No announcement yet.

Stila Eyeshadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i totally agree on the mischa barton look, so natural and sweet! very pretty!

Comment

You can get the Mischa Barton glow with the Stila CCs

Comment

Originally posted by islande
        woo this thread is baaad! i now want the Jade eyeshadow and Pewter!!
        Pewter is really a nice shade if u are into the smoky look. It goes very well with Cloud as the base.

Jade is nice too. U may also want to check out La Douce (more olive tone) and Kahlo (good as a greenish base). These 3 work together as a lethal green combi. Oh very nice!! Together with Mac rosemary & thyme eye kohl, the results is almost fatal. LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by nywoe
          You can get the Mischa Barton glow with the Stila CCs
          do u mean the convertible color or cheek color?

Comment

michelle, I think nywoe means the convertible colour. They're do give the glowy look, but I think they're a little too greasy for Singapore's humid weather. Great for colder weather though. Try the rouge pots instead, they're less greasy than the CCs.

I'm the odd one out here, don't really like kitten all that much. I think it's too frosty. I love Orchid, Jade, Shore as well as the Winter Blues and Apres Ski (create gorgeous soft smokey eyes) trios.

Comment

Jade is pretty nice and it looks lovely in the pan though it does not render it's true green color on my lids..... So disappointing cos I really like the shade

I am wearing it with Oasis.

Comment

Try using it wet as a liner!

Comment

hey gurls,
                  i just received some new shades in swaps and i'm clueless as to how to use them!!
                  Poise-- deep purple, no plum undertones at all. when i tried it over my eye lightly, i looked like i got punched
                  Haze-- it looks like a blush color! in fact, it looks like the color of those big inflamed pimples! just a bit more brown
                  any help to help me use these would be very much appreciated!

Comment

I Stila e/s! They're very lasting and highly pigmented. My current fave is kitten I don't really like jade cos I look punched in it I'm lemming for poise!

Comment

Hi Michelle,

For poise, you can apply heather as a base first, followed by poise at a liner. IMO poise is a darker shade of viola. U can also wear poise with grace.

Haze is matt plum brown, can be used as contour. It goes great with eden. Or wear with grace as base and apply haze on the crease.

Hope this helps.

Comment

hey caramel, "can be used as contour"-- ?? how do you 'contour' your eye?? sorry, i'm quite new at all these, so far i've only done the basics of eyeshadowing
                        also, where should i apply liner? is there a specific position?
                        i'm gonna try haze and grace when i go down to a stila counter soon! thanks
                        Last edited by Glossie; 07-04-2005, 05:38 PM. Reason: delete quote above

Comment

"creating contour" meaning u can apply haze to create a deep-set eye effect. (slightly above your eyelids area)

U can apply liner with a eyeliner brush eg. Shu 4F or 5F on your double eyelids. Remember to blend and blend to create a more natural look.

U can pop by Stila counter when u have the time, I'm sure they will be glad to show u how. Princess Lea's at Metro paragon, you can contact her. =)

Comment

Hi,
                            Anyone know or notice whether did Stila change the formula for Kitten? I remember when I tried it at the Stila counter, it was really very shimmery and bright (almost metallic when used wet). But when I received one from a swap, it seems to be a darker pink and not so intensely shimmery. :huh: Then again, the one I got was housed in a black cardboard and that's from the older collection right?

Comment

i think stila does sell refills at about $23. i love kalo and jade! haven tried other colors yet. any nice lilac/yellow to recommend?

Comment

how do u girls shop for colors there? apply on hand or get sa to apply on eyelids for u?

Comment

Working...
                                X