Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idyllic
    replied
    stilangel: I agree with you! MAC does offer more variety, but I like Stila's texture and pigmentation. And yea, Stila seems to offer more shimmery shades, which is not so good for me cos I'm pretty new to e/s and don't dare to use overly-glittery types. I had to pick and choose really carefully to settle on those three shades I eventually bought, haha.

Oh, so that's the story about Wand, now I know. Thanks, stilangel and haru!

Leave a comment:

• oasis20
    replied
    I have only 1 e/s from stila.. Poppy.. its a really nice greenish blue. The violets and purples are v pretty too.

Leave a comment:

• haru
    replied
    That's right, Wand is actually the middle shade from the Italian Ices blue palette.

Leave a comment:

• stilangel
    replied
    I like the texture of Stila's shadows better cos they're softer and seem more pigmented than MAC's but the thing is Stila only seems to do shimmery e/s... And MAC does offer more variety...BTW, the reason you're Wand e/s doesn't appear on the site may be because it's an Asia exclusive. Cos Stila recently released some e/s that are available only in Asia from past collections like the Angel e/s quad and the Legally Blonde palettes...HTHs

Leave a comment:

• idyllic
    replied
    I know many people are crazy over MAC e/s, but I actually like Stila's better! Though I only have three - Heather, Viola, Wand (not sure why it's not on the website, think it's a new colour, pastel blue).

Leave a comment:

• mspixieears
    replied
    My first Stila e/s were Azur and Mambo. Azur is a fab liner, wet or dry, though wet is probably better to get the full metallic effect of the colour.

Mambo is really nice on tanned skin, so I tend to wear it as a wash on sunny days.

Got Charm not long after which I found difficult to use but have had ideas on how to get it to show up more. Also have Fuchsia which is so beautiful, finally a pink e/s that doesn't make me look ill!

I prefer the shimmery ones to the mattes, as mattes don't show up on me. For example, Plum. Couldn't get it to show on my skin. Shame.

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    toss it over? hehe...

Leave a comment:

• bree
    replied
    I'm pretty tan and stila's e/s just doesn't work for me. I have the FF auburn palette and jade e/s but don't quite like it. Way to shimmery and frosty/metallic. What a waste.

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    how do u girls shop for colors there? apply on hand or get sa to apply on eyelids for u?

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    i think stila does sell refills at about $23. i love kalo and jade! haven tried other colors yet. any nice lilac/yellow to recommend?

Leave a comment:

• vtan
    replied
    Hi,
    Anyone know or notice whether did Stila change the formula for Kitten? I remember when I tried it at the Stila counter, it was really very shimmery and bright (almost metallic when used wet). But when I received one from a swap, it seems to be a darker pink and not so intensely shimmery. :huh: Then again, the one I got was housed in a black cardboard and that's from the older collection right?

Leave a comment:

• CaramelGirl
    replied
    "creating contour" meaning u can apply haze to create a deep-set eye effect. (slightly above your eyelids area)

U can apply liner with a eyeliner brush eg. Shu 4F or 5F on your double eyelids. Remember to blend and blend to create a more natural look.

U can pop by Stila counter when u have the time, I'm sure they will be glad to show u how. Princess Lea's at Metro paragon, you can contact her. =)

Leave a comment:

• michelle
    replied
    hey caramel, "can be used as contour"-- ?? how do you 'contour' your eye?? sorry, i'm quite new at all these, so far i've only done the basics of eyeshadowing
    also, where should i apply liner? is there a specific position?
    i'm gonna try haze and grace when i go down to a stila counter soon! thanks
    Last edited by Glossie; 07-04-2005, 05:38 PM. Reason: delete quote above

Leave a comment:

• CaramelGirl
    replied
    Hi Michelle,

For poise, you can apply heather as a base first, followed by poise at a liner. IMO poise is a darker shade of viola. U can also wear poise with grace.

Haze is matt plum brown, can be used as contour. It goes great with eden. Or wear with grace as base and apply haze on the crease.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• tabbie
    replied
    I Stila e/s! They're very lasting and highly pigmented. My current fave is kitten I don't really like jade cos I look punched in it I'm lemming for poise!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X