No announcement yet.

Conditioner Washing - No Shampoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a small travel sized bottle of Giovanni 50:50 conditioner from Sasa just to try out. It seems a little thicker than the organic one I'm using (Green People Aloe Vera Conditioner).

I might try cutting out products with protein as well and see if it helps, at the end of the day my hair seems a little dry. I only noticed it the last few days, it could be either the protein in the conditioner or the products.

I checked out my fave cheapo place this evening after work & scored 2 different types of conditioner... One is a brand I never heard of (Herbal Essentials) and other is this http://www.handbag.com/hair/Hair-new...conditioner/v1

The Herbal Essentials was $3.50 for a 350ml bottle & Schwarzkopf conditioner was $3.90 for 300ml. Both of them are silicone free. Gonna try them out & hopefully one of them works out.

Comment

En-q : do feedback if they're good :D where did you see the schwarzkopf one? mind sharing please ? (:

oh i think the 50:50 one doesn't have protein ? correct me if im wrong though !

Comment

Found them at Mustafa I figured if I want cheap conditioner, that would be a good place to look. The conditioners I found were not in the main building but in the newer one across the road.

I tried the Schwarzkopf one this morning, I like it so far... gave good slip so it was easy to use. I washed with it, rinsed well, put a small amount into the ends to condition for a couple of minutes then rinsed out til my hair felt clean. It felt lighter on my hair compared to the other conditioners I've used, even after final rinse my hair felt clean and light.

I had a good hair day today.

The Giovanni 50:50 has protein I think... one of the ingredients is Glycerin Soya Seed Extract... I think that's protein? Anyway maybe I didn't use enough conditioner when washing previously so that's why my hair seemed dry at the end of the day.

I'm going to use the Schwarzkopf again tomorrow & the same styling products, hope I can reproduce the same results!

Comment

Interesting thread....how do u read the label to know if the conditioner contains protein or silicon?

Comment

en-q : i think most of their products have protein haha! the one from Schwarzkopf sounds interesting :D i should go look for it ..

Soxx : ingredients such as hydrolized silk/ soy / milk / keratin are protein
            silcones are ingredients that end in 'cone' , 'xane' etc. Example, "Amodimethicone", "Dimethicone", Cyclopenthasiloxane"
            (:

Comment

Check out this page for the ingredients.

http://livecurlylivefree.com/product%20ingredients.htm

Comment

Originally posted by chococandy View Post
                en-q : i think most of their products have protein haha! the one from Schwarzkopf sounds interesting :D i should go look for it ..
                I was looking at my styling products from DevaCurl and yup, got protein as well. Lol!

I think I just need to use more conditioner to make sure my hair is well moisturized... maybe cos I bought a small bottle of the Giovanni & previous couple of days using the Green People conditioner, didn't really use enough. Moral of the story is just use something super cheap and load up when using conditioner to wash!

Comment

en-q : yup thats why need cheap and affordable conditioner because need to use alot to be able to get the scalp clean and moisturise the hair !
                  I have one of the giovanni's small bottle too.. one usage used up more than half ! :X

Comment

My hair is just touching shoulders so not very long, I can't imagine how much conditioner ladies with long hair need to wash... I read someone on naturallycurly.com went through 1 bottle of conditioner every 2 washes... yikes!

Comment

Hi, I have also done tried this routine but it only works on and off for me. It seems like the proteins are working against me. Mainly because I have thick, course and high porous hair. Sigh.

Usually I have no problems managing my hair on rainy days but on sunny, dry and hot days my hair gets really frizzy. I have tried oil, leave in conditioner but it does not work.

Currently I am trying to finish off my giovnni conditioners (50:50) asap. But I will be keeping the TTT giovnni conditioners and try some shampoo bars from chargin valley. will be doing some home made spritz with aloe gel (from NUH moutain rose herb) Keeping my fingers crossed.

I have tried Giovnni leave in conditioner and its quite useless

I have not try to by any conditioners from the drug store as I am trying to finish off my current stocks and get something to work before I buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by en-q View Post
                        Found them at Mustafa I figured if I want cheap conditioner, that would be a good place to look. The conditioners I found were not in the main building but in the newer one across the road.
                        Thanks! I am looking for a cheaper conditioner that is cones free and easily found in singapore.

Originally posted by en-q View Post
                        The Giovanni 50:50 has protein I think... one of the ingredients is Glycerin Soya Seed Extract... I think that's protein? Anyway maybe I didn't use enough conditioner when washing previously so that's why my hair seemed dry at the end of the day.

I'm going to use the Schwarzkopf again tomorrow & the same styling products, hope I can reproduce the same results!
                        You might need to check your hair type. For my type of hair, Thick, course high porous is not suitable to use conditioners with proteins. it made mine hair dry towards the end of the day for me. It has been like this for quite sometime.

Comment

My hair is thin and fine / medium texture. I think my hair needs more moisture, ever since I started co washing and wearing my hair curly, I've never managed to get my hair to look the same from day to day.

I never tried leave in conditioner until a couple of days back and I got ringlets two days in a row so that's an improvement for me, I actually like the Giovanni leave in because of that. Anyway, this weekend I'll try a deep conditioning treatment for more moisture, I bought a tub from the Body Shop's new organic & silicone/sulfate free line.

My hair gets dry at the end of the day as well, if I'm in the office I'll usually apply a dab of curl cream for added moisture after lunch. At night around 9 or 10, I'll usually apply some coconut oil on the ends... gives it a chance to absorb a little before bed time.

I'm still happy with the results of co washing, it seems like a bad hair day with curly hair still doesn't look as bad as a bad hair day with straight hair.

Comment

Working...
                          X