Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did u start learning to apply makeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started with a Lancome mascara when I was 17, then eyelash curler (from SASA) and eyeshadows.....

I learned makeup process and tips from a Taiwan magazine--"Beauty", I can read traditional character Each issue of "beauty" teach you how to catch up the latest trend of makeup, very practical with pictures. I just follow

Comment

really?? does *** magazine really help?? i know NUTS about makeup. LOL. really need a step-by-step one too.

removed quote
      Last edited by Glossie; 20-10-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cUppucino
        Learn from friends!!!! That's the best i think..but sadly my friends all dont wear much make up / never wear at all....ahhaha...

How i wish i got friends who are make up artiste or working in cosmetic counters.ahahha.....
        me too.. all my frens got really flawless and perfect skin.. not like mine.. so most of them dun wear either or just wear very light one like concealer. but i **** i really need those THICK ones to cover up my flaws. LOL. yup!! wishing for frens tt are makeup artiste too! but glad tt in CC there are already some cotters tt are really good at makeup like stellat etc... hope to get help from them in future!!

Comment

a friend introduced me to concealor when i was 14... i got hooked... and started experimenting and figuring out how things worked myself.

but for skincare, it was my mom who started me on it at the young age of i dont know what. lols cos when i was young i always followed along and sat there patiently when she had her regular facials

Comment

I learnt from MA, magazines and online articles. And not forgetting, lotsa awful experiments

Comment

tabbie what's MA?
              Last edited by Glossie; 20-10-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

makeup artiste?

Comment

Makeup Advice

hi,girls.i'm quite new 2 makeup,so do u mind if i ask 4 some questions??
                  ok,here goes:
                  1.do i have 2 apply foundation b4 i apply blush?
                  2.is it the same 4 eyeshadows too?
                  3.can illuminator use as foundation?if so,which brands r good?
                  if u can help me,thanx very much!

Comment

answers:

1) yes!!! do apply foundation before any cosmetics products!!! it acts as a base. BUT, do cleanse well, tone, moisturise before you put on your foundation. never skip a step!

2) yes, its the same for e/s.

3) illuminator CAN be used as powder.. meaning, after you apply your foundation whether liquid or compact or 2-way but same too.. foundation 1st. as for brands, you can explore to find out as many cotters have different likings & me, i hardly use illuminator..

hope this helps... cheers & have fun with make-up! once you start, you'll not stop!! hahahaha

(this is my view & does not represent everyone else's routine.)

Comment

thank u soooo much
                      i'm going 2 buy foundation,hehe

Comment

I usually put on make-up without drawing my eyebrows because til now I have not master the skill. Any tips to share?

Comment

Originally posted by primrose_sg
                          Started with a Lancome mascara when I was 17, then eyelash curler (from SASA) and eyeshadows.....

I learned makeup process and tips from a Taiwan magazine--"Beauty", I can read traditional character Each issue of "beauty" teach you how to catch up the latest trend of makeup, very practical with pictures. I just follow

Primrose_sg,

can I just check with you where to get the mag??

Me a bit lazy bum.. only recently got my first loose powder.. though I love lipstick and blusher ( I just wear it without putting on foundation .... ) " P

So still totally clueless about makeup > . <
                          Last edited by blurzcyn_see; 15-10-2004, 01:12 AM.

Comment

blurzcyn_see,

I always buy the mag in KINOKUNIYA @ TAKA, can find these mag at Chinese Magazines corner. I recommend BEAUTY and RAY. Can learn make-up process step by step from the detailed pictures, also the editor or MA would recommend some useful products or tools

removed quote
                            Last edited by Glossie; 20-10-2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

are those magazine expensive? i only started make-up when i need to dress up for prom night and now its only on weekend when i feel like dressing up then i will apply makeup so my skill is still very bad esp apply the eyeshadow

Comment

haha cheapskate me go libaray and read those mags..

Comment

Working...
                                X