X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imprefectxx
    replied
    Originally posted by poochi View Post
    I found a shop which carried this brand at Holland Village a couple of months ago, but the person who tended to the shop told me they have closed and moved to Citilink. I couldn't find them at Citilink! To cut the long story short...

Does anyone know where else I can find Desert Essence products?

I use Desert Essence's Jojoba Oil (100% pure) every day. I use it as a moisturizer, hair conditioner and makeup remover! Its price is fantastic at SGD20+ for 120ml worth of product. Now that I'm running low, I need to stock up!

Has anyone else tried out items from this line, especially their Shea Butter products?
    Hey! I found this site and maybe you can consider getting it from here. I just chanced upon it xD http://www.vitacost.com/productresul...000091+2008034 or https://www.desertessence.com/bath-body
    Last edited by Imprefectxx; 16-06-2014, 06:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Imprefectxx
    replied
    Originally posted by aime View Post
    Dessert Essence Jojoba Oil is also available from Nature's Farm at Parkway Parade - got a bottle recently for $18 (60ml). Like the fact that it absorbs quite easily into my skin - am using it as a body moisturiser in place of my Dr Hauschka Rose Oil and it works great. Have tried it on my face and find that it doesn't trigger any breakouts, but I'll use up my existing moisturisers before switching to this.

Anyone tried the Oil Cleansing Method with castor oil and jojoba?
    I haven't tried it but I am trying to get castor oil to go with olive oil since I have that at home you can check out DIY: Oil Cleansing Method for Clear, Happy Skin! - YouTube so yeah :D

Leave a comment:

• chocosweet.55
    replied
    Originally posted by barbiegirl View Post
    Now Im keen to try Jojoba oil too! Can you premix the oils and store it in another bottle for usage?
    hi yes, I always premix it and store in a bottle. I only make it last for 2 weeks just for freshness....hths

Leave a comment:

• barbiegirl
    replied
    Originally posted by chocosweet.55 View Post
    sorry for bringing up dead thread
    just wanna share my experience
    i started 3 weeks ago with the dessert essence pure 100% jojoba oil
    first 2,5 weeks i mixed it with tea tree oil, 6:1. 6 drops of jojoba+1 drop of tea tree. drop the mixture in my palm and rub with my other palm then press onto face.
    first week i used 1 drop. second week i used 1 and a bit more drop, then 2 drops.
    in my third week, i change the formula to 5:1. use 2 drops
    so far, so good

dunno if it purged, although i did have some little bumps as within the first 2 week i also include mask with st.ives mineral clay mask
    now i think the purging is from the st.ives
    coz i stop the mask and no more pimple come out

great moisturizer...my skin type has back to normal skin
    firsly my skin was oily, then after starting BP, become flaky and dry.
    before trying jojoba, i was in aloe vera for 3 weeks, and it was ok for first weeks, but then, my skin was tight even i applied alot.

after that, i dare myself to try the jojoba
    hope it will be good as now.
    Now Im keen to try Jojoba oil too! Can you premix the oils and store it in another bottle for usage?

Leave a comment:

• chocosweet
    replied
    sorry for bringing up dead thread
    just wanna share my experience
    i started 3 weeks ago with the dessert essence pure 100% jojoba oil
    first 2,5 weeks i mixed it with tea tree oil, 6:1. 6 drops of jojoba+1 drop of tea tree. drop the mixture in my palm and rub with my other palm then press onto face.
    first week i used 1 drop. second week i used 1 and a bit more drop, then 2 drops.
    in my third week, i change the formula to 5:1. use 2 drops
    so far, so good

dunno if it purged, although i did have some little bumps as within the first 2 week i also include mask with st.ives mineral clay mask
    now i think the purging is from the st.ives
    coz i stop the mask and no more pimple come out

great moisturizer...my skin type has back to normal skin
    firsly my skin was oily, then after starting BP, become flaky and dry.
    before trying jojoba, i was in aloe vera for 3 weeks, and it was ok for first weeks, but then, my skin was tight even i applied alot.

after that, i dare myself to try the jojoba
    hope it will be good as now.

Leave a comment:

• kny4eva
    replied
    prettyeagle: ok thanks..will get and give it a try..

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    kny4eva Im using this : http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...48&catid=10329 for hair, skin and scalp

It is useful to moisturise hair and dry parts of the skin like knees and elbows. Not tried on face yet though. Had a very very bad breakout using RHO and I've since sworn off using oil on face.

Leave a comment:

• kny4eva
    replied
    prettyeagle: u're using just the jojoba oil or the one for hair,skin & scalp?i saw 2 different one at drugstore?i'm also prone to breakout especially to moisturisers so i'm looking for other alternatives for my dry skin..
    Last edited by kny4eva; 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    thispolkadot Im using Desert Essence Jojoba Oil from drugstore spree and so far so good. I dont apply it directly on my face as Im very prone to breakouts. If you want to try using it on the face, spread a tiny amount on your palms and press lightly on the face.

Remember to start off using a very very very small amount.

On hair, I apply on damp (not wet) hair after washing. Dont apply too much if not it becomes oily and streaky.

Leave a comment:

• homemadehoney
    replied
    Rose Hip Oil Like SJP and Kim Cattrall

if you want a good moisturizer w antioxidant properties, you can try ROSA MOSQUETA ROSE HIP OIL (aubrey organics).

you know sex in the city stars sarah jessica parker and kim cattralll are actually big fans of it? i'm so happy to know that they use it for their skin and hair! haha

i just read it here from aubrey organic's official website:
    http://www.aubreyorganics.co.uk/prod...-nutrient.html

so if you're interested for your skin / hair like the hollywood stars, you can try:
    http://ecolivinghome.kezooki.com/adv..._search=Search

Leave a comment:

• thispolkadot
    replied
    thinking of trying out jojoba oil. if i dont like to apply it directly onto my face, i can mix it with my moisturiser right? how about for the hair? can i mix it with my leave-on hair treatment cream too?

Leave a comment:

• BatonGal
    replied
    Muji sells jojoba oil in the form of cleansing oil. I can't seem to find the oil itself at the stores. Anyone know if this cleansing oil can be used as moisturizer?

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    Desert Essence Jojoba Oil is good as a skin moisturiser. It absorbs really quickly and leaves your skin soft.

Leave a comment:

• aime
    replied
    Dessert Essence Jojoba Oil is also available from Nature's Farm at Parkway Parade - got a bottle recently for $18 (60ml). Like the fact that it absorbs quite easily into my skin - am using it as a body moisturiser in place of my Dr Hauschka Rose Oil and it works great. Have tried it on my face and find that it doesn't trigger any breakouts, but I'll use up my existing moisturisers before switching to this.

Anyone tried the Oil Cleansing Method with castor oil and jojoba?

Leave a comment:

• alba
    replied
    Originally posted by mistaya View Post
    Hi, do anyone know where i can get castor oil in singapore? can't seemed to find it in local pharmacy ... sort of want to give the 'castor oil' pack a try for my ovarian cyst problem.

TIA
    I got mine at Organic Paradise. The shop is in Cuppage Plaza.
    Take care

Leave a comment:

Working...
X