Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibonne
    replied
    used a warm facial towel to clean off gentle cream exfoliant yesterday.
    no fuss at all & feels comfortable too.

Leave a comment:

• Jess
    replied
    yeah. U can get it easily from other departmental stores too.

Leave a comment:

• qian
    replied
    Originally posted by Jess
    Face Towels? Just normal small 100% cotton towel i bought from departmental stores. I never use the bathing towel on my face, i just seperate them.
    is it like smaller than normal towels for body? can get from giant?

Leave a comment:

• Summer27
    replied
    Originally posted by Jess
    Face Towels? Just normal small 100% cotton towel i bought from departmental stores. I never use the bathing towel on my face, i just seperate them.
    Same as me.. I always separate them too.. I feel this is more hygenic..

Leave a comment:

• Jess
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qian
    replied
    where did you get your face towels?

Leave a comment:

• Jess
    replied
    As for me, sponges may breed bacteria easily if proper cleaning and storing is not done. therefore , i use face towel ( any towel that is used only on face and not other parts of your body). Wet the towel and scrub gently.

Leave a comment:

• ibonne
    replied
    Originally posted by hula_girl
    i also heard that some people kind of boil them in the microwave oven in soapy water. i guess the hot water cleans them, and kills the germs and bacteria. i never tried it myself, but think that the hot water would ruin them?? :huh:
    to the extent of microwaving them? this is new to me. sound like the kind facial salon will do to their sponge.

yah when i use my sponge, i always try to 'tap tap' (gentle strength) only. as my skin is rather sensitive..

saw the FANCL facial sponge/puff you gals are talking about. but i was in a rush & SA was busy, so it was just quick glance.
    it look like the kind which we will use for body scrub, just the size is smaller.
    it was wrapped so i didn't get to feel it. but can see that the texture for exfoliating purpose..
    Last edited by ibonne; 18-12-2003, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hula_girl
    replied
    Originally posted by gem
    haha sounds like a good idea. but aren't you afraid of the sponge losing its shape?
    hi gem

you would think so, yah. but pretty good, my sponges (that i use to wash my face with) have been surviving the washing machine. shape is fine. i guess the lingerie bag protects it somewhat.

but i guess it really depends on what kind of sponge you have. maybe the fragile sponges would get ruined? maybe you can test it on a sponge that you were going to throw away to see how it handles in the wash?

my sponges are lasting. and best of all they are cleaner than i could ever clean them myself!

i also heard that some people kind of boil them in the microwave oven in soapy water. i guess the hot water cleans them, and kills the germs and bacteria. i never tried it myself, but think that the hot water would ruin them?? :huh:

Leave a comment:

• gem
    replied
    Originally posted by hula_girl
    i got this tip from a friend a long time ago and think it's a great idea. in order to clean those facial sponges (the one's to wash your face with), i throw them into a lingerie bag and wash it in the washing machine the sponges come out clean and fresh.

haha sounds like a good idea. but aren't you afraid of the sponge losing its shape?

Leave a comment:

• gem
    replied
    Originally posted by ibonne
    thanks for sharing!

but any hearsay that using sponge is no-no for acne-prone/sensitive skin?
    probably try not to use it too often as some sponges may be way too rough for daily usage, esp for sensitive/acne skin i think.

Leave a comment:

• hula_girl
    replied
    i got this tip from a friend a long time ago and think it's a great idea. in order to clean those facial sponges (the one's to wash your face with), i throw them into a lingerie bag and wash it in the washing machine the sponges come out clean and fresh.

i also use one sponge for mornings and another sponge at night. that way the sponges have time to thoroughly dry.

it's best not to scrub your face hard when using the sponge, but rub gently. i think that sponges are terrific at removing mask and cleanser residue and getting rid of that flaky/peeling skin (when you have breakouts and use too much products that dry out the skin).

Leave a comment:

• zjaninez
    replied
    The Fancl sponge is actually for exfloilating purpose. So when you use it, don't use any pressure at all. Use it 2,3 times a week.

Leave a comment:

• ibonne
    replied
    thanks for sharing!

but any hearsay that using sponge is no-no for acne-prone/sensitive skin?

Leave a comment:

• fornight
    replied
    I bought a trial set of FANCL Washing Powder yesterday and it comes with its sponge.

Use it last night and today. It is not exactly as soft as velvet but it is not coarse either. I find it clean pretty well. It comes with a small loop for you to hang it dry after you use it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X