Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alyssasara
    replied
    i had my hair coloured couples months back.. and black brows was totally off with my new hair color. Was thinking of going to browhaus for eyebrow tinting but the price pretty steep! Did some research online , watched youtube clips and decided to bleach my own brows.

My conclusion : Its super easy, natural looking and economical if you diy bleach your brows. Now i bleach my brows every 3 weeks, i do it for my mum too.

What i use:
    - Jolene cream bleach from Guardian (under $10?) , that one small tub will last you very long! Alternatively you can use the Sally Hansen bleach as well.

- mix a small scoop of jolene cream with the powder activator. Once the mixture turns into light paste texture.. its ready for use.
    - apply mixture onto your clean brows... spread evenly. Wait 1-2 mins, scrap off the mixture to check the color.
    - re-apply mixture again on brows if it's still not your desired color. Check every 1-2mins.
    - Wipe off with tissue and wash your face. Done!

TIP- Do not hold mirror too close to you, gives you the wrong impression that your brows are still too dark. Look at mirror from far to get a better gauge of the color.

Leave a comment:

• ereperez
    replied
    Thank you for sharing this information. I doubt hair dye is safe or good enough to dye your brows too.. Bleach was more common among Makeup artists.

Leave a comment:

• hyo
    replied
    imay i know if eyebrow tinting permanent?

Leave a comment:

• NiteyLychee
    replied
    U've got a very kind stylist. While i was shopping at tm, i came across a beauty salon that offer eyebrows tinting at only $20 plus. I thought it was quite cheap, not sure whether that's the market rate.

Leave a comment:

• GG
    replied
    Once I told my hair stylist about this problem and guess what... she said she'll colour my brows too at no cost and claimed that she has done this pretty often on customers request.

I was quite skeptical at the beginning and asked all sort of (funny) questions. But anyway I gave it a shot.

The process was so fast. She got me to lay next to the basin when rinsing my hair and then got a cotton wool, dipped it into the color, asked me to close my eyes and dabbed the solution onto my brows. My eyes remained close for aout 5-10 mins. After that she carefully wiped of the solution from my brows and rinsed it thoroughly.

Later when I walked to the mirror I saw a brand new me... new hair cut, new hair color and a pair of brows that matched my hair for the 1st time. I was totally in love with the new look.... No regrets!

the growth of our brows isn't like out hair. the brows actually drop off before the new one start growing out. So during this period, there's a mixture of dark brows hair and colored hair... which isn't too bad. It was like over a period of time. the brows just gradually turn darker. Eventually my brows turn all black again.

For me, I didn't get any bad reaction to coloring my brows, so if you ask me if I'd do it agian....... YES for sure!
    Last edited by GG; 01-05-2004, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clpersonal
    replied
    You are so cute.....Bleaching doesn't hurt! LOL
    It just bleaches the hair, doesnt pull the hair out or anything, so the hair still remains on the skin, it just becomes a lighter shade.
    But some people who have sensitive skin will experience some tingling from the bleaching cream. But it should subside once you wash it off.

Leave a comment:

• tabbie
    replied
    Would bleaching hurt? :roll:

Leave a comment:

• laa_cat
    replied
    I don't recommend bleaching too. I just read a book on brows and it said that bleaching them will make the hair brittle. That may result to a 'brow loss'. Moreover, if you have sensitive skin, the bleach will most probably irritate your skin. If you really think you need to bleach your brows, go to a pro but not by yourself. As bleach is a strong chemical agent, and your brows are so near to your eyes, a small drop of bleach in your eyes may cause blindess. It will be messy as well if you are really not familiar with it.

Leave a comment:

• visee
    replied
    Second atypical's suggestion of the brow mascara. I get a light bronzy brown shade to lighten and define my brows. As it covers the brow hair itself, it looks more natural than using brow powder or pencil.

So far I've tried IPSA, Ettusais and Shiseido Pied Nus. Pied Nus is the best cos the mascara brush is narrow and slim, so you can define brows well. The Ettusais formula is good, but the brush is rather short and fat, and it can get a bit messy with too much mascara on the brush. The IPSA one is shaped like a small comb, but the gel formula is really light and transparant, so the colour doesn't show up on me.

Hths!

Leave a comment:

• atypical
    replied
    If you cannot find a brow mascara, any regular eyelash mascara will work too. Just make sure to wipe the the whole wand with tissue 1st to remove excess product before brushing it through your brows.

If you want to go swimming with them, get a waterproof formula.

Leave a comment:

• Qi Qi
    replied
    Originally posted by atypical
    Qiqi, if you prefer not to dye your brows to match your new hair, you can consider getting a brow mascara like the one from MAC. I had one from IPSA but I do prefer the MAC one. Check them out at the counters.

You could also use a light brown brow pencil. I rec MAC's brow crayon in Lingering but I am sure other cosmetic counters carry similar colors.

I don't think using concealer will be good...
    thanks vixette!
    Oh thanks for the recommendation! but my eyebrow's "hair" are quite black. Donno if the light brown pencil will show up the colour. But thanks! i will check it out at the counter!! Too bad Jb doesnt have a MAC counter, will have to try other brands.

Leave a comment:

• atypical
    replied
    Qiqi, if you prefer not to dye your brows to match your new hair, you can consider getting a brow mascara like the one from MAC. I had one from IPSA but I do prefer the MAC one. Check them out at the counters.

You could also use a light brown brow pencil. I rec MAC's brow crayon in Lingering but I am sure other cosmetic counters carry similar colors.

I don't think using concealer will be good...

Leave a comment:

• vixette
    replied
    threads merged.

Qi Qi, have a read through this thread and see if there's any info of use to you. HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Qi Qi
    replied
    Solution for eyebrow colour

Hi cotters~
    I??m thinking of getting my hair dyed to a light brown-blonde colour. But the problem is..i have dark colour eyebrows. So if I dyed light colour + dark brows, will look weird right?
    Any solutions to this? Is it safe to get brow dyes from the salon? Or by using concealer is sufficient enough to cover the original colour of my brows?
    Thanks~

Leave a comment:

• Peace
    replied
    Originally posted by Cel
    LOL!! sorry I actually mean eyebrow dye. haha!
    I do not think that there are dying solutions just for the brows. I think it should be the same solution that is used to dye the hair.Isn't it? :huh:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X