Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealer for Oily Teenage Skin

can anyone please give me some ideas
    Last edited by atypical; 18-12-2003, 11:44 PM.

I'm using ettusias medicated acne concealer. Its oil free and it also helps to heal your pimples at the same time when you apply it so basically its duo function. I think the coverage is medium as when you apply it on those reddish pimples, it will help to tone down the reddness a bit. This is my HG concealer now.. HTH!

Comment

I won't recommend concealer for teenage skin, my dear. Your skin is still so tender so you should bank on skin care than makeup! Be paitent, sometimes, acne will get better as you grow older. That how i stir my 14yr old sis away from makeup.

Comment

ok .. so my skin can't use make up? Ok, i will bear with it. But my pimples are red quite unsightful ...

Comment

hey girl, I won't say your skin can't use makeup but just that you should be careful. Adding more layers on top of your skin could further clog it and worsen the problem. What's more, certain cosmetics could react badly to your skin resulting in more acne!

I would suggest that you take Elaine's advice and get to the root of the problem. Maintain a healthy but moderate skincare regime (this means you should take care NOT to over-cleanse!) and seek professional help if you can afford it or if you need it. A facial once a fortnight certainly helps. Do scoot over to CozySkin to check out the raves for DRX! I frequent the clinic quite regularly and my skin shows a marked improvement each time.

Do invest in good skincare products (try IPSA's cleansers, which are v good for oily skin; DRX Comedone Formula, for blackheads, whiteheads and decreasing excess sebum production; DRX Blemish Formular for pimples). If you still feel you need makeup to cover up, take care to choose a range that does not cause breakouts! Use very light products, since your skin is young and healthy. Ettusais is a good range to try, as is RMK or IPSA.

good luck experimenting!

Comment

um... I am 17 and also troubled by occasion break outs on my t-zone. I am a little odd. I find that putting a thing foundation on top of it helped. The foundation I used is not medicated but just plain Shu Uemura Fluid N. I think the foundation helps controlling oil a bit. I don't know why, I am just odd.

Comment

hey, i already got a cleanser toner and day and night treatment from nuskin clear action. But occasionally i still got some pimples. And my scars are reddish too. I think i really need to conceal my scars.

Ok, i tell you my skincare regime, and you guys think is it alot for me or not.

Morning--> clear action foaming cleanser

clear action toner

celltrex ultra from nuskin }
              } Either celltrex or essence
              white essence from nuskin} first

nuskin clear action day treatment (quite oily)

night--> clear action cleanser

clear action toner

celltrex from nuskin

white essence for nuskin

clear action night treatment

masks --> nuskin marine mud +tegreen+ moisture mist mask (twice a week)

clay pack(every day) to control my oil production

Spa : i just bought nusin galvanic spa yesterday and have yet to try it.

Comment

hmmm...I saw your list and comparing to what i used and spend, that's alot alot of products!!

I can't judge if your routine is good or bad, because i've not seen your skin condition nor have i tried NU skin products. But i believe that young skins do not need such complicated steps...

Unless what you've used has been effective and improved your skin condition, i would say keeping it simpler would be better.

Maybe adding so much products has made your skin irritated and thus giving you more acne? Reddish acne scar is common and it's not your fault but it will fade eventually, you just need to wait. Maybe you skin is taking time to get used to those products? If you're really concerned about your skin condition, a Skin doctor will be able to give you a more professional and satisfactory answer.

You're 14? or 15? My sis of that age uses just facial wash. And the occasional oil free moisturizer if she's feeling dry at night with the a/c. And some pimple cream for acne, that's all. Oh, she also kept her hair away from her face and forehead.

If you really want to experiment with makeup, keep it light, oil free and look for ingredients that do not clog pores. But then, when i was your age, every form of makeup i put on my face gave me breakouts.

