No announcement yet.

Bare Escentuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wanting to try their foundation but didn't have a chance to...

as for their blushes, yes it is very pigmented IMO. have to be careful not to get too much onto your brush. eyeshadows wise, they have 3 kind of formulas... normal eyeshadows, glimmers & glimpse. they are all very pigmented with the exception of glimpse coz as the name suggest it is more towards sheer. Glimmer gives a sparkling shimmery effect. I use all these 3 formulas with UDPP underneath and they work fine for me. And I love it that they actually have a wide range.

Their philosophy: Swirl, tap & buff... that is normally how they recommend u to apply their products.

Comment

Seriously i've always wanted to try Mineral makeup and BE is one of the best brand for it and i've read one of the site's abt mineral makeup are good all skin type and you can sleep with it too!! Lemming already for the foundation and face powder...

Comment

I think sleeping with it means Rareminerals? IIRC, those are powder like and you apply them before you sleep... but those are really expensive. like 60 USD. that's why i never got down to trying them... dun think they act as base makeup though.

BE is well known but is rather ex as compared to other mineral MU out there... and plus it is rather hard for us to get it.

Comment

I love BE's Mineral Veil! Bought mine online in ebay. I also like their cosmetic bags! Actually, I read somewhere later that BE is not that great because it contains bismuth, which is like a cheap filler, and which may irritate skin. And I'm the type who's easily swayed by marketing hype, so now rethinking my decision to buy a huge tub of the mineral veil.

Comment

Originally posted by katia View Post
            I love BE's Mineral Veil! Bought mine online in ebay. I also like their cosmetic bags! Actually, I read somewhere later that BE is not that great because it contains bismuth, which is like a cheap filler, and which may irritate skin. And I'm the type who's easily swayed by marketing hype, so now rethinking my decision to buy a huge tub of the mineral veil.
            You can try Everyday Minerals' Finishing Dust which is pretty much the exact same thing but TONS cheaper.

I can't use any of the BE brushes because they scratch the life out of my sensitive skin. I do use their concealor brush which works great though.

I can't use BE because it gives me bumps and is super shiny, even with Mineral Veil. I've switched to EM which is a fraction of the cost and works well for me as they have 4 different formulas to choose from. They also ship to Spore and have free samples - just pay shipping.

HTH

Comment

muimui -> Very late but hope I can help some. I'm NC/NW 25 or so and I wear Light.

soliloquy3 -> BE foundations are kinda heavy to me. The glow it imparts looks nicer after the makeup is worn for sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by katia View Post
                That's true, bismuth is very bad for some people, read this :

bismuth and mineral makeup

source

Comment

i was just thinking of trying out their blush, any idea which will suit NC15

http://a1377.g.akamai.net/7/1377/827.../942128_sw.jpg

Comment

If you want those duos, I would suggest going with Joyous Jennifer/Sorbet duo

Comment

thank you for the reply i'm so excited abt my new buy!! ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by mystixx View Post
                        I think sleeping with it means Rareminerals? IIRC, those are powder like and you apply them before you sleep... but those are really expensive. like 60 USD. that's why i never got down to trying them... dun think they act as base makeup though.

BE is well known but is rather ex as compared to other mineral MU out there... and plus it is rather hard for us to get it.
                        Sleeping with powder on, sounds perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mystixx View Post

very tempting to try this... Anyone try it b4? How is the review like?

Comment

Jill, have you start using them?

Comment

Oh, not yet as I was out-stationed and will only get back to London on the 11th. I can't wait to try them... I will see if I can do a review ya. Counting down the days.....

Comment

Working...
                              X