No announcement yet.

Cleansing Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a video on youtube, where this girl swears by using extra virgin olive oil to remove her makeup.. Is that advisable?

Comment

• Originally posted by highonshopping View Post
      I saw a video on youtube, where this girl swears by using extra virgin olive oil to remove her makeup.. Is that advisable?
      It works but you have to remove it with a damp facecloth which means you have to wash and maintain the facecloth. It's easier to add an emulsifier such as PEG-olivate to the olive oil so that it can be rinsed off like a commercial cleansing oil. That's DIY cleansing oil. You can get teh PEG-olivate from whoopeekiddies.com website. You still have to double cleanse with a second cleanser.

Comment

• ^^ Oh i see. Too much trouble I guess. Still rather buy commercial cleasing oils, though more expensive. Thanks dear!

Comment

• Thanks for the comments on the Pure Beauty cleansing water! Did not get them eventually, am now a user of Fancl MCO. Hope it works well for me

Comment

• So far I really like Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil. I have acneproneand sensitive skin. It works well on me

Comment

• Second the Origins. I lovelovelovelove it too

Comment

• Have been using Origins CO for the past 1 week. Wanted to switch away from water-based cleansers since i've read how "oil dissolves oil", and was looking for something that could help unclog whitehead plugs. It's my first experience with cleansing oils, so decided to go for something natural.

So far, am liking the therapeutic scent and how easily it emulsifies. I noticed a few bits of grainy stuff that gets rubbed off in the first two washes (sorry if too much info! Lol!)and my skin did look brighter and felt softer after using it

But on the 3rd day, i developed a few pimples and noticed some other bumps. Not too sure if anyone has experienced more whiteheads and pimples from using this?? Maybe it's just my skin - the dreaded complicated type that is sensitive/rosacea type, oily on the inside and dehydrated on the outside. Sigh.

I'm quite confused over whether this is just an initial purging period, or if it's a skin reaction to the natural ingredients in the CO. And i normally double cleanse with Malin + Goetz grapefruit cleanser, which is designed for eczema skin and doesn't require a toner since it leaves no residue.

Been spending so much money in trying to find my HG makeup remover ....... not sure if i ought to continue using and risk getting my pores more clogged from CO instead of clearing them.

Comment

• jazziemew: how about let your bumps subside first, before giving the Origins CO another try? if bumps appear again after the 2nd try, the best is to discontinue using it...

you mentioned you've got eczema skin.. is your skin very dry? if so, maybe instead of using CO, go for a makeup remover in cream texture, which usually provides moisture to the skin during makeup removal.

Comment

• sunkisstiffy: Yeah, perhaps i should cease using it first and then try again later... how long should i normally wait? i dun put on alot of makeup, not even sunscreen.. usually just bb cream/loose powder and eyeliner.

I don't have eczema skin, but i have rosacea.. so my skin is highly reactive and sensitive. It tends to get dry only on specific areas (the cheeks and eye area). Hence i use products meant for eczema skin since those would be the most gentle. I was actually advised not to get anything creamy or milky cos those might be too rich and clog my pores.. So most of my skin care routine has been oil-free, water-based, with exception of the CO.

Before using Orgins CO, i was using Mandom's cleansing express moist. Was quite good and i didn't have any sensitization or breakouts from it. But i felt it didn't provide a deep enough clean. And wasn't effective in removing eye makeup. Tried their cleansing gel too, which emulsifies to water. However i was not too keen on the chemical scent and felt as if my natural oils were being stripped off.

Comment

• Hey,

I just read watson pamplet that they are bring in

anyone try it out yet?
                      momo-san
                      Cozy Celeb
                      Last edited by momo-san; 22-11-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil

Any idea where to get Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil online? Or any cheaper source?

Comment

• momo-san

i bought this in japan last year, didn't like it cos i find it doesn't remove my makeup very well, especially eye makeup when the advertisement shows that it removes eye makeup easily

actually this can be found in carrefour and ntuc finest (parkway parade) if you're interested

Comment

• How much is Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil retailing for?
                            From the brand I guess it should be more expensive than FCO.

Comment

• ohcura Actually not really more expensive. I forgot how much Fancl was retailing for but Origins is $36/200ml.

Comment

• Last time I'm using the cleansing oil from shu umera but after that my skin doc dont allow me to use cleansing oil, though it cleanse very well but long term use will actually worsen the skin. Anyone heard of this before. Quite a number of skin doc told me that

Comment

Working...
                                X