DIY Body Care products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY soaps, lotions, creams and balms?

Are there places in Singapore that conduct soap or lotion making classes or workshop?

Do you know of any places that sell soap or lotion making supplies?
    Last edited by clpersonal; 28-05-2004, 01:05 AM.

Comment

The glycerin from spotlight can be made into soap right away? Or will still need Lye?

Comment

The glycerin block from spotlight can only make glycerin soap. Which is those transparent/translucent rock hard soap.

I want to make cold pressed soap, which is what you can find at those bath and body websites. To make soap, you need LYE, also known as caustin soda, or sodium hydroxide(NaOH).

Learn how to make soap

Comment

where do you find these...

:huh: just wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase craft ingrediants such as:

-bees wax
          -shea butter

Comment

some simple recipes in a snap:

honey-bee body scrub:

ingredients: 3 tbsp raw sugar, 2tbsp honey
            miz these two ingredients together and you can use it as a body scrub ,even to scrub your foot. its very good.

yoghurt,oatmeal and milk face and body scrub;

ingredients: 3tbsp plain natural yoghurt, 2tbsp oatmeal, 2tbsp full cream milk. mix all these ingredients together and you can use it as a face and body scrub. the oatmeal gently exfoliates your skin without hurting them and yoghurt and milk helps to sooth, moisturise and soften the skin.
            it works and its simple and natural.

Comment

diy pecipes are simple and yet effective. i always do a yoghue\rt and milk scrub twice a week and it softens my skin .

Comment

i don't think you can find shea butter here. they do but already made for using not for making things. same for beeswax. its difficult to find these ingredients in singapore. you might wanna try to search on the website and order from them.

Comment

does anyone diy body recipes?

Comment

Does anyone knows how to do DIY body lotion/moisturiser?

Comment

no i don't.

Comment

Babysammi,

You could check out some B&B recipes from the links posted by champagne... it's hard to DIY body lotion though if you don't have the cream/lotion base and start everything from scratch.

Here is another link where you can find recipes and some supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by babysammi
                          Does anyone knows how to do DIY body lotion/moisturiser?
                          I've tried to make lotion before, but I still prefer the store-bought version, will probably try again when I'm free. It's quite easy to find recipes from the internet, but you'll probably need to try a few before finding one that works for you!

Comment

some are very simple to make, an its less than 10 mins. and i think this recipe will suit almost every skin type .

oats
                            plain yoghurt
                            milk

mix these ingredients together for a one time use face and body scrub. its good for people who have sensitive skin and dry skin. cos oats is a very gentle exfoliator and won't harm or scratch your skin, its not harsh. and yoghurt simply moisturises and softens your skin!

Comment

hi,

I think i saw plant planet in centrepoint 3rd floor selling cream/lotion base. Just glance through. Not too sure.
                              You may want to check it out there.

Originally posted by Nitefrost
                              Babysammi,

You could check out some B&B recipes from the links posted by champagne... it's hard to DIY body lotion though if you don't have the cream/lotion base and start everything from scratch.

Here is another link where you can find recipes and some supplies.

Comment

make simple ones to start . face scubs and body scrubs are easy to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X