No announcement yet.

Powder/2-way Foundations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbi Brown came out with this new 2way cake. As we know, they've only got pressed powder, loose powder, liquid foundation, stick foundation but not a 2way cake. Chance upon it a couple of weeks ago when it was first released. I used to use Mac's Studio Fix powder. But i reckon, i'd prefer te Bobbi Brown one better. Don't remember how much were the powder and case. Added up to about 80+ dollars. The case is white in color.

I've tried Chanel's double perfection compact, i don't know why, but i had a hard time setting the foundation. It seems to mattifying and dry, it just won't 'stick' onto my face despite having my face layered with moisturizer and all. Anybody had that problem?

Comment

• wow. i'm kinda lost after reading so many posts. haha

havent heard that many raves about MAC, is its coverage ok?
      am thinking about chanel, shiseido now

Comment

• Was using Shiseido & ZA previously. I will give it 6.5/10~

Now am using MAC SFF & everything, it's really good! Chanel just wouldn't settle nicely on my face too.. Am happy with my MAC for now

Comment

• *** may be a little OOT but how do u guys *** ur skin type? if ur face oxidised very quickly does it means tt ur face is oily?

Comment

• Originally posted by inabliss View Post
            *** may be a little OOT but how do u guys *** ur skin type? if ur face oxidised very quickly does it means tt ur face is oily?

some what true, but i dont think its CONFIRM. because oxidisation sometimes depends on what brand of foundation you too

your skin type is
            DRY: if your face feels tight and have dry skin
            OILY: basically yeah, oily + greasy
            NORMAL: may produce oil (quite duh) but is the more balanced type, and maybe by the end of the day feels oily kind?
            COMBINATION: oily at t zone but dry at cheek areas.

i think only you yourself will know the best what time of skin type you are.

Comment

• i like chanel double perfection and kp best...
              the powder is pretty fine..
              so it gives the "no make" natural look...
              i dont like those that gives me a cakey look..

i tried mac..
              but gives me a break out...

Comment

• is it possible for the skin to react differently to two products from the same range?

coz i have L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder and liked the feel of the powder a lot, and it didn't break me out. the only con was that it didn't give enough coverage coz its a PP. so i decided to get the two-way cake from the same range too, and i was surprised when two pimples popped out after i started to use the two way cake. they are from the same range, so how come the twoway cake broke me out whilst the PP didn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by hui View Post
                  is it possible for the skin to react differently to two products from the same range?

coz i have L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder and liked the feel of the powder a lot, and it didn't break me out. the only con was that it didn't give enough coverage coz its a PP. so i decided to get the two-way cake from the same range too, and i was surprised when two pimples popped out after i started to use the two way cake. they are from the same range, so how come the twoway cake broke me out whilst the PP didn't?
                  because 2 way is much more heavy, more coverage, thus it get 'stuck' in your pores more easily. when not removed properly, pimples appears.

Comment

• anyone tried the Chanel's whitening powder foundation?
                    is it good?

Comment

• hui
                      alternatively, the pimples may not have been caused by the 2 way cake?
                      u can try using the 2 way cake again and see if u break out again...
                      but shingirl is right, 2 way cake is definitely more heavy than pp..

Comment

• shingirl, whitefrost: thks!! alright then, maybe i should remove twoway cake with cleansing oil instead of the normal cleansing milk i use...

Comment

• Originally posted by winko View Post
                          anyone tried the Chanel's whitening powder foundation?
                          is it good?
                          is that the one with the white casing ..

i tried that and found that its that bad.. it gives u a very natural look ...

Comment

• i *** changed to the lancome two way cake and found that it cakes up when i start perspiring,,,
                            its it due to the oil ?? must i use make up base??

Comment

• hi, i'm new here... imo, **** it really depends on your skin type to see if the powder foundation works well for u. **** the latest chanel powder foundation (blanc essentiel) is pretty good. it's rather smooth and natural. probably works well on my normal skin as i'm not into the cakey feel on the skin. i dun really like the shu uemura hydrating compact powder. so called hydrating, but it really emphasizes on my fine lines after a few hours. and it stink my eyes if i powder too near to them. **** bobbi brown is a good brand to try. always love the feel of their powder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bellring
                                Does anybody or your friends using Whitist Quick 2-way Pact Ex, from Kose, which is available at Guardian? Does the 2-way foundation suitable for oily and acne-prone skin and how is the coverage? Is it sheer or medium?
                                are you talking abt the 2way cake, or the gel-to-powder cake?

i'm using the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X