Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audrey
    replied
    i store mine for 3 months. it wont spoil as long as the container is air tight.

i mix the vanilla pod and sugar together and leave them in the air tight container for months. nothing change.

Leave a comment:

• xangelicj
    replied
    Originally posted by Audrey
    some are very simple to make, an its less than 10 mins. and i think this recipe will suit almost every skin type .

oats
    plain yoghurt
    milk

mix these ingredients together for a one time use face and body scrub. its good for people who have sensitive skin and dry skin. cos oats is a very gentle exfoliator and won't harm or scratch your skin, its not harsh. and yoghurt simply moisturises and softens your skin!
    how long can this be stored? or do u make just enough for one-time use?

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    yes you can rae. you can ,mix almonds with sugar...you can also mix some milk. just a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    i made vanilla scrub in a very easy way. bought a pack of mascavoda sugar/ raw sugar and then just pour it in a bowl and scrap out the vanilla extract from the vanilla beans and mix the extract and cut the pod into small pieces and mix well in the bowl and store them in airtight container...it can be kept for months. its much easier and without having the use of blender. just mix everything up and the vanilla extract from the pod is the one that makes the fragrant and also cut up the pod into pieces and store everything into the container. its just mixing everything up and store them in a container. i still had mine for 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• rae1001
    replied
    Originally posted by Audrey
    angela,

here are more recieps...enjoy!

citrus face scrub:

oatmeal
    ground almonds
    2tbsp of lemon juice
    1tbsp honey

mix all the ingredients together and this is good for oily and combination skin.

They're coming along great! All thanks to you of course
    For the citrus face scrub, can i substitute the oatmeal and almonds with sugar?

Leave a comment:

• Aiingel
    replied
    vanilla sugar

For making the vanilla scrub, I have a suggestion for making it more quickly - without having to store it for two weeks!

Idea is from Jamie Oliver . He makes vanilla sugar by taking plain white sugar and putting it into a food processor, and then throwing in a whole vanilla pod. Grind it all up, and sift the sugar to get rid of the residue. Dump the remains of the pod back into the food processor with a bit of sugar and grind again, to extract the last bits of flavour! Store sugar in airtight container and you can keep it for months - use in baking, flavouring coffee, etc. - and of course, to make body scrubs .

Where can vanilla beans be found in S'pore, and how much do they cost per pod?

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    angela,

here are more recieps...enjoy!

citrus face scrub:

oatmeal
    ground almonds
    2tbsp of lemon juice
    1tbsp honey

mix all the ingredients together and this is good for oily and combination skin.

face mask for dry and normal skin:

mash 1 whole banana
    2tbsp of plain yoghurt
    1tbsp honey

mix them all and leave on your face for 15-20 mins and rinse off with cool water. it helps to moisturise and smooth the face.

foot scrub:

lavender essential oil... 3 drops
    mint essential oil... 3 drops
    raw sugar 6 tbsp
    lemon essential oil...2 drops ( or you can use lemon juice)
    rosemary essential oil...1 2 drops.

mix them all and use it to exfoliate your foot and the heels.

classic bubble bath:

6tbsp of pure unscented castile soap/ unscented liquid soap base
    1tbsp almond oil
    lemon essential oil.... 3 drops
    rosemary essential oil... 2 drops
    2 drops grapefruit essential oil

fresh yoghurt wrap/ body scrub

3 tbsp natural plain yoghurt
    3tbsp oatmeal ground
    pineapple juice 2 tbsp
    mint essential oil..2 drops ( or fresh rosemary sprigs mashed up )

honey and lemon/ lime soak:

3 tbsp honey
    lemon juice 3 tbsp
    lime peel.... one whole lime

you can use this for soothing dry feet.

romantic bath gel:

2 drops patchouli essential oil
    2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
    1 drop jasmine/ rose essential oil
    250ml pure unscented liquid soap base

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    so how's your scrubs coming along rae?

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    hi rae,

i use plain natural yoghurt and i mix it with rolled oats. the quaker oats grains a big thats why you feel that its soft cos its not grine into smaller grains. i use the one from sanitarium brand.... you can find it at cold storage. the grains are very small and its better to use as a scrub. the packing is red and blue. its from australia. i use to use the no frills brand then i also find it too soft and not fine enough to use as a scrub, so i just bought the santarium brand and its better. its rolled oats and the grains is much smaller. you can mix a bit if honey with it as well. i use that as a body scrub and face scrub.

Leave a comment:

• rae1001
    replied
    Finally bought the yogurt.
    But the scrub is a bit wierd..
    The oats seems really soft and doesn't really scrub well.
    Audrey, what kind of oats do you use? I went to use the quaker quick cooking oatmeal.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    you dont have to use thw whole carton of milk,, just a little /

Leave a comment:

• rae1001
    replied
    Phew.
    Or the carton of milk will be wasted..
    Will try the face scrub tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    its more like a scrub cos of the oatmeal but just dont add the oatmeal if you want it as a mask. like what i said, use yoghurt honey and milk together as a face mask without the oatmeal.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    Originally posted by rae1001
    O dear! You mean when the full cream milk for diy stuff must be in powder form!!
    I got the king in carton. Argh!! I don't even drink full cream milk!!

no \really.... i dont use powder form too rae.... i use the carton magnolia full cream milk and i mix it with plain natural yoghurt with a tea sppon of honey as a face mask.

Leave a comment:

• Audrey
    replied
    Originally posted by babysammi
    U can use full cream milk as mask. Simply add dew drops of water to the milk powder til it becomes a paste. Apply on the face and wait til 15 min and wash off after that.

U can mixed oatmeal and honey together and apply it as a mask. Wash it off after 15 minutes. Both mask provides moisture and radiance to the skin

you're right sammi... but you have to use milk powder right? the liquid full cream milk cant unless you mix with yoghurt into a paste form. but it really helps to moisture and radiance the skin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X