Lucy Minerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Minerals

After reading how several Silk Naturals' forum users ordered foundation from Lucy Minerals, I decided to purchase several foundie samples out of curiosity. I was attracted to the "anti-oxidants" added to the foundation. They have several formulas for different skins. One has Oil Control with Silica and Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate as well.

I ordered Golden Medium and Caramel in the original and Lucy Light formulas.
    The "Original" formula has the following ingredients: Ingredients~zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly® polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
    Lucy Light formula: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides (recommended for those allergy-prone and cannot tolerate topical Vit C & allantoin)

The website: http://annelangguth.vpweb.com/Foundation-Shades.html

Each sample packet was US$1.50. Shipping is "free" for the packet samples.

The order was placed on 1 July and received today 14 July (processing time is somewhat long).

Came in a personalised envelope (nice touch, cute, but I'm neither eighteen nor twenty-eight ).

Thank you card and ingredient list

(my opinion: these 2 items are generally a waste of paper, costs, environmentally unfriendly as well. Some might like the gesture but for me, since it's an internet order, whatever information I required/ will require, like ingredients, would have already been read by me before ordering. I can always check online again if I need the info once more. As for the ingredients-list, apparently it's a FDA requirement - according to what Karen posted on the Silk Naturals forum)

For reference:

Swatches on my underarm

I just had a facial with mucho extractions yesterday, so I'm not going to put anything new on my face until my skin heals.

As per their website, Golden Medium is supposed to be a yellow-based medium shade; Caramel - deeper golden tan shade.

Their Golden medium, based on the swatch, doesn't seem to be as dark as Lumiere's nor with that much yellow in it. Caramel, however, is very peachy on my skin. Not sure if that will work. But it might work for me post beach holiday.

Will try them in a couple of weeks when I get back
    Last edited by Aud; 14-07-2010, 06:20 PM. Reason: URL image

Hi Aud,

Have u tried the foundation? Is it as good as silk naturals?

Comment

Originally posted by rafemama View Post
      Hi Aud,

Have u tried the foundation? Is it as good as silk naturals?
      Hi rafemama, while waiting for Aud's review, perhaps I could share with you my experience with Lucy Minerals

I tried their foundie with Silica in Golden Medium. However, the shade is still somewhat not right with my skintone and Creamy Bisque didn't seem as yellow as I had hope for. That said, Lucy Minerals' foundie is extremely creamy and smooth...perhaps even more so than Silk Natural's. Simply put it, it's hassle-free blending...heavenly

Also, as I had previously mentioned before, Lucy Minerals gave me the most beautiful finish amongst the numerous brands I've tried thus far. The reason why I'm not using it is the lack of staying power on my oily nose area. That, Silk Naturals is better for me.

Of course, there are also many others who have found that Lucy Minerals work for them. And yes, I'm one of those who is a sucker for packaging. Love Lucy Minerals' pretty envelope

You know, maybe I should give it one more shot with Lucy Minerals one of these days
      Last edited by Icacia; 11-09-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Icacia For your review! Super appreciate it! Been using EDM, but I have tried most of their colours and none works.

Comment

Oops, totally forgot to try the samples!

Just unearthed them from my drawer to place them somewhere more strategic. Will test them sometime next week!

Comment

Ok, road tested Lucy Minerals Caramel (their original formula) today for a short while. Sorry but my Yellow Golden samples are missing. Might have thrown them out inadvertently while springcleaning, yikes!

Like Icacia said, I'm very impressed by the smoothness and creamy feel of it. Even in powder form. Looks quite natural on the face without the cakey makeup look.

If your face is still slightly moist from the moisturiser applied, it applies just like cream. Very easy, no need to blend indeed. Coverage is about a light to medium buildable (comparable to SN's medium coverage). For Caramel, it looks much darker in the plastic sachet but when applied on my face, it doesn't look tha dark. However, it does have peachy undertones, so it's a tad too orange/ peachy for my yellow tanned complexion. I think this shade might work better for Malay babes.

Oil control wise it's not as good as SN's, but I don't really consider this a minus, since it won't overdry your skin in the medium - long run.

Worth a try, if the shades are good for you and you don't have overly oily skin.

I think I'll add the rest to tint my sunblock.

PS: Also dropped Lucy Minerals a note on the shades on their "Contact Us" page. I'd be very interested in getting a FS if they come up with a Caramel depth shade but with strong yellow undertones sans peach!
            Last edited by Aud; 13-09-2010, 11:43 PM.

Comment

wow, the creaminess and peachy undertone are totally calling out to me!!! Any shade help for someone who used to wear mixes of Ivory+Sandy Fair or Sandy Fair+Sunkissed Fair in EDM?

