Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutiepie
    replied
    do you gals think their poweder tend to make the face quite oily after few hour?

Leave a comment:

• VinLongo
    replied
    anyone bought "Fair" starter kit from SG.
    I tested my color and its the lightest and i think its LIght. I was told its not available at Ion but i forgot to check if its out of stock or not carried in.....

any advise.

anyone managed to order from bareminerals website and how's their parcel size. online selling usd60 and abt 90++ and compared to SG 115, actually not a good deal ..... but if my shade isnt available in SG for starter kit, then i guess online is the way.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    Originally posted by jollydolly View Post
    leechie, oh I've not tried their Matt version. It's supposed to have more oil control i think. heh, actually i use very little of the powder. Their coverage is not bad. I like it that we can control the coverage. If I dust on lightly, the look is sheer which is good when i go to nearby shopping malls.
    i didnt know how much to use the v.first time i used it...so ended up using almost 1/4 of the tub now i use this powder foundation first then top up with my pink-tone loose powder after tt actually, the color difference between fair, fairly light n light is not tt great...think my real color is nearer fairly light...but i prefer fair which makes me look dolly i'm using my light tub these days...not v.pretty...but still ok after my pink-tone loose powder

Leave a comment:

• jollydolly
    replied
    leechie, oh I've not tried their Matt version. It's supposed to have more oil control i think. heh, actually i use very little of the powder. Their coverage is not bad. I like it that we can control the coverage. If I dust on lightly, the look is sheer which is good when i go to nearby shopping malls.

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    Hi leechie,
    Oh how come your starter kit is for "medium" skin tone if you are using fair and fairly light? Actually, the bronzer is really to accentuate areas on the face. Some people put it on their cheekbones but I'm not sure exactly where. My face is small to begin with, so there isnt much places to put since I've already put on blusher on my cheeks. Maybe you can try to dust lightly over the sides of your jaw to see if you like the effect. I find it a hassle and the effect is nothing to shout about for me. I'm thinking of giving the bronzer away to my friend who has darker skin tone!

Btw, how do you find the bare escentuals mineral powders? Somehow they dont really last on my face even though I tried their face primer. The brushes are also quite scratchy. Touching up is quite a hassle too since they dont have a compact powder. I was complating getting the full-size but now having second thoughts.
    oh cos mine is v.special kit bot during the sale de so my bronzer shld b darker than yours i wanna use the bronzer to shade my jawlines but worried tt it might b too dark for me

i like this brand...the weather is super hot these days n many liquid foundations melt on me easily (i was using rmk on sunday n tt one really melt like dunno what ) but the BE powder foundation is v.long lasting on me...can last me from morning to late nite...i just touch up once during mid-noon with pressed powder maybe u can try touching up with pressed powder? btw, have you tried their matte version?i only tried once, cant really tell the diff btw, my 2 kits r old version, so they come with the vit c thingy rather than the primer shown in the pages here btw, their full-size is bigger now...in the past, their full-size is the same size as those in the starter kit...which is v.little for me cos i always use alot of powders de

Leave a comment:

• jollydolly
    replied
    Hi leechie,
    Oh how come your starter kit is for "medium" skin tone if you are using fair and fairly light? Actually, the bronzer is really to accentuate areas on the face. Some people put it on their cheekbones but I'm not sure exactly where. My face is small to begin with, so there isnt much places to put since I've already put on blusher on my cheeks. Maybe you can try to dust lightly over the sides of your jaw to see if you like the effect. I find it a hassle and the effect is nothing to shout about for me. I'm thinking of giving the bronzer away to my friend who has darker skin tone!

Btw, how do you find the bare escentuals mineral powders? Somehow they dont really last on my face even though I tried their face primer. The brushes are also quite scratchy. Touching up is quite a hassle too since they dont have a compact powder. I was complating getting the full-size but now having second thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    leechie
    Are you refering to the bronzer that comes in the starter kit? Personally i find it way too dark. I'm using the fairly light foundation. When the SA tried the bronzer on me, she only applied very very little on my jaws just to make my face more "angular". Personally, i find fair-skin people dont need bronzers. Blushers are much better.
    ya, i'm referring to the bronzer tt came in the starter kit for "medium" skin tone ppl...n i have 2 of these bronzers...wondering what i shld do with them? cos the color really look like dark brown n my skintone is nowhere near brown...hai.z do u think tt i still can use it on my jawline?i'm using fair n fairly light btw

Leave a comment:

• jollydolly
    replied
    leechie
    Are you refering to the bronzer that comes in the starter kit? Personally i find it way too dark. I'm using the fairly light foundation. When the SA tried the bronzer on me, she only applied very very little on my jaws just to make my face more "angular". Personally, i find fair-skin people dont need bronzers. Blushers are much better.

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    is the bronzer in "warmth" way too dark for a v.fair person?

Leave a comment:

• pinky_girli_me
    replied
    anyone tried their prime time oil control primer?

Leave a comment:

• blustery
    replied
    Originally posted by leechie View Post
    both sets r from starter kits but the sa told me tt the quality is the same as the ones sold separately
    also not very sure , i have not done a comparison
    it was based on what i read on mineral madness forum, e.g. this thread (last post)

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    Originally posted by blustery View Post
    if yours is not part of the starter kit, it might be better/good
    apparently those part of starter kit look more greenish
    (different factory from those separate brushes)
    both sets r from starter kits but the sa told me tt the quality is the same as the ones sold separately

Leave a comment:

• blustery
    replied
    Originally posted by leechie View Post
    i actually have 2 sets of their brushes man.z...havent tried the brushes yet...thinking of letting one set go cheaply now...
    if yours is not part of the starter kit, it might be better/good
    apparently those part of starter kit look more greenish
    (different factory from those separate brushes)

Leave a comment:

• leechie
    replied
    i actually have 2 sets of their brushes man.z...havent tried the brushes yet...thinking of letting one set go cheaply now...

Leave a comment:

• blustery
    replied
    Originally posted by Joyaholic View Post
    Why do they provide such scratchy brushes in the kit?
    yeah. getting more and more annoyed by the brushes in the kit.
    i wonder if they are getting scratchier?

my kabuki is still alright (bit scratchy) but the full coverage foundation brush seriously causes pain whenever i use it

but the BE kits (or was it the videos? which technically was part of the kit) started me on brushes. never liked to use brushes before this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X