No announcement yet.

Soft Straight - by SuperCuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did soft straightening last year and its left me with poker straight hair. definitely not as natural looking as pauline's. looking good there girl.

i'm tempted to give it another shot since my hair's pretty messed up but i don't want to run the risk of more hair loss. found this pretty damaging althought it wasn't as bad as rebonding.

Comment

• eh...my hair before was super messy and ugly... Jemay can vouch for that....anyway the reason why my hair is not poker-straight is cos' i had very bad layers at my old stylist and even after straightening, the part where the hair is very short will still 'stick out' from the rest of the longer hair. For those who have hair about the same length, your hair should be alot more straight than mine but i really like the effect of Soft Straight on layered hair cos' it makes it look really neat and voluminous without looking messy

Comment

• ok girls! I'm seriousely tempted by soft straight cos my hair is so damaged it keeps on breaking..but the problem is, I have natural curls and very ( I mean VERY) thick and stubborn hair so i really don't know whether I should go for soft straight since it's gentler and may not be effective on my hair...I did normal rebonding 2 years back and it didn't turn out to be unnaturally straight at all..I guess maybe it's because of the natural curls and my hair is really difficult to penetrate?? ( i've dyed it 7 times but it's still black) A year later, i did a ceramic perm and it gave me very natural looking big waves which are still wavy after more than a year but I'm sick of seeing myself with curls so now I want straight hair..should I go for normal rebonding or soft straight???

Comment

• My good friend went for the soft straight at Supercuts. Her hair appears to be softer and looks rebonded, although it doesn't appear to be as flat as it. It seems natural.

So I think the soft straight is pretty good!

Comment

• Hi there!

i'm eager to try Soft straight, but i'm not sure if my hair can take it. I rebonded it about 4 months ago and it's no longer straight. the lower half of my hair is quite dry after a bad bleaching job, (still growing hair out), the upper part is virgin hair. if i do soft straight now would the effects be positive?

thank you
            Last edited by pinkblush; 09-01-2004, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkblush
              if i do soft straight now would the effects be positive?

thanks you
              maybe try growing out ur bleached hair first?
              cos the damaged section will be even more drier if a chemical work is done...
              just my 2 cents worth

Comment

• i'm thinking of doing the soft straight treatment now after reading all your posts! after joining CC, my expenses seem to be increasing month after month...

anyway, i just cut my hair to chin length with some layers last week, and now they're sticking out at odd places. is it suitable for me to straighten it to slolve this prob?

also, is there any discounts now?

thanks!

Comment

• Hey girl, straight hair is quite suitable to get the desired effect you want for certain cuts and if you do not like the 'flat-ness' of rebonding then Soft Straight is the option for you don't think they have any discounts or anything right now...

Comment

• Hi pauline,

How much did u pay for the soft straight?
                    Also, did your hairstylist caution when can u start washing and tieing your hair?

Comment

• thanks pauline, i've already made an appointment this sat, hope it turns out well! but my heart aches for my pocket...

Comment

• Originally posted by birthday_flame
                        i've already made an appointment this sat, hope it turns out well! but my heart aches for my pocket...
                        birthday_flame sure turn out well as I've did my soft-straight last year and till now I'm very satisfied with the result. Was also deciding should I do rebonding again or soft-straight the other time. :choice:

Comment

• Originally posted by raejan
                          How much did u pay for the soft straight?
                          Also, did your hairstylist caution when can u start washing and tieing your hair?
                          i paid $180 for my hair length which was a lil' below the shoulder Ken (my stylist at FEP) said that i can wash my hair the next day and can even do whatever i want to it (tie, swim etc..). He mentioned that it will not affect the hair whatsoever, of course if you swim, hair will be drier..Ken is very honest and straightforward, that's something i really like about him too

Comment

• i'm a newbie to straightening hair.. is it very difficult to maintain afterwards ie: can't tie hair, etc? also, must we use the salon recommended products which supposedly help to maintain the effect? thanx!

Comment

• hi cherrycoke,

after rebonding, it would be advisable not to tie up your hair as it might leave a kink. but it's only for the first couple of days. i did start tying my hair after about 2 days and my hair was still poker straight.

as for hair products, it's not necessary to use the ones recommended by the salons but do get one that's more moisturising as rebonding does damage the hair.

Comment

• did my rebonding last august, but by this month hair started to return to its wavy, unruly state....i experienced hairloss during my previous rebonding but cannot stand hair being unruly.

was wondering if soft straight will coz hairloss or not coz i have very thin hair unlike most cotters.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X