Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelm
    replied
    Hi, am using Shu Uemura, pore clarifying gentle cleansing oil.....a hassle free cleanser for both eye & face....just rinse off after application

Leave a comment:

• ken_ken
    replied
    Originally posted by efai View Post
    muji one no more?
    cant find it at ION outlet.
    out of stock for quite a while

Leave a comment:

• efai
    replied
    muji one no more?
    cant find it at ION outlet.

Leave a comment:

• spidermanxx
    replied
    i love the dhc one! fancl has a strange smell. however i read on viva woman that oil cleansers can cause skin problems! anyone facing this issue??

Leave a comment:

• D3stiny
    replied
    Reviving this thread!

Any new recommendations of cleaning oils? What are your new favourites?

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied
    Review - Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

Themakeup remover which requires very minimum rubbing!

For those who have read my posts in the forum, you’ll ****** know I am a vivd fan of Fancl MCO. I never fail to stock up at least half a dozen whenever I’ve a chance to buy them from Japan because the price is just so much cheaper!

Let me share with you why!

Fancl develops products which have got no preservatives, and this explain their products’ short life spans. For me, I use Fancl MCO almost once daily to remove my makeup, 2-3 pumps each usage, and I’m able to finish the bottle within 2 months.

Not only that, Fancl MCO required very little rubbing, massage, and emulsification.

When comes to skincare products, Fancl emphasizes less tugging of the skin, to minimize/delay aging skin.

Fancl demo-ed to the effectiveness and benefits of Fancl MCO to me, and in return for me to share with my readers!

Here’s a few snapshots showing you how gentle and effective the Fancl MCO is!

Take 2-3 pumps and apply the MCO onto the skin. Do a light rubbing, with minimum strength, it doesn’t matter if the light rubbing doesn’t remove the makeup, because later on, during rinsing, (or emulsification), the makeup will be removed by itself!

For mascara, it is recommended to use more amount of Fancl MCO.

There’s no specific rule on the temperature of the water for rinsing. But it’s always good to use very slight warm water, good for the skin.

When mascara is unable to remove thoroughly during rinsing, give the skin a little more light rubbing, the water (together with Fancl MCO) will help to remove it.

Here’s how clean my skin is after rinsing…
    Notice the brightened up area on my skin? The cleansed area felt soft and smooth.

After cleansing, my skin doesn't feel oily at all!

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied

The cleansing oil comes in clear texture. To be used on DRY palms and DRY face.

I had a few trials on using Hydrating Cleansing Oil. Initially I almost thought it’s not going to work on my waterproof eyeliner and mascara. But after a few trial-and-errors, I realised DRY palms and DRY face are a must inorder to really see the results.

Previously, I tend to damp my fingers/palms before removing my makeup. Then I realised it somehow made my cleansing oil texture dilute and makeup removal wasn’t successful!

Then I tried with dry palms and dry skin, this time I spent quite awhile on the massage and took about 4 pumps. 1 pump for each cheek, and 1 pump for each eye (with waterproof eye makeup), as I masage, my t-zone were slowly in contact with the cleansing oil and foundation was able to be removed. When came to the eye areas, I massage longer on my eyelines and eyelashes.

There’s no need for emulsification! So do not add water in the midst of massaging the skin! Adding water will only dilute the cleansing oil and makeup is not going to be removed effectively.

When I feel that the massage isn’t smooth (as in the gliding is not smooth enough), just add another half to 1 pumps of cleansing oil to remove the makeup. It helps!

After all the massage, I proceeded to rinse my face and viola, face felt smooth and soft, and cleaned!

Leave a comment:

• chiaberry
    replied
    If using a heavy duty mascara such as Kiss Me Heroine, Majolica Majorca, etc it is still better to use a separate eye make up remover like L'Oreal's as those types of mascara can be difficult to get off even with cleansing oil and requires quite a lot of massaging with the oil which can damage your eyelashes as well as causing dehydration around your eye area (eventually predisposing to fine lines).

