Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did u start learning to apply makeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jillystars
    replied
    hmmm....so coverage wise, are they the same?

Leave a comment:

• babyblue
    replied
    mm...? arent finishing powder n loose powder e same??
    i think those pink powder is to help give ppl with yellowish skin tone a more pinkish radiance.. to brighten up?

Leave a comment:

• Jillystars
    replied
    Hmmm...is there a difference between loose powder and finishing powder? What's the difference between those loose powder that matches your skintone and those in other colours (e.g. pink, white, etc)? Do they make a difference?

Leave a comment:

• sn0wny
    replied
    Makeup? I think it was Secondary 4, late Sec 4 in fact, influence by my frineds but skincare I remember. Secondary 1 and my mum bought me whole range of items that I will need and taught me how to do it.

Actual knowledge is when I started working as cosmetics promoter and they taught me evrything I know today.

Leave a comment:

• yuriko_yy
    replied
    started since sec sch. no one there to teach me also. just went guardian pharmacy & simply bought what i thought i will be needing & went home to try

when i started with it, alot of things i dunno. shade of foundation, color of lippies etc
    sometimes will end up looking like a pontianak

Leave a comment:

• BlueAriel
    replied
    learnt it from looking at my mom.. and as i grew up, i just somehow knew where to start. god knows why too.

hehe.. still trying to learn more along the way. Not an expert but not a total make up idiot too.

Now i like to look at friend's makeup or sometimes just by self inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• MACnatic
    replied
    make up basics i learnt from school during the basic groomin couse in sec sch. from then on...i started trial and error....my make up skills is still lousy though.....sobs...i remember there was a time in jc...i put on eyeliner n mascara...and it smudged...i did not know until i went to the toilet to see....LOOK LIKE PANDA!!! arghhh..

Leave a comment:

• poochi
    replied
    From a very lovely makeup artist at a Virgin Vie outlet in Tampines! (It has since closed.) She taught me a few basics, and I figured out a lot through painful trial and error. Once I went out with ballerina pink eyeshadow all over my eyelids! I looked like a rabbit! Horrid!

Leave a comment:

• snowrunner
    replied
    Walk over to the MAC counter, buy an e/s palette/foundation/pressed powder/blush, and ask the nicest SA how to use it.

Leave a comment:

• HoneyLicious
    replied
    i learned how to do make up since 14 yrs old and taught by my mom who went to beauty school before. i also experiment and practice with friends in the past, sharring and exchanging tips

Leave a comment:

• AhCapp
    replied
    Reading the japanese and taiwanese beauty magazines with step-by-step instruction. Going to makeover doesn't help me much because they are basically too fast!

Asking questions at CozyCot here or at the cosmetics counters help too. I also ask my wedding makeup artists for insider tips too hehehee..

Leave a comment:

• jaded-puff
    replied
    from various beauty forums ! now still a beginner .

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    i just kept experimenting since sec sch.

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    replied
    Any recommendations to take up basic lessons?

TIA!

Leave a comment:

• angelstar
    replied
    you're welcome <-- flowers for you too! :p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X