Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried

'Love Me'

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.
    Drydown to a grandmother kind of perfume

Extremely smelly the jasmine smell is too heavy... its not those sweet jasmine smell like 'beyond paradise'.. this is reminds me of indian smell (no offense)

'White Rabbit'
    Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Very white floral kind of smell.......with a slight tinge of sweetness

Drydown to a very horrible plastic smell!!!!!!!!!

'O'
    The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla

Smell nice from the bottle... when applied.. it smells like almond.........which is totally off for me.
    It reminds me of a stale room.........
    *sad* I dont smell any honey like Jean did

Snake Oil is like an amplified version of O... sometimes I can smell the sweetness but when I smell again it becomes a stale room once again! *disappointed*

SIN smells like medicated oil to me

The Unicorn - A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs I'm loving this one...... will be getting a big bottle of this!!!!!!!!
    psyence
    Cozy Celeb
    Last edited by psyence; 17-10-2005, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hey psyence! When are you ordering? I'm dying to order from BPAL again!! I want Rose Red and Snow White and some imps!

Comment

Jean...

Kekeke so when when will be our next order????

Comment

Soon definitely! What are you eyeing?

Comment

From those that you've reviewed, I've tried Love Me, which I think was very incensy like a lot of BPAL oils. White Rabbit was very disappointing coz it just smells bad and totally unlike the description.

I didn't like O and Snake Oil the first time I tried them, but later I found them to be quite good. There are many on the BPAL forum who say that Snake Oil is bettered aged, but I'm not sure...

I like The Unicorn too!

Some of the other scents I like:

Rosalind: Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers.

Persephone: Beautiful, radiant daighter of Demeter... her lovliness was so exquisite that even Hell itself could not resist her. Pomegranate and rose.

Two, Five & Seven: A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose? ?and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.

Jezebel: Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood. Maybe you can try this if O doesn't smell like honey to you. This is definitely orange honey to me...

Skuld: Being. Ylang ylang, honey, Egyptian and Arabian musks and labdanum. This is suprising. I thought I wouldn't like it based on the notes, but its good!

Dana O'shee: Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name. I REALLY REALLY like the drydown, but I can't stand the almond note in the beginning.

The Dormouse: A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony. My friend's favourite! I don't really like it. Smells very watery at first, then I can smell the sweet peony.

I thought I like the aquatic scents and they do smell wonderful, at first. All turned very nasty on me... I KNOW I cannot do BPAL's aquatic scents.

I see the some of the other scents psyence order (Spellbound, Sin, Black Lotus, Black Phoenix, Blood, Bastet, Anubis) contain amber, musk, patchouli, myrrh. I'm not sure what each individuial scent is like but I try to avoid them, unless its not the prominent note. (There are some exceptions :p) White musk is ok, but I think red and black musk are too heavy...

Mind doing a review of Spellbound and Anubis? I'm interested in these 2 scents.

Comment

Jean & YY, I would love to ride on your order if you allow me to. I would like to try some fragrances out.

Comment

Me too! PM if there's going to be a purchase Jean. Thanks

Comment

Huishan,

Sure no problem!!!!!

Tacky,
                  Will try and let u know!!!

Jean,
                  Might be getting a big bottle of Unicorn and some imps.. not sure what to get though..

Girls..
                  any fruity scent to recommend?

TIA

Comment

If you like fruity scents, maybe you can consider :
                    Bewitched
                    Bon Vivant
                    Fae
                    Forbidden Fruit
                    Tamora
                    Titania

I believe March Hare and Glasgow are sort of fruity too...
                    Oh, and the Yule LE, Midwinter's Eve!

Hee, didn't know you girls order together here... Is it considered a spree? Do you girls ever buy bottles of the Moon LEs?

I have a sale/swap thread here with some BPAL imps if anyone would like to take a look. (Is it ok to post this here? Pls tell me if its not allowed!)

Comment

Sure! I'm eyeing 5 mls of Snow White, Red Rose (not too sure about this one) and Sugar Skull.

And I've been meaning to try Dana O Shee, The Raven, Titiana, Perversion, La Petite Mort and Alice!

Anyone tried these?

Comment

Tacky,

I think spellbound is kinda wet and dry down to a rose floral smell........certain time I thought I smell a faint chocolate smell..... but the rose note is definately prominent. Spellbound is not bad too kekekeee

Its weird that I tried all my oils twice and it smells differently. Hahaha maybe Ive been sniffing too many at one go and my nose kinda reject all the smell. How do u apply your oils?

Comment

lol I dab them on my wrists and collar bones!

Anyway girls, do you wanna order by say 1st week of nov? Then hopefully our items will come before christmas! All in favour?

Also how do you girls order usually through the website or through paypal? I usually go through the website but if emailing the order in is better I'm all for it!

Comment

Great, Jean! I will send my orders to you once its ready. Will this be an official spree or a private one?

Comment

Heheh I will keep you updated... I used paypal previously and I had direct shipping

Comment

Okay then we'll go that route I guess! How much was direct shipping?

Comment

Working...
                                X