Leave a comment:

• dodo
    replied
    Kamaria Pure Milk Whitening is not effective in cleaning mascara. i am using dhc! great product!

Leave a comment:

• taylorlim
    replied
    Anyone use Fancl cleansing oil? I was tempted to buy two days ago but wondering how it feels like

Leave a comment:

• beauteguru
    replied
    Boske Oil Dissolving Cleansing Oil

Recently I have been using Boske Oil Dissolving Cleansing Oil to remove my make-up and suncreen. It not only cleanses my face, it also dissolves blackheads! My skin doesn't fee dry cos it contains "Squalane" which brings moisture to the skin. It's oil-free formula and pH balance.

I used to use SKII cleansing oil (very pricy!) but I heard it contains mainly mineral oil which is a very cheap ingredient!

Think I will continue to try Boske Oil Dissolving Cleansing Oil cos it only costs S$45 (75ml). I got it from SkinBar | Not Your Ordinary Skincare.

Leave a comment:

• jleeyl
    replied
    Recently I bought Fancl cleansing oil after trying so many different types of cleansing oil. Fancl cleansing oil works well on me.

You can read my full review here.

Yellow + Pink: Fancl Cleansing Oil - a review
    Last edited by CCShell; 26-09-2011, 08:01 PM. Reason: Advertising and referral links are not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied
    #Review# Kamaria Pure Milk Whitening Cleansing Oil

The name “Pure Milk”, its cute “carton milk box” packaging, and the cow caught my eyes attention.

Just like me, you may have thought the texture of this cleansing oil( CO) is milky and in white? But then again, CO is usually in 1 or 2 layers (biphase) in clear/translucent oily/watery texture, what is it like to have CO in white?

Wrong l.o.r, opening up the “carton box” of the “Pure Milk” CO, I see clear watery CO!

Comes in pH 5.5, pretty healthy to the skin. I don’t remember sensing any smell/fragrance.

It states that this CO is able to penetrates deeply into the skin. I’m like, “huh” cleaning OIL” penetrates into my skin layers?? I don’t know.

Whitening Formula
    It also states 1000mg of milk, Job’s tear grains (Coix Lacryma) that helps the skin to regain back to baby feel, translucent, fair brightened skin.

Moisturizing Formula
    Olive oil essence and egg white extract are used in the formulation. These help to provide moisture to the skin, locking up the natural moisture from the skin.

How I use is, take the appropriate amount into my palms and massage them onto my dry face (okay with wet face but I find the CO too dilute and watery), before emulsification.

I don’t feel any “friction” or “cushion” during emulsification, it’s simply too watery to convince myself that my face makeup is removed.

Say to say, despite containing 50% of olive oil, I don’t find it very effective in removing off my makeup, especially smudge proof mascara and liquid eyeliner.

One good thing about Kamaria Pure Milk Whitening Cleansing Oil is, it’s oil-free. I don’t feel its oiliness.

Another plus point, it is alcohol-free.

Product of Korea, made in Taiwan.

If you are interested, you may check them out at John Little.

Leave a comment:

• limsl
    replied
    I have a dry skin. After trying a few brand of cleanser, I personally like Snow Beau Brand cleanser. You won't feel greasy after using the cleanser.

The reason being:
    - I like the smell of wheat germ oil
    - the price is affordable
    - My skin is clean as it removes dirt & makeup.
    - my face not getting drier now as wheat germ oil able to moisture my skin

Leave a comment:

• chiaberry
    replied
    Originally posted by highonshopping View Post
    Anyone broke out from muji sensitive CO? I had many pimples popping out suddenly and I think the CO is the culprit. So sad..And I purchased the 200ml bottle. But looking at the ingredients, I don't really see any harsh chemicals or anything that could have caused the breakout. Any idea?
    Did you emulsify the cleansing oil properly - that means massage with wet fingers to mix water with the oil for a few minutes) before splashing water and rinsing off. People often neglect the emulsifying step which could result in the oil not doing its job properly and oil/make up residue remaining on the skin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X