Brush Care!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dreamiez View Post
    I think i'm going to stop using the MAC Brush Cleanser.

the alcohol content doesn't seem to be helping my brushes. (sort of dries them out in the long run)

washing my brand new mac 116 and the mac 129 which i have washed a couple of times with the cleanser. can totally feel the difference!!

what alternative should i switch to? J&J?
    dreamiez, try the Shu Uemura Brush Cleaner. I used to buy the Mac Brush Cleaner. However, my brushes feel weird after using it. They became a bit stiff. I switched back to the Shu Uemura Brush Cleaner and they feels soft like new blushes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tai Tai View Post
      dreamiez, try the Shu Uemura Brush Cleaner. I used to buy the Mac Brush Cleaner. However, my brushes feel weird after using it. They became a bit stiff. I switched back to the Shu Uemura Brush Cleaner and they feels soft like new blushes again.
      is the shu uemura brush cleanser high in alcohol content as well?

I mean like, what makes it different from the mac's one.

Comment

• Yes, it contains alcohol too. Besides alcohol, it also contains macademia nut oil and vitamin E iirc. Can't remember the ingredient list for MAC one though. HTHs.

Comment

• Here's a link on how to clean your makeup brushes. [URL="http://www.momominerals.com.sg/index.php?main_page=ker_tiptrick"]
          Check out many other great makeup tips and tricks there too. ;p

Comment

• Originally posted by Tai Tai View Post
            Yes, it contains alcohol too. Besides alcohol, it also contains macademia nut oil and vitamin E iirc. Can't remember the ingredient list for MAC one though. HTHs.

oh okie. i'll go check it out! hope my mac 129 is not dried out beyond able to return to new brush feel

Comment

• I remember counter salesgirls mentioning... Since those brushes & puffs go onto our face, using a mild soap or just our usual face cleanser to clean them will be good enough

Comment

• Anyone tried Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner before?
                It is highly recommended by Xiao Wei at NRWZD in the episode solely about cleaning makeup tools. It is said that majority of the counter brands will hide this under their tables and use this to clean their makeup brushes and this requires no rinsing with water and the brush can be used immediately.

http://professionalsecrets.stores.ya...h-cleaner.html
                Lovesdarlene
                Cozy Celeb
                Last edited by Lovesdarlene; 18-07-2008, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Where do you store your brushes?

Comment

• Hardly used brushes, like 187 (for going out nowadays, using MMU) , I store them in their plastic wrapper, in my drawer. Usually wash them after use.

For frequently used brushes like my flat top and kabuki in my chopstick holder container. lol. Easier for me to reach for them. Usually wash them once a week.

Comment

• I store my brushes in my drawer. Used to leave them standing in a glass bottle on my dresser, but realized they start to gather dust almost immediately

Comment

• I cleanse my brush using Neutrogena facial wash, its good IMO. Have use it to cleanse my 187 and other brushes. so far so good, nothing bad happen. I usually stored them in my brush holder. HTHs.

Comment

• i store them in a tall water tumbler with cover.
                          kabuki brushes go in a seperate shorter watson's dental floss pick container also with cover.

Comment

• for everyday cleaning just to get rid of the color build-up I use the MAC bursh cleaner. But i decant it in a small spray bottle. I spray the solution on a kitchen towel and then gently swipe my brush i a painting motion. Keep doing this untill there's no more color transfer on the tissue. For darker colors i spray the cleaner right on the bristles then wipe pff on the tissue.
                            Once a week on the weekends, I do a thorough cleaning of all my brushes. I use my DD's baby shampoo. I wet my palms, squirt a lil baby shampoo on it and work the bristles into a lather. U'll see all the gunk come out. Can repeat this step is still icky. The just rinse thorughly under running water, untill water runs clear. Gently squeeze the water out of the bristles and reshape accordingly.Lay flat to dry. On top of kitchen towel normally. HTH!

Comment

• For my normal brush cleaning routine, I'll pour some brush cleaner on a sponge, then brush my brushes across it til it lathers, then use water to wash them out and dry.

For those super dirty ones, I'll do the above steps,and squirt some baby shampoo on my hands and work the bristles into a lather like listrikmu , usually get the gunk out.

Comment

• Can I wash my foundation brush daily with baby shampoo/daiso cleanser?
                                By washing daily, will I 'over-wash' the brush?

All along, I been using mac brush cleanser to spot-cleanse, and then deep cleanse every three days, but I got this feeling my mac cleanser could be drying up my brush cos it feels rather scratchy now :p

Comment

Working...
                                X