Bumpy skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shon
    Califit, I don't think whitening mask will lighten ur whole face like ghost. Most of SAs told me the same thing that whitening products help to even out ur skin tone and not whitening further to ur actual skin colour. We should not be worry so much on that.
    Shon, I think we all know that those whitening products don't do that. She was referring to 14 days of intensive whitening, which I think MAY render her too ghostly-white.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bumpy skin

How much per bottle?
      Can't recall now. Bought it at SaSa's. $49, I think. I still have half of it. We can talk about a possible swap, if you're interested. PM me when you decide to do so.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bumpy skin

Originally posted by Glossie
        Can't recall now. Bought it at SaSa's. $49, I think. I still have half of it. We can talk about a possible swap, if you're interested. PM me when you decide to do so.
        Just to double check with u 1st. Does it contain Peppermint too? If yes, I can't use coz got allergic on that...

Comment

Originally posted by califit
          yunity,

could you please let us know your current skincare regime? and perhaps provide a description on your so not smooth skin? I think it isn't as bad as you have described.
          Wow, so many responses in such little time--I'm psyched! Anyways Califit, my current skincare regime is... well, nothing really good. You guys will laugh at me! I have a lot of so-so stuff that I try to use up and I don't really have a strict skincare regimen. Ummm... well, I mostly use Aveeno Brightening Scrub a few times a week (if I don't, my foundation looks HIDEOUS and flaky, I think I have a quick skin turnover rate because I used to use Differin for my hormonal acne...thank goodness that phase of my life has past, but I still get a breakout here and there and there are still those acne scars). I use it gently with a Buf Puf, because on it's own it doesn't do much besides clean my face. Sometimes I use the harsh stuff, St. Ives, because nothing gets me smoother. No masking right now--used to be into them, but am a little lazy. Maybe an aspirin mask once a month. I know, I'm so lazy!

The one thing I use the most is Skinbiology's Exfol Serum, which is a BHA serum. If I don't use this at least every other day, I am guaranteed to break out somewhere, particularly if I'm wearing makeup on those days. I use either Neutrogena Drytouch Sunblock, or this Korean milky one from Lacvert. Toner...sometimes if I'm oily I'll use Neutrogena Pore Refining toner, but usually I go without. Sometimes I'll use Pola 1/f Whitening wash and toner, but like I said, it depends on my mood. Some days I'll use Skinbiology's CP Serum or CP/Exfol combination serum. Not sure if they really work or not, but the reason I like them is because they don't break me out. I don't use moisturizer much, because most of them break me out, and my skin rarely feels dry. One that I can tolerate is the Body Shop's Tea Tree Mattifying moisture gel. I do use several different eye creams, one by Almay, another is Line Eraser by L'oreal, and some other stuff I forget the name. Umm, I clean makeup off with regular olive oil, then wash again with either the Pola stuff or Aveda Purifying cleansing gel or Clinique foaming wash or Roc, or DHC mild soap. I'm moody, I like variety...but maybe that's my problem!

My skin is...not terribly unsmooth, but it varies day to day. And on bad days, it just looks bumpy and slack, not enough firmness. Pores visible. New zits forming. Lots of ruddiness in my face that make my skintone look almost 2 shades darker than my neck. Even if I go without putting anything on my face for a few days, my skin still gets ruddy, so I'm not sure if it's an irritation issue. If I run my hand over my face, my hand is constantly touching something bumpy. I think some of these are those deep quasi-zits, the ones that are too deep to extract but aren't really inflamed either, they just exist and sit there, provoking and mocking me daily.

Anyways, that is my skin, I know it sounds yummy! :puke: Gonna go read all the posts now, I've only read a few so far! Hopefully I'll find a solution...

Katie

Comment

Katie, I understand ur problem now. As we had discussed before in this thread. Try to keep ur skincare regime as simple as u can. So that, U can monitor which product really give u zits and problem.

I think u should know which cleanser u have now is able to clean ur face well. Then, u just stick to the one gives u the best result. Continue to use it for at least 2 months with toner and moisturizer. I believe there will be some improvements soon.