Comment

Hey happybean,

Doubt there're enough users of Lucy Minerals here to help you with a colour match.
                Why don't you try asking over at Chanty's http://www.87px.net/mmf/viewforum.php?f=30

or drop Lucy Minerals a query on shade match.

Tried adding some Caramel to my LRP Anthelios sunblock today. My face turned out orange, like a true orange orange, round and orange :D Urgh. Had to wash my face and neck!

Comment

I tried the Golden Medium with Calcium Carbonate today. I think it feels better than the Silica version, went on smoother. As always, the finish is beautiful and refined! Its coverage is seemingly higher than that of Joppa's Soft Coverage. In fact, it's very very easy to get coverage with Lucy foundie, takes only a few strokes.

Of all the mineral foundations I have tried, I reckon I look the best in Lucy Minerals' in photos. I look flawless with soft velvety, well nourished and moisturized skin

However....hee......

As Aud had shared, I also think that the shade is somewhat peachy, thus, the color isn't as suitable for me as say, Silk Naturals or Joppa. Also, its longevity on my nose area is still behind those brands as well. Otherwise, I really love it. And it doesn't seem to oxidize that fast or easily, too

Comment

Thanks Aud for your review!

I emailed Annie, she recommended olive based foundation for mixing.
                    Last edited by rafemama; 15-09-2010, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aud View Post
                      Hey happybean,

Doubt there're enough users of Lucy Minerals here to help you with a colour match.
                      Why don't you try asking over at Chanty's http://www.87px.net/mmf/viewforum.php?f=30

or drop Lucy Minerals a query on shade match.

Tried adding some Caramel to my LRP Anthelios sunblock today. My face turned out orange, like a true orange orange, round and orange :D Urgh. Had to wash my face and neck!
                      Thanks Aud!
                      I spent several hours Monday night/Tues morning reading all the pages at chanty's, other forums and some blogs (with swatches) that were mentioned on lucy's front page. then i ordered 18 foundation samples, 1 finishing powder sample and a sample of the ambrosia i basically ordered the lightest shades in the original and light fdn formulations. after all the reading, sounds like my best bet might be Light with some snow white added if needed, but we'll see

Comment

Wondering if they have any yellow shades without the peachiness too.

Comment

Lucy Minerals is a fabulous mineral foundation infused with high quality ingredients & antioxidants. I simply love it for my sensitive, oily, acne skin!

The Original Foundation formula looks and feels very soft and natural while giving wonderful coverage. It's so lightweight - feels like you are not wearing foundation.

The Oil Control with Silica Foundation (OCS) formula works pretty much the same as the Original Foundation formula on me. Silica offers slip and glide to the product so it probably blends better than the Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate Foundation (OCC). But I don't mind the OCC--it blends well for me.

In regards to which formula works best for me; the Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate Foundation is my favorite. Calcium carbonate is an excellent addition to mineral makeup for those of us with oily skin. As I've noted previously, oils from our face can cause colors to morph over the course of the day, and because it's alkaline, calcium carbonate is an excellent oil absorber. Color will remain true throughout the day and not morph into something due to environmental stresses or skin oils. Excellent absorbency and excellent color retention for people with normal, oily, or darker skin (but especially on easily-oxidized skin like mine). This is where calcium carbonate excels.

Lucy Minerals Foundation is so concentrated that I need to start with a small amount & then add a little bit more if needed.

Lucy Minerals in Pale Olive is a perfect match for my fair skintone with yellow undertone; Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Soft Porcelain, Everyday Minerals Olive Fair, Meow Cosmetics Frisky Abyssinian, Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ 20, HD Foundation 117, Face & Body Liquid Makeup 38 or 20, MAC NC15-20. Any foundations oxidize ever so slightly on me, so it should evens out.

Comment

^^ simplicity, was EDM's olive fair showing olive on you? I remember it was an okay depth on me but the olive cast was quite distinct, so, hopefully i can use that as a reference point.

I haven't yet received my lucy orders so i've no real opinion on the shades, but i already know i'm probably going to order again when the weekly special changes tomorrow (like i did when the weekly special changed last week) i really like sales and offers and gwp's

Comment

Originally posted by happybean View Post
                              ^^ simplicity, was EDM's olive fair showing olive on you? I remember it was an okay depth on me but the olive cast was quite distinct, so, hopefully i can use that as a reference point.

I haven't yet received my lucy orders so i've no real opinion on the shades, but i already know i'm probably going to order again when the weekly special changes tomorrow (like i did when the weekly special changed last week) i really like sales and offers and gwp's
                              Let us know how it goes with the samples when you receive them
                              I really wish there'd be a shade for me but zilch. Even EDM's Golden Medium (which has olive tinges in it) shows up green on my face under certain fluro lights. Bummer. Really need yellow to the max. Can't be more Chinese than that!

Comment

Working...
                              X