Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair tools: Flat iron, Ionic hairdryer, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by celinne
    Bought Revlon 1800W Ionic Hairdryer today from Best Denki. Selling at $49. It is with separate cool shot and 2 separate heat/speed settings. Revlon ionic hairdryer receives good reviews in MUA but I am not sure of whether the one I bought is the same model

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s..._Beauty_Tools/

I need to dry my hair fast. Hope this won't disappoint me
    How is the revlon dryer working for you? I need to get a new dryer as well.

Comment

Hey i have this Geometricks 6-in-1 HP 4696 from philips but I try to curl my hair 1 side curl very nice another side very hard to do.. Hehe got the feel to perm my hair.. Can anyone help me 1 side can another side very hard to do..

Comment

cooler0821, that's what it stopped me from buying these kind of hair styling tools. Just like painting my nails, I'm afraid one side would look nicer than the other.

Another reason is because I'm lazy

Comment

hey gal..do you remebered how much is it? Thanks!

Comment

Hmm I think is selling S$69.90.. Not too sure but very fun cos I don dare to perm my hair but still like curl.. Hehe I going to do tonight for dinner heehee but need to take abit more time to do l.a.h I ask my bf help me do another side that I cannot nicely do..

Comment

So nice to have your bf doing your hair! You're so blessed!

Comment

Hello gals,

Does anyone own electric hair rollers? Am so tempted to get one.. But heard it's quite ex.. $100+... Any recommendations as to which brand is better?? TIA!!

Comment

Not sure if Philips has it, they are having their carnival sale this sat and sunday...
                  you can check out their website or visit any distributors to see if they sell what you want. HTH

Comment

Thanks linggy. I'll go and check out the website. Went to Best Denki just now.. Didn't see any there.. The SA told me that they used to sell this Vidal Sassoon one but it's out of stock..

Comment

Which is better to get natural looking curls? Hair rollars or curling tongs?

Comment

hmm... i personally feel that curling tongs give more natural looking curls cos u can control the curls the way u want (big medium or small etc.) hair rollers tend to give tighter curls? Hmm... just an opinion.

Comment

The Philips that 10-in-1 that set was selling at $46 during the carnival. Wanted to buy but not sure if it is really good. Watson that thong is having promotion and is selling at $8.90 and I am tempted to buy. Btn, what is the differences btn the normal and the ceramic thong? TIA

Comment

I just bought Philips JetSet Control Ion 2000W hairdryer for $99! *gasp*
                            But it was a worthwhile investment since i use a hairdryer everytime i wash my hair every alternate day.
                            It has 3 temp settings, 2 speed settings, jet turbo boost, set cool shot to set the hair. Comes with a narrow nozzle and diffuser for drying curls and creating volume as well.
                            I was skeptical about the ion technology at first, and i didn't think it would make a big difference to my hair. But since i needed a new hair dryer anyway, i might as well just invest in a good one.
                            So i used it today for the first time. I loved the fact that i could control the temperature and switch to cool shot when i felt that my hair was getting too hot. The ionic technology really works, my hair feels softer and smoother and less frizzy, there was also less static. With regular hairdryers, my hair would usually be very 'pong' because of the static and high temperature, and it doesn't feel as soft and smooth as it did when i used the ionic hairdryer.

So if you are still considering whether or not to get an ionic one, i would say go for the philips one!
                            The revlon one is on sale at best denki, it is 1800w, but it doesnt come with diffuser and the quality feels lousy, as if it would break any moment. $39
                            Braun has no ionic hairdryers yet, not in Sg at least. They only have thermoprotect dryers which uses sensor to adjust the temp of the dryer. But i dont buy into this sensor thingy, what if we were drying our hair in an aircon room or in a hot room? Wouldn't the sensor be confused? haha...its my own reasoning anyway.
                            Panasonic ones have too low watts, at 1200 or 1500w i think. Its not powerful enough, doesnt dry hair fast enough. And the plastic design looks very cheapo and not durable.

So i ended up with Philips! They have another ionic one which retails for $119, it is 2100w, has 3 speed and temp settings, and uses a A/C motor, which is superior to other dryers and supposed to be better. It is slightly quieter than the one i bought as well. Comes with diffuser as well.
                            But i couldn't justify paying $20 more for just 100w increment, and i didn't felt that i needed the 1 extra speed setting, and noise level wise, it'll still be noisy anyway. But if i had more money, i would have bought it. haha..
                            Hope this helps anyone who is deciding on getting an ionic hairdryer!

('pong' refers to the hair looking like a lion's mane, fluffy with fly-aways)
                            Last edited by clpersonal; 18-10-2005, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Oh clpersonal, your post really helped!

I saw the Philips 2100W one and wanted to buy it, but really apprehensive about the ion technology too.

Hmm... I think I'll go get one for myself. Haha. Which electronic shop did you go to?

Comment

I went to Tangs, but you can get it at Best Denki, Harvey Norman and most electrical stores. HTH!

Comment

Working...
                                X