Makeup remover (at night) -> Cleanser -> toner-> moisturizer
            -> pimple gel -> sunblock (daytime)
            Last edited by Shon; 14-11-2003, 11:23 AM.

Comment

yunity. hi!

actually, i am quite stunned by the number of things you have.

i think you might have to cut them down, so you can find out which is the best for you.

some things you might want to do:
              1. keep to a simple regime. just cleanse then moisturise (toner also can but its not completely necessary)

2. skip makeup for the time being, until you can see your flakes gones and problems lessened

3. bha also skip. you got to identify why you have breakouts.... and bha isnt a good solution for preventing them.

4. Exfoliation should be reduced... i gather that you are very keen in that department..... but excessive exfoliation might do more harm than good.

5. your flakes sound like dehydration. when choosing moisturiser, choose oil free. perhaps adding in a hydration mask once a week will quicken the hydration, but do it moderately.

that's all for now.

Comment

some things you might want to do:
                1. keep to a simple regime. just cleanse then moisturise (toner also can but its not completely necessary)

2. skip makeup for the time being, until you can see your flakes gones and problems lessened

3. bha also skip. you got to identify why you have breakouts.... and bha isnt a good solution for preventing them.

4. Exfoliation should be reduced... i gather that you are very keen in that department..... but excessive exfoliation might do more harm than good.

5. your flakes sound like dehydration. when choosing moisturiser, choose oil free. perhaps adding in a hydration mask once a week will quicken the hydration, but do it moderately.
                i am no expert but since i have sensitive skin (yo repeat too many times ****), i probably am careful with what i use

your problem seems to be the "many" products u are using
                no skipping from one to one, girlie cos that will give u probs
                stick to one if not useful change it

no toner, no scrub no exfoliation ( they kills ur natural oils) and u end up having skin burn, right califit?

makeup also no need
                want to use foundation, try tinted moisturiser (give u some colour and then some moisturiser)
                u seems dehydrated (hee, not body alright?) should use a mask
                but just once a week...

give urself 2 weeks if dont work, then we see again
                ahahahahha
                DO I SOUND LIKE A SKINCARE EXPERT????

Comment

great advice! totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                    i am no expert but since i have sensitive skin (yo repeat too many times ****), i probably am careful with what i use

your problem seems to be the "many" products u are using
                    no skipping from one to one, girlie cos that will give u probs
                    stick to one if not useful change it

no toner, no scrub no exfoliation ( they kills ur natural oils) and u end up having skin burn, right califit?

makeup also no need
                    want to use foundation, try tinted moisturiser (give u some colour and then some moisturiser)
                    u seems dehydrated (hee, not body alright?) should use a mask
                    but just once a week...

give urself 2 weeks if dont work, then we see again
                    ahahahahha
                    DO I SOUND LIKE A SKINCARE EXPERT????
                    But I think it will be a bit difficult for Katie of not using Makeup. Coz she may want to conceal the scars like what I do now and califit did last time.

What we can advise is that if Katie still wants to make up, choose oil-free and non-comedogenic one. Right?

Comment

But I think it will be a bit difficult for Katie of not using Makeup. Coz she may want to conceal the scars like what I do now and califit did last time.

What we can advise is that if Katie still wants to make up, choose oil-free and non-comedogenic one. Right?
                      correction. i only conceal 2 years ago. and that was not frequent.

i still would advise her to skip concealer now.

skin needs to breathe

Comment

hmmm i did mentioned that she can use tinted moisturiser
                        the idea is let her skin recover first before she use anything else
                        not to put makeup and let it go worse

Comment

Califit, I don't think whitening mask will lighten ur whole face like ghost. Most of SAs told me the same thing that whitening products help to even out ur skin tone and not whitening further to ur actual skin colour. We should not be worry so much on that. I just find that Whitening mask is another alternative for us to hydrating + whitening at the same time. I think it is worth for the money if the mask can give u good hydrating + whitening (for scars & pigmentation).
                          Shon, i was using figurative speech.....

my skin tone already evened out.... i just think that there is no need for excessive whitening....

yes, i know the ettusais one is good.

Comment

Shon, i was using figurative speech.....

my skin tone already evened out.... i just think that there is no need for excessive whitening....

yes, i know the ettusais one is good.
                            It's ok, califit. That's good that u don't need to relay on the mask now. Then, u can save ur money up for other stuff.

