No announcement yet.

Cleansing Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh... my curiosity got the most of me! I was at the Japanese market today, and they have Fancl items (sadly not the entire line)... and of course, there was the cleansing oil. I had to succumb to my curiosity despite the fact that my true-blue deep cleansing oil from DHC doesn't need replacement! I just wanted to see why it has so many raves! So I used it today, and from my initial reaction, here is my own comparison...

DHC costs $22 USD for 6.7 oz while Fancl costs $21.50 for 4.05 oz. So DHC wins for better buy!

Fancl has less smell to it. The oily smell of DHC sometimes irritates me. But only when I am not feeling well already.

Fancl is thinner in consistency... I felt like I needed a bit more of the Fancl to get me clean.

Both really remove all make-up and dirt!

Both rinse off well... I think DHC rinses off just a little bit better.

So, in the end, I think I will stick to DHC. I will use Fancl for the next 120 days, until it expires, and be able to give an even more thorough review later. But I think though they are comparable, I will stick with DHC after I am through with Fancl. But Fancl makes a close second place!

The only other cleansing oil I have used is Shu Uemura. It was too overpriced for what it was!! Didn't clean as well as these two, either!
    Last edited by koneko; 08-12-2003, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Is the DHC cleansing oil available in Singapore? Would like to give it a try...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jolin
        Is the DHC cleansing oil available in Singapore? Would like to give it a try...
        nope, is only in USA, Taiwan, Japan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jolin
          Is the DHC cleansing oil available in Singapore? Would like to give it a try...
          Do a search in Yahoo auctions. I think I saw someone selling it.

Comment

• My favourite cleansing oil should be Fancl Cleansing Oil. It removes every streak and traces of my make up in a breeze! It's easy to use and it's also perfect for removing waterproof mascara. I'm already in my 3rd bottle and would continue to use it

I've tried KP before, it cleans off the make up well enough, but, it leaves my skin a little dry especially along my jaw line. :huh:

also tried Biotherm cleansing milk, this is very mild, and can't remove waterproof mascara that well. :roll:

Comment

• Originally posted by Vonnie
              Do a search in Yahoo auctions. I think I saw someone selling it.
              Thanks jemay and vonnie... think i'll scout around for it.. if i really can't get it then might give the KP cleansing oil a shot.. Fancl one sounds more expensive compared to the KP one...

Comment

• Fancl cleansing oil is SGD30 for 120ml

Comment

• I bought Whitish cleansing oil and try it yesterday night. The texture is a bit watery but surprisingly it cleanses pretty well.

The only downside is that you need to rub a bit longer around the eye area to remove my waterproof mascara. I like the slight frangrace in the cleansing oil too.
                  Last edited by babysammi; 13-12-2003, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• do your double cleanse with cleansing oil even if you do not have make-up one? oh ya and fancl cleansing oil how long is it to the expiry date?

Comment

• 120 days after opening.
                      1 year i believe after manufacturing date if you don't open it.

Comment

• Originally posted by qian
                        do your double cleanse with cleansing oil even if you do not have make-up one?
                        Qian, you're lapsing into Singlish-speak again. Did you mean to ask if we double cleanse even if we don't have makeup on? No, why would you want to double cleanse when you do not have makeup on? A gentle foaming or milk cleanser will do, or if you've been out allday and you you hadn't worn any face protection and wish to take off the dirt and grime, then you might want to use a mild scrub. You can then follow with the rest of your regimen: toner (optional) and moisturiser, etc.

Comment

• I prefer Fancl because it's non-fragrance. Couldn't stand KP's fragrance.

Comment

• Ok guys, here a Qns. Anyone using Za New range cleansing oil ? isit good ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chantille
                              Ok guys, here a Qns. Anyone using Za New range cleansing oil ? isit good ?
                              smell is the typical ZA smell, that is present in most of the ZA products i have tried.

Consistency is more watery.... compared to IPSA and Shu. Just a little more watery than KP.

when mixed with water, it does not emulsify as much as with IPSA, Shu and Fancl. Finds it does not clean waterproof mascara very cleanly too. Even on days when i dont use waterproof mascara but just 3 coats of shiseido, ysl and loreal mascara, i had traces of mascara left.

if you wanna try, i can pour some over and send them to you.

Comment

• Does anyone know the ingredients of the fancl cleansing oil? I threw away the packaging when i bought mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X