Solution to cracked lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to cracked lips

was surfing for treatment on chapped and cracked lips on the net and came across this.

1. Avoid licking your lips; it dries them out.

2. Drink enough water. and!!!

3. Rub your finger alongside of your nose and then on your lips; that puts natural oils in them
    :ROFL:

I usually slap on a thick layer of vaseline on my lips before i sleep every night. And i wake up with soft and moisturised lips in the morning!

Comment

Hmm.. I also got this problem

Now it seems worst cos my lips side at the end is peeling off. Not sure if it is dry lips or peeling skin.

Comment

I used to have chap lips problem and the worst thing is I like to peel it off with my hand or bite it off with my teeth.
        Now my problem has totally solve and I don't even need to use any lipblam in daytime even i work in air-conditioned place. I use kiehl's #1 lipblam everynight before I sleep and the chaps are all gone.

Comment

I also use vaseline for such problem.

Comment

Me using Burt's Bee, another recommendation is Ayura's Lip Moist Wrapping, however it's a tad more expensive!

Comment

nivea's lip care does the job for me it's got some mango smell too so that's great.

Comment

will use bodyshop vanilla lip balm before bed. the dry skin will shed off the next day, leaving my lip soft.

i have a habit to exfoliate my lips every 2 weeks, using my facial scrubs. just use finger lightly scrub in circulating motions. HTH

Comment

i've been using khiel's lipblam for the past few days and i like this alot. i also try to brush my lips gently with my toothbrush everynight after brushing my teeth. and do try to avoid peeling your lips. makes the problem worse.

Comment

wat iamapig found out is true.. licking your lips will make it dryer - rationale : evaporation..

and yup, like some of the cotters here.. i also use vaseline everynite and morning! cheap and it works! *smiles*

Comment

Hi iamapig

Just to share, i've been smoothering L'Occitane shea butter balm every nite before i go to bed, and also will smoother a thin layer of the balm before i apply any lipstick or lip gloss. not only does it moisturizes my lips it also perks my lips and looks smooth and full especially when i apply my lippie For better results, you can try exfoliating your lips wif a soft toothbrush on your wet lips after you brush your teeth.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by LynetteFrancis
                        Hi iamapig

Just to share, i've been smoothering L'Occitane shea butter balm every nite before i go to bed, and also will smoother a thin layer of the balm before i apply any lipstick or lip gloss. not only does it moisturizes my lips it also perks my lips and looks smooth and full especially when i apply my lippie For better results, you can try exfoliating your lips wif a soft toothbrush on your wet lips after you brush your teeth.

HTH
                        Thanks for the tip , where can i get L'Occitane products?

Comment

Originally posted by iamapig
                          Thanks for the tip , where can i get L'Occitane products?
                          L'Occitane has stand-alone stores in Citylink, Centerpoint, Taka.
                          hths.

Comment

I heard that Elizebeth Arden's 8 hr cream is good for this. When I 1st tested this I thought gosh such a heavy moisturiser, I did not know it was for lips. Apparently, its was 1st used hospitals to treat burns and was really effective.

Comment

When I first started accutane, my lips peeled like crazy, even the sides of the mouth cracked. and I tried all sorts of lip balms because my old-faithful neutrogena lip moisturiser just couldn't cut it for me anymore...
                              and the only ones that worked for me were:

Vaseline (those in the tubes and cost about 2 bucks each) and
                              Nuxe lipbalm

nuxe is the only expensive lipbalm i re-purchased, which says alot because I'm super fickle and hardly buy anything twice. Doesn't need as much reapplication as vaseline, but it comes in a tub, so I don't bring it out. Vaseline is good because it's cheap, works and my lips actually look pretty good with it. Pink and shiny.
                              (the nuxe has this slight yellowish cast, and if you have dry flakes, it will look a bit gross)

Comment

Working...
                              X