No announcement yet.

Powder/2-way Foundations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps you can consider MAC 2 way, though it doesnt have blemish control ingredient. But its definitely a "face smoothing" powder.. Its very naturally and light feeling after applying.. good coverage as well.. wont be cakey as well..

As for ettusais, have tried before... It really control blemishes at first.. But after sometime, doesn't have much effect anymore.. And its turn cakey end of the day.. They powder is not as fine or smooth as MAC ones... As usual, blemishes starts appearing...

For paul & joe, never try before... Shall try one of these days.. =P

Comment

• thanks cal, which mac range are u referring to?and as for the ettusais one, you tried the lastest pore range one?

Comment

• MAC Studio Fix...

if you like more coverage, you may go for Studio Tech... but that is more for stage use..

As for the ettusais, just brought the new one.. wanted to try.. to see if there is any difference btw the old and new ones..
        End up went back to buy MAC... and dump my ettusais aside.. hehehe...

Comment

• is it only me?i saw duckiee reply in email but can't see it in forum. i read that kanebo revue gives light coverage, might not be enough for me
          anymore recommendations girls?

Comment

• I would recommend Clarins Express Compact Foundation (Wet & Dry). I don't want to appear too biased, so I'll just give my friends and my reviews. Basically, I raved about this compact powder to my classmates and they were so influenced, they bought it as well. They themselves are raving over it now, except for one of them who complained she look too pale after application. But that's becos she don't apply any blusher nor any lipsticks. dohz.

Here's my review:
            Very quick application(sponge picks up powder very well). Very long wearing, powder never melts(becos it;s still winter here).
            Very flawless especially when I dampen my sponge when my skin is looking slightly dull and dry. Matte yet Luminous finish as well- it means my skin looks naturally radiant without being too matte and cakey. It can be used as a loose powder for liquid foundation by using a powder brush. You'll find it surprisingly that a TBS powder brush can pick up the powder really easily. That's what I use.

Very Comfortable application too.

It also claims it has Anti-Pollution protection.

If you like classy red packaging, this is it. Slim packaging thou it is a tad too big.

Currently, I am using #03. Of all powders I've used before, this is one of the best.

cheers.

SORRY! I JUST REALISED IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE! AHHH....
            Last edited by Jeaniebabie; 23-02-2006, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cal
              MAC Studio Fix...

if you like more coverage, you may go for Studio Tech... but that is more for stage use..

As for the ettusais, just brought the new one.. wanted to try.. to see if there is any difference btw the old and new ones..
              End up went back to buy MAC... and dump my ettusais aside.. hehehe...
              Could you compare these two foundations Studio Fix and Ettusais? I'm at a loss at to which to get

Comment

• Originally posted by llucidity
                Could you compare these two foundations Studio Fix and Ettusais? I'm at a loss at to which to get
                For studio fix, it doesn't comes with any "anti blemish or oil control effect".
                As for Ettusais, its a medicated acne control makeup. Thus its help to control oil and blemishes...

If you want to have a flawless skin after applying 2 way cake, Studio fix would be a better choice. (The powder is very fine & smooth compare to Ettusais)

The key point is to remove your makeup thoroughly, to prevent any blemishes....
                (regardless with brand or powder you use)

Comment

• hmm so studi fix can't control oil? my skin is really oily and foundation seems to slide off after a few hrs, i need help~

Comment

• Any idea which foundation can fit into Ettusais LE powder casing? Btw i can't remember the price range for ETTUSAIS powder refill...any idea gals?

Comment

• Originally posted by koala
                      hmm so studi fix can't control oil? my skin is really oily and foundation seems to slide off after a few hrs, i need help~
                      Get an anti-shine serum for application before foundation. Make-up sliding off after a few hours is quite fast.

Comment

• i used to use ZA two-way foundation...then Missha two way foundation (missha only used once or twice)...now i am using Dior perfect fit foundation (the SA told me it is not a 2 way, just one way for natural look)

Dior SA told me that the purpose of 2 way foundation is supposed to have 2 ways as name claim...if you just wan a more matte, thicker better coverage...use a damp cotton pad to go over your face after applying the foundation..i did not tried this personally in the past as I only know about this "2nd way" when i bought Dior.

Comment

• hmm i tried skinfood marine makeup gel but it doesnt help

Comment

• i bought paul n joe dual foudation yesterday, the sa gave me a sampler of their primer, application is very smooth, so far quite happy with it

Comment

• Hi Cup,

Should be 40 bucks.... =P

Comment

• Does paul and joe 2 way foundation controls oil well?

Comment

Working...
                                X