Comment

i still would advise her to skip concealer now.
                              skin needs to breathe
                              I'm with CaliFit on this. Anyways, I always advise people against using concealers bcos they're indeed drying. And when you're using it to hide blemishes, the reverse invariably happens; worst, you're making it more obvious.

Tinted Moisuturisers are a better bet than makeup, true.

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
                                hmmm i did mentioned that she can use tinted moisturiser
                                the idea is let her skin recover first before she use anything else
                                not to put makeup and let it go worse
                                Just for your info, cotters. The source is from MSN website. It is about the selection of foundations. It maybe useful for u, Katie.

Nat, Tinted Moisturizer is recommended for normal or dry skin. Don't think it is suitable for Katie if she got Acne-prone and oily skin.

Choosing a Foundation:

Oil-based liquids feel the greasiest, because they contain the most oil. Some of these turn orange because of an unfortunate interaction between the oils and pigment.

Good For: Dry or mature skin

Finish: Matte

Coverage: Medium to heavy. In many cases, a little can go a long way.

Best Products: Chanel Teint Natural Liquid Makeup, Lorac Satin Finish Makeup, Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation, Shu Uemura UV Liquid Foundation, Christian Dior Teint Dior Lift SPF 15, L'Or?al Visible Lift Line Minimizing Makeup

Water-based liquids give light coverage because the base is water, which is lighter than oil. Usually contain some silicone oil for glide.

Good For: All skin types, especially sensitive or combination skin

Finish: Sheer, satin

Coverage: Light; they look natural and blend beautifully

Best Products: Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation, Lancome Eau de Teint Pure Complexion Watercolor, Vincent Longo Water Canvas, Lorac Neutralizer, Origins As Good As It Gets, Stila Liquid Makeup

Oil-free liquids' pigment is suspended in water instead of oil, although most contain silicone oils for "glide." Some contain talc, which regulates excess oil on the face.

Good For: Oily skin; many actually soak up excess oil throughout the day and keep your face matte.

Finish: Matte or satin

Coverage: Medium

Best Products: Awake Oil-Free Foundation, Bobbi Brown Essentials Oil-Free Foundation, Chanel Teint Pur Mat, Clinique Stay True Makeup Oil-Free, Iman Second To None Oil-Free Makeup, Lorac Oil-Free Makeup, Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation, Prescriptives Exact Color Makeup Oil-Free, Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF 20.

Tinted moisturizers provide the sheerest coverage, because they are, quite simply, lotion mixed with a bit of pigment. Use if you want light coverage or if you have wrinkles - they plump up the skin. Often contains sun protection.

Good For: Normal or dry skin, especially good for mature skin because coverage is light; it doesn't seep into lines and wrinkles.

Finish: Sheer

Coverage: Light; especially good in warm weather, when you want the sheerest coverage

Best Products: Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer, Clarins Tinted Moisturizer, Aveda Moisture Plus Tint SPF 10, Shiseido Vital Perfection Performance Tinted Moisturizer SPF 10, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15, Max Factor Invisible Make-Up SPF 6, M*A*C Environmental Protection Tinted Moisturizer, Prescriptives Transparent Facecolor, Shu Uemura Anti-UV SPF 17 Makeup Mousse

Cream foundations or cream powders (dual foundation) usually come in a compact or a stick. Oil-based, they look creamy and greasy in the pan but actually go on matte and powdery. Cream foundation is best applied with a sponge; cream powder can be applied with a brush as a powder or with a wet sponge as a foundation. If you don't use too much, they can make your skin look flawless.

Good For: Normal or combination; not good for older skin

Finish: Matte

Coverage: Medium to heavy: creams can make you look heavily made up, so apply carefully.

Best Products: Elizabeth Arden Sponge-On Cream Makeup, Christian Dior Fond de Teint Compact Foundation (especially great for women of color), Dermablend Compact Cover Cr?me (for heavy coverage), Yves Saint Laurent Powder Cream Veil, Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation, Shu Uemura Nobara Foundation, Trish McEvoy Powder Foundation Duo.

Comment

Working...
                                X