuthing much to hide and pretty good skin as she recommends that for my frd who basically has clear and good skin.

i usually use smashbox's antishine and then smashbox's foundatipn primer b4 i use my makeup, so i wonder is it still ok to apply the enhancer as a base after the smashbox foundation primer?

And by the way... yes yes yes By Terry's Lippies is fanastic! I'm usually not a lipstick fan but i really like the colours, texture and richness of the lipsticks. I have the min #3 and #4. I like #3 especially... very natural and bring out the pinkness of my lips. #3 is always sold out i think

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Hey Ponine, I think there's been a discussion on this before - how to use the Enhancer. It really depends on whether you're using it as (i) a makeup base (ii) a highlighter (iii) a blusher or (iv) to lighten / darken your existing foundation

For (i), the enhancer should go on BEFORE your foundation. This is how I like to use my enhancer. I find that it really gives a great glow to my skin and makes me look radiant. Sometimes I just wear it on its own, but if I'm wearing foundation, I wear enhancer first, THEN foundation. It helps the foundation go on more smoothly and adhere beter. Plus, the enhancer contains lotsa goodies for the skin too, so you don't have to worry about it being worn right on top of your skin - it's good for you!

For (ii) and (iii), you should apply the enhancer over selected areas of your face which you want to highlight, eg. cheekbones, temples etc. This would go on AFTER you have applied your base makeup. My only concern with using the enhancer this way is that unless you DOT it on very carefully and minimally, there's a chance that when you rub in the liquid enhancer, you will also smudge away your base makeup. That's why I would rather use powder highlighters and blushers on top of liquid foundation.

Also, if you apply a liquid product on top of a POWDER base, it will tend to crease and cake. A general rule of the thumb is that these products should go on under each other: lotion / gel UNDER cream UNDER powder. Liquid products do NOT sit well on top of powder formulations. Eg. I would not DREAM of applying Benetint ON TOP of powder. Blending is difficult and the results are likely to be streaky.

For (iv), you mix the enhancer with your foundation, usually in the palm of your hand, then apply the mixture to your face.

Your enhancer in mauve is #3 right? What's your skintone like? I was told by the SA that #3 is better for people with a lot of red in their faces, because it's more of a colour corrector and will help tone down the redness. I was considering buying #3 at first, but the SA told me - and demonstrated - that #2 is usually a better choice for most Asian skins, because #3 will just make our complexions look "grey", whereas #2 corrects the yellowish tones in our complexions, which can make us look sallow.

Maybe you're not seeing any difference because you're not using the best enhancer for your skintone?

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Hey gers =)

Do u all use the skin enhancer after the liquid foundation or mixed it togther with your liquid foundation ?

Today was my 2nd time wearing my skin enhancer. Since i'm using the By Terry foundation for the first time( i want to see how it really feels on my skin), i use it after the liquid foundation. I dun really spot any difference leh... maybe just a tad fairer when it goes on the skin.

I'm using the Mauve one btw... anything wrong with my methods or am i too blind to see the difference ?!

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Yesyesyes! :wink: Dunno why I'm promoting this to you, you aren't in the Beauty Challenge nor am I an Escentials SA anyway. But it's gorgeous! and everyone needs more than 1 enhancer! I somehow ended up with 3....1 I bought, 1 a present, and 1 in a swap!
    Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2004, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    hmmm i shld check #6...sounds like something i might like? yes if only all foundations come in 15ml...sigh!
    Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2004, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pandora76
    replied
    Well done, Farah! I'm on my 2nd bottle of the Enhancer and am using #2 Glowing Rose now. Previously I used Abricot (courtesy of Apple), and both are fine on me. I;ve set my sights on #6, which is Honey Pink or something...Joce said it's delicious as a blusher.

I'm planning to get the foundation when my Future Skin runs out. I like the fact that it comes in a smaller size too - I can definitely finish the 15ml before it turns bad!

Leave a comment:

• farahdean
    replied
    it's $62 for 15ml! if u rotate lots, prob u might not finish it so fast!
    Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2004, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• appleger
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by "farahdean"

Originally posted by appleger
    u and joce are tempting me to get this foundation.
    shall get it the next time i run out of my foundation which i believe its not going to be long.
    the best thing i like abt this foundation is it comes in 15ml, i shld be able to finish it even tho i rotate rest of my other foundation!
    only 15ml??? sure going to be used up pretty fast.
    by the way, how much is it? i remember someone mentioned the price but i just couldnt find it.
    Last edited by teiko; 04-12-2004, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X