No announcement yet.

Powder/2-way Foundations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10 and Dior Diorskin Forever Compact, which one is better? Any suggestions?

Comment

• Got a sample of Lunasol's skinfusing powder foundation in OC03 and was using it the past 2 days. The SA Angie was spot on abt the shade. Suits me perfectly tho the powder looks very very tan.

Very satisfied with it. Coverage is much better than RMK powder foundation EX and Lancome Maquicake UV Infinite. No powdery finish which I sometimes get from Lancome or cakey finish that I get from RMK when I use the sponge. Texture is smoother than RMK. Tho its coverage is stronger, it still feels as light as Lancome's and glides on easily. Best of all, it doesn't oxidise on me, provides some minimizing effect on my huge pores (lacking in RMK and Lancome), and appears to last better than RMK/Lancome on me. My T zone also looks less shiny than when I'm using the other 2 powder foundation.
      Last edited by pebble01; 12-01-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• I bought ZA 2way cake (normal one) in color 32.
        Quite like it! Very smooth application so far no breakout for me.
        Color is a good match, as I am not exactly that yellow, 22 seems too yellow for me, i took 32 and it matched!

Comment

• Recently tried Muji's Presto pressed powder in Natural. I love how it comes in a screw top case and the powder puff is big and super soft. Powder is finely milled and goes on fllawlessly. Oil control is also excellent. Also available in another more shimmery shade.

Comment

• ksychan is Muji the brand in BHG bugis?

the only 2-way i have tried so far is ZA, and I have to say i don't like it. Mainly because when applied with the sponge provided it cakes on me for some reason no matter how little powder i pick up, although when applied with a brush it appears slightly more natural. I also find that the shade i'm using #21 makes me look even more yellow than i already am, even though it is the best match for my skin, it's just too yellow. Oil control for this is poor IMO, my t-zone gets shiny within 2 hours of application.

Comment

• sugarette-star, not sure if Muji is in Bugis but it's at Paragon and Ion. This powder is definitely not cakey but is translucent so offers no coverage. I love it!

Comment

• Yup Muji can be found inside BHG Bugis level 2. =)

Comment

• Omg I had no idea Muji carried cosmetics as well..now youve got me interested to try this, although Im still so happy with Shiseido Luminizing Color Powder for setting my sunscreen :/

Is it completely colorless? Or is it just very sheer? Any problems with clogged pores/breakouts thus far? .....how shimmery is the shimmery version?

Originally posted by ksychan View Post
                  sugarette-star, not sure if Muji is in Bugis but it's at Paragon and Ion. This powder is definitely not cakey but is translucent so offers no coverage. I love it!

Comment

• Hello,

any reviews on the latest clinique powder foundation? perfectly real I believe.

anyone tried the whitening powder foundation from clinique before too?

Comment

• Think I did 2 reviews on this in the 'favorite powder foundation' thread..quite recent reviews.

In short, I absolutely love the Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact. It stays on all day in this humid climate, and it stays on when Im out all night. It has never clogged my pores or made me break out..and that's a big thing for someone like me who has sensitive-combi skin, prone to clogged pores. Coverage is medium, in my opinion. When used with a kabuki/powder brush over a makeup base, it offers light coverage. Was easy to find a skin tone match as this range is formulated for Asian skin.

Tried the whitening one in the past..didnt quite hit the spot for me. Very drying and I found that it got quite cakey when I started to sweat and oil up in the day. No breakouts from this, though.

Hope this helps (:

Originally posted by deppstar View Post
                      Hello,

any reviews on the latest clinique powder foundation? perfectly real I believe.

anyone tried the whitening powder foundation from clinique before too?

Comment

• julieta: hello! thanks for the review! I think whitening foundations can get thick and cakey. I tried ZA whitening pact and lancome before previously and both were thick and cakey.

perfect real sounds like a good buy. do you have an oily, combination or dry skin? My cousin who has dry skin recently purchased it and said it's not bad too.

Comment

• Used to have very oily skin, but now it is very much combination - oily on the tzone, but my cheeks can get quite dry and flakey at times. I guess that's why this compact, for me, is like hitting the foundation jackpot - controls oil very well on my tzone, but never emphasizes the dry patches on my cheeks and around my mouth.

Ive got a friend who has very oily and acne-prone skin, and she loves this compact as well..

Originally posted by deppstar View Post
                          julieta: hello! thanks for the review! I think whitening foundations can get thick and cakey. I tried ZA whitening pact and lancome before previously and both were thick and cakey.

perfect real sounds like a good buy. do you have an oily, combination or dry skin? My cousin who has dry skin recently purchased it and said it's not bad too.

Comment

• julieta: thanks! I have oily skin too, but dry patches around my chin and jawline. My HG is ettusais powder founddation, though it doesn't control oil well, but the coverage is natural and soft and does cover up pores. I don't mind blotting face now and then; I've come to realize that I will rather have an oily face than dry patches on my face!

At least for oily face, after blotting, you look fresh and dewy, but putting makeup when you have dry patches in the first place is just so not possible and smooth

Comment

• julieta: u got me tempted to change..so far clinique product works great for me..how much is it retailing in spore?n i agree abt powder that emphasize the dryness of my skin especially around my nose

Comment

• Oh my I cant quite recall..if Im not wrong, someone did mention the price a couple of pages back..go check.

Youve gotta purchase the foundation and the case separately, though..

Originally posted by kny4eva View Post
                                julieta: u got me tempted to change..so far clinique product works great for me..how much is it retailing in spore?n i agree abt powder that emphasize the dryness of my skin especially around my nose

Comment

Working...
                                X