Retacnyl cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retacnyl cream

Hihi. Just wanna ask you gals if anyone has any idea what Retacnyl cream is used for? I got this Retacnyl cream from my GP as he said this is vitamin C, good for my freckles but it seems to cause my face to peel!

Its called Retacnyl tretinoln cream by GALDERMA.

It contains:
    Active: tretinoin 0.05%
    Inactive: Polyethylene gylcol stearate, glycerol stearate and PEG-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, squalane, butylhydroxyanisole, butylhydroxytoluene, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, stearic acid, carbomer 941, glycerol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, disodium edetate, trolamine, isopropyl myristate, sorbic acid and purified water.

30 g tube containing 15 mg of tretinoin.

Anyone used it before? :wave:

Comment

used it before
      got it from my doc at NSC - its for clearing ur pores. thats what my doc said.

Comment

From the ingredients, it looks more like Retin A under another brand name. Tretinoin is actually Vit A.

Didn't see any Vit C content in it. Vit C *** read something like ascorbic acid etc.

This cream is great for drying up pimples and acne
        Use only at night and remember remember remember to wear a sun block in the day.

If sensitivity occurs, cut down application to alternate night.

Comment

Hmm... Snowyz posted this more than a year ago I think the reason for skin peeling is because the concentration is too high. Dr. Ong increases the concentration in baby steps. I had to use 0.001, 0.025 before 0.05 about 4 months after I first started!

This cream is also called Stevia-A, Retin-A and tretinoin. I think it's Vitamin A, not C though.

Comment

hmm. i didnt get any skin peeling though. was told to use only at night

my doc gave me 0.05% straight away without increasing gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie
              Hmm... Snowyz posted this more than a year ago
              Oops! Paiseh... paiseh...

Comment

Depends on individual. Some people are more tolerant than others. I should have jumped straight to 0.05 too! I've got thick skin I don't feel any stinging sensation when using acid or anything.

Comment

I tried this, Retin-A and Stieve-A. Got the best results from Retin-A. The rest just left me with red skin; retin-A was the only one to soften my clogged pores.

Comment

Hi hi,

i am using 2 strength.

Stieva-A 0.01% alternate with Retacnyl 0.025%. So far so good. Helps to control my acne well. Skin becomes clear after 3 weeks (In my case).

Some may outbreak initially.

Hths

Comment

can we get retacnyl without doc's prescription?
                      i cant seem to find it
                      if i have to go back to nsc, it means having to pay the consultation fees too.

Comment

I've got this from Maple Clinic. Dr Ong told me to use this for my T zone only as my T zone is oily sometimes! Mine is also 0.025%

Comment

Originally posted by krispourri
                          can we get retacnyl without doc's prescription?
                          i cant seem to find it
                          if i have to go back to nsc, it means having to pay the consultation fees too.
                          I used to get them across the causeway, available from most pharmacies. It should cost about S$20+++ and you don't need a prescription!!

Comment

alba - that's great! id be going down this weekend to see if i can get them! thanx gal!

Comment

Dr Ong sells it for $18 I think. BTW, I have a sample tub of it from Maple if you want. I didn't use it at all. Bought it for $5 I think.

BTW, do those of you who don't go to Dr Ong use it on your bare face with nothing else, at night only?

Comment

Working...
                              X