• Show
Clear All
    cherrykisses
    Cozy Star

• cherrykisses
    replied
    Originally posted by deppstar View Post
    Hello,

any reviews on the latest clinique powder foundation? perfectly real I believe.

anyone tried the whitening powder foundation from clinique before too?
    I am currently using the Clinique whitening powder foundation. It's called the Derma White Bright C powder. I find it pretty good. I have oily-combi skin and the powder hasn't aggravated my oily tzone nor accentuated any lines/dryness. It goes on smooth and doesn't cake as well. Of course, the trick is that you can't pile on too much powder. I took a shade colour than my original skin tone to accommodate oxidation. Coverage is also pretty decent, doesn't clog my pores as well. I really like this.

Leave a comment:

• 12mustardseeds
    Cozy Celeb

• 12mustardseeds
    replied
    Anybody tried Dior latest Nude power in the pan?

Leave a comment:

• kny4eva
    Cozy Star

• kny4eva
    replied
    2 way foundation can be used dry & wet right? i have never used my za 2 way wet before,shld i just find normal powder foundation?i really like ZA because its cheap but i don't really find it good in oil control n coverage is medium for me..what other powder foundation is good n at affordable price?

Leave a comment:

• ksychan
    Cozy SuperStar

• ksychan
    replied
    Think the problem with using 2-way foundation is that we tend to layer on too much so it gets cakey by mid-day. Using a proper base and just a thin layer of 2-way foundation will work much better. I'm a firm believer of less is more when using base makeup. In our humid weather, we really should let our skin breathe as much as possible and apply foundation thinly so as to help it last the entire day.

Leave a comment:

• julieta
    Cozy Rookie

• julieta
    replied
    yea good idea..at the end of the day, the makeup comes off so..it's always better to look good even without makeup *winkwink.

Originally posted by kny4eva View Post
    i agree with u...ok i shall stop searching for foundation/2 way n concentrate on my skin problems first..haha

Leave a comment:

• kny4eva
    Cozy Star

• kny4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by julieta View Post
    I dont think Clinique is a miracle cmpact, though. I dont think ANY product is. If your dry skin is quite severe, you'll still need to use a good moisturizer and base before the foundation.
    i agree with u...ok i shall stop searching for foundation/2 way n concentrate on my skin problems first..haha

Leave a comment:

• snowhitemcdull
    Cozy Rookie

• snowhitemcdull
    replied
    hi has anyone tried revlon's beyond natural 2-way foundation?

Leave a comment:

• julieta
    Cozy Rookie

• julieta
    replied
    Yes I used to be obsessed with keeping my face MATTE, even if that meant piling on layers of powder and using acne-fighting products despite the fact that I didnt have an acne condition.

Im alright with a bit of sheen now, though. I actually think it makes the skin look more healthy and most importantly - natural. I agree with you that shine is much more tolerable than rough patches of dry skin.

I dont think Clinique is a miracle cmpact, though. I dont think ANY product is. If your dry skin is quite severe, you'll still need to use a good moisturizer and base before the foundation. I use Natio Glow as a makeup base when I use this Clinique compact..they work well together for me. Very weightless and comfortable.

julieta: thanks! I have oily skin too, but dry patches around my chin and jawline. My HG is ettusais powder founddation, though it doesn't control oil well, but the coverage is natural and soft and does cover up pores. I don't mind blotting face now and then; I've come to realize that I will rather have an oily face than dry patches on my face!

At least for oily face, after blotting, you look fresh and dewy, but putting makeup when you have dry patches in the first place is just so not possible and smooth

Leave a comment:

• deppstar
    Cozy SuperStar

• deppstar
    replied
    the clinique powder refill retails for $53 (or somewhere around that price range) and the casing is purchased separately @ $20+.

Leave a comment:

• julieta
    Cozy Rookie

• julieta
    replied
    Oh my I cant quite recall..if Im not wrong, someone did mention the price a couple of pages back..go check.

Youve gotta purchase the foundation and the case separately, though..

Originally posted by kny4eva View Post
    julieta: u got me tempted to change..so far clinique product works great for me..how much is it retailing in spore?n i agree abt powder that emphasize the dryness of my skin especially around my nose

Leave a comment:

• kny4eva
    Cozy Star

• kny4eva
    replied
    julieta: u got me tempted to change..so far clinique product works great for me..how much is it retailing in spore?n i agree abt powder that emphasize the dryness of my skin especially around my nose

Leave a comment:

• deppstar
    Cozy SuperStar

• deppstar
    replied
    julieta: thanks! I have oily skin too, but dry patches around my chin and jawline. My HG is ettusais powder founddation, though it doesn't control oil well, but the coverage is natural and soft and does cover up pores. I don't mind blotting face now and then; I've come to realize that I will rather have an oily face than dry patches on my face!

At least for oily face, after blotting, you look fresh and dewy, but putting makeup when you have dry patches in the first place is just so not possible and smooth

Leave a comment:

• julieta
    Cozy Rookie

• julieta
    replied
    Used to have very oily skin, but now it is very much combination - oily on the tzone, but my cheeks can get quite dry and flakey at times. I guess that's why this compact, for me, is like hitting the foundation jackpot - controls oil very well on my tzone, but never emphasizes the dry patches on my cheeks and around my mouth.

Ive got a friend who has very oily and acne-prone skin, and she loves this compact as well..

julieta: hello! thanks for the review! I think whitening foundations can get thick and cakey. I tried ZA whitening pact and lancome before previously and both were thick and cakey.

perfect real sounds like a good buy. do you have an oily, combination or dry skin? My cousin who has dry skin recently purchased it and said it's not bad too.

Leave a comment:

• deppstar
    Cozy SuperStar

• deppstar
    replied
    julieta: hello! thanks for the review! I think whitening foundations can get thick and cakey. I tried ZA whitening pact and lancome before previously and both were thick and cakey.

perfect real sounds like a good buy. do you have an oily, combination or dry skin? My cousin who has dry skin recently purchased it and said it's not bad too.

Leave a comment:

• julieta
    Cozy Rookie

• julieta
    replied
    Think I did 2 reviews on this in the 'favorite powder foundation' thread..quite recent reviews.

In short, I absolutely love the Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact. It stays on all day in this humid climate, and it stays on when Im out all night. It has never clogged my pores or made me break out..and that's a big thing for someone like me who has sensitive-combi skin, prone to clogged pores. Coverage is medium, in my opinion. When used with a kabuki/powder brush over a makeup base, it offers light coverage. Was easy to find a skin tone match as this range is formulated for Asian skin.

Tried the whitening one in the past..didnt quite hit the spot for me. Very drying and I found that it got quite cakey when I started to sweat and oil up in the day. No breakouts from this, though.

Hope this helps (:

Hello,

any reviews on the latest clinique powder foundation? perfectly real I believe.

anyone tried the whitening powder foundation from clinique before too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X