La Mer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumping this thread a little.. hahaha

Anyway, recently i bought a set to try and i feel that when i used the cleansing lotion my skin became more flaky as i do have combination skin. I stopped using the cleansing lotion and used solely the toner, CDLM and eye concentrate.

Apparently i think i really have super dry cheeks because if i don't use it twice a day i can see the flaky skin i have..

A question, am i suppose to intensely use it twice a week until my skin gets more hydrated or should i get the hydrating infusion?

TIA!

Comment

• What skincare do you cotters recommend I can get? I won myself tangs vouchers And I cant think of anything else I need so thought of giving this brand a try. Something anti aging / whitening will be suitable for me.

I've heard of creme de la mer. Worth the splurge?

Comment

• I like the eye cream. But expensive ha. Else their pancake foundation is good. You might want try their LF. Apart from this, perhaps their moisturiser. I like their sunscreen too.

Comment

• dovespaniel I heard that their eye cream is quite good. And of course their Moisturizing Cream. A pity they do not offer samples. Congrats on winning the Tangs vouchers :D

Comment

• thanks ladies.

I googled the eye cream (think it's called eye concentrate) and it costs USD165! Ha. I know it's an expensive skincare but I didnt know it costs that much for a mere 15ml eyecream. Maybe I should stick to my Clinque all about eyes which i swear by it.

Comment

• I tried the eye concentrate before and it doesnt seem to have any effect on me. Fine lines, wrinkles, eye bags and dark eye rings are still around. Anyway, im in my early 30s.
              I'll rather use that $ to buy 2-3 qty of other brands eye gel/cream to try.

Comment

• i read online before that La Mer product is filled with algae and is prone to breakout if you have sensitive skin...and their ingredients is nothing special but charged extraordinary price because of brand name. but again, i have heard of colleagues loving their products to the moon..esp those living in winter countries live and swear by their la mer creme. but here in singapore, do we need a creme so rich?

anyway some talks on La mer

http://ask.metafilter.com/32069/Is-t...tially-similar

what do you ladies think?a

Comment

• They are known for their moisturizers and of cos, if you are in Singapore, you can opt for a more refreshing texture like the cream-gel that gives a cooling sensation when you apply.

Their effective ingredient is actually the essence from the algae and other minerals and vitamins. And because they use very minimal preservatives, that's why they are contained in a ceramic jar to prolonged the lifespan of the product. Moreover the cream is hand-filled, that explains why the products are more ex as compared to other brands.

Comment

• does anyone know whether La Mer beauty counters give samples of their products? keen to try the eye serum/eye balm

Comment

• Originally posted by chic.lush View Post
                      does anyone know whether La Mer beauty counters give samples of their products? keen to try the eye serum/eye balm
                      nope they do not. At least not in SG. They claim that as their products contain not so many preservatives, giving the samples is not good lest people only use it years later. They only give out selective samples during their seminars which you have to pay a fee for anyway. Even when you buy their products, they also don't give you any samples!

Comment

• wow say. they so yah-yah arh. don give free samples. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautfied11 View Post
                          They are known for their moisturizers and of cos, if you are in Singapore, you can opt for a more refreshing texture like the cream-gel that gives a cooling sensation when you apply.

Their effective ingredient is actually the essence from the algae and other minerals and vitamins. And because they use very minimal preservatives, that's why they are contained in a ceramic jar to prolonged the lifespan of the product. Moreover the cream is hand-filled, that explains why the products are more ex as compared to other brands.
                          Hmm.. is the cream-gel as effective as the CDLM? i'm currently using CDLM but i only use it when my skin is badly dehydrated. So i don't use it often.

Comment

• Any one interested to go? I last minute got recall for work. It is on Sat 26 Feb 2pm. Selling off at $50 for a pax. Do email me at [email protected] if you're interested

Comment

Working...
                            X