Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair tools: Flat iron, Ionic hairdryer, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the one from VS sometime back. It didn't work very well for me and I find using it too often dries out the ends of my hair. I gave it away finally.

Comment

hey linda, yup it's definitely very drying to use everyday, but i've natural curls that even rebonding cant help totally, so im left with no choice!i guess if u want good results, ceramic irons provide the best result but way more drying because of the high temperature...
      Last edited by Glossie; 15-01-2005, 07:28 AM.

Comment

i was using a braun flat iron of sorts some years back. i know i gave up!

Comment

mine i dun experience dried hair due to i condition everyday and uses heat protector

Comment

My hair's a total-mess... very wavy!

So I use the Vidal sassoon flat iron (steam type) to straighten just my fringe, which is the most important part of my hair! haha

If I need to attend functions and want a neat hairdo... besides having my hair tied up, i use the flat irons on my entire head... it looks ok and as if I've rebonded my hair.

I don't think it's a good idea to straighten the whole head everyday... very damaging... and of course, time consuming (about 20minutes in my case!)!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkvenom
              My hair's a total-mess... very wavy!

So I use the Vidal sassoon flat iron (steam type) to straighten just my fringe, which is the most important part of my hair! haha
              Do happen to know the difference in results between the VS flat iron (steam type) and the one which comes in the 4-in-1?
              TIA!
              Last edited by Glossie; 15-01-2005, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Ionic Hair Dryer

Anyone has any idea where to find dryer which emit negative ions in Singapore?

Comment

National makes one. Not cheap though. Close to $100.

Comment

wow! Thanks. and that's expensive.

I'll do more search online to see if there're better offer at the mean time.

Comment

Diffuser

Does anyone have a hairdryer attached with a diffuser? Or maybe ever used it in salon? I have wavy hair, do I need it? Can it define curls/waves and tame the frizz?

Comment

I have wavy hair too, my hairstylist recommended using a diffuser to reduce frizz and define the curls. Just let the hair sit in the diffuser attachment, and the waves/curls will end up looking more defined, especially if you apply a little product before blow drying. Only thing is if you have thick hair, it may take longer to dry.

Comment

What curl enhancher products do you use, sydney? WIll drying my hair with diffuser make it puffy? My hair is not really thick.

Comment

No. The diffuser is not meant to make the hair look big... it may at look pouffier than normal at first but once the hair settles, in about ten minutes or so it will look ok.

I bought a curl enhancer from Toni & Guy, am not sure if the salon sells it here, bought mine in Bangkok from Boots. That seems to work pretty well. Leave in conditioner also seems to reduce frizz. Another alternative is mousse but I find it dries out the hair.

Comment

threads merged!

Comment

Where do we get a diffuser? Is it an additional tool u can add to ur hair dryer?

Comment

Working...
                                X