Comment

hi 5566,

i think that the problem could also lie with the fact that your skin may not be very compatible to this line of products. if you feel that your skin is continually not improving even after you have used these products for say a few months, it is time to rotate out of this line. eg. switch your cleanser first, then see how it goes for a few weeks. if nothing happens, it could be the result of some treatment eg. moisturiser, mask, essence , that is not suitable for your skin .

edited to add that if you wish to conceal your scars, as Summer mentioned, Ettusais does make a medicated concealer. alternatively, try to get lighter textured concealers, like MAC's Select Cover Up, Loreal Air Wear, KP, Stila ... don't use heavy creamy ones because even if they can offer fuller or total coverage, they may cause your skin to clog and worsen if not removed properly.

Comment

i think u can use makeup base first made for oily skin then dab on concealer then it wont make ur face too oily ?

Comment

Originally posted by islande
                      hi 5566,

i think that the problem could also lie with the fact that your skin may not be very compatible to this line of products. if you feel that your skin is continually not improving even after you have used these products for say a few months, it is time to rotate out of this line. eg. switch your cleanser first, then see how it goes for a few weeks. if nothing happens, it could be the result of some treatment eg. moisturiser, mask, essence , that is not suitable for your skin .

Islande is right. Real experience here. I use a very strong cleansing gel for oily skin some time ago. It left my skin tight after washing my face. However, my acne was still there. Later I switched to a more moisturizing cleansing milk, on the contrary, my skin improved much much more. Over cleaning your face will only worsen your skin. A little bit oil is good for your skin. Try and switch your skin care regime.

Comment

Originally posted by laa_cat
                        Islande is right. Real experience here. I use a very strong cleansing gel for oily skin some time ago. It left my skin tight after washing my face. However, my acne was still there. Later I switched to a more moisturizing cleansing milk, on the contrary, my skin improved much much more. Over cleaning your face will only worsen your skin. A little bit oil is good for your skin. Try and switch your skin care regime.
                        same here for me overcleansing can be the downfall of your skin you don't have to use a cleansing milk; a gentle no-frills cleanser can work just as well on acne prone skin.

Comment

hi, i am 14 this year

Comment

hi girls. My skin is not dry after using the clear action, so i don't think the clear action got any problems. i just recently use the celltrex and white essence. My skin is oily type, and my skin condition wasn't very good. Because it is due to heredity(spelling?). My mother skin also got pimples and scars resulted from her teens. So due to that, my mother wanted me to protect my face so as not to result in her that kind of face. But i just got some scars that are really quite red and has been on my face for a month! And i really really need a concealer to conceal the redness when my school reopens.

I know many of you has introduce me many new concealers. But can you guys also tell me where can i buy these concealers?

Thank you in advanced

Comment

Originally posted by 5566
                              hi girls. My skin is not dry after using the clear action, so i don't think the clear action got any problems. i just recently use the celltrex and white essence. My skin is oily type, and my skin condition wasn't very good. Because it is due to heredity(spelling?). My mother skin also got pimples and scars resulted from her teens. So due to that, my mother wanted me to protect my face so as not to result in her that kind of face. But i just got some scars that are really quite red and has been on my face for a month! And i really really need a concealer to conceal the redness when my school reopens.

I know many of you has introduce me many new concealers. But can you guys also tell me where can i buy these concealers?

Thank you in advanced
                              Did you start on celltrex and the whitening essence both at the same time? Actually, it might be good if you can start on one new product at a time, so that you can pinpoint which one is the culprit when problem arises.

Actually, it could be that the other items that you are using, like the moisturiser, the serums or the other treatments might be unsuitable for you. I agree with protection of the skin, but at the tender age of 14, a simple regime might do more wonders than a treatment regime. Acne is sort of part and parcel of growing up, and you will grow out of acne in no time. If you dont grow out of acne, then that will be the time for serious treatments. but for now, you just have to keep the skin clean, not overburden it and apply pimple gel to the pimple.

Concealing the reddnes might seem important to your self esteem, but most concealers do clog pores to a certain extent, no matter what they say they dont. If you are acne prone, then it would be more advisable not to embark on a search for concealer.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                              X