• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feifei
    replied
    Originally posted by topaz
    Can brush cleansers be use to wash it?
    Any other cleansers/shampoo to recommend?
    i think someone mentions its not advisable to use brush cleansers coz of the alcohol content. but i suppose normal shower foam should suffice.

Leave a comment:

• poochi
    replied
    Originally posted by ponine
    The thing is only the Chanel boutique at Ngee Ann City sells them so i have to thicken up my skin and walk in just to get 2 pieces of sponges that cost a mere $2.
    Now I'm interested! I have pretty thick skin so I'm not afraid, HA. Do you know if they sell small, disposable lip brushes too?

Leave a comment:

• topaz
    replied
    Can brush cleansers be use to wash it?
    Any other cleansers/shampoo to recommend?

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    how much are shu sponges?

Leave a comment:

• stilafaux
    replied
    Originally posted by saresha
    For sponges that really last through washing after washing, invest in Shiseido or Shu.

2nd saresha on the Shu sponges. I used to own the Velvet Compact and the sponge really lasted more than 5 times washing!

Leave a comment:

• loves
    replied
    Originally posted by GG
    Sharon, I share the same temptation..... SKII compact foundation.
    yeah i'm just waiting for the 20% metro sale or tangs double rebate, whichever comes first

Leave a comment:

• GG
    replied
    Originally posted by Helethea
    i tried washing mine today with mac brush cleanser.........
    Hm... becareful when using a brush cleaner on latex sponge. Some brush cleaners may have alcohol content for distinfectant purpose and may destroy latex sponge.

Sharon, I share the same temptation..... SKII compact foundation.

Leave a comment:

• saresha
    replied
    For sponges that really last through washing after washing, invest in Shiseido or Shu.

Leave a comment:

• choc_chunk
    replied
    i am using the body shop sponge. It is white in colour and rectangular in shape with rounded edges at the 4 corners too. cost around $5. i wash it once a week, and replace it once a month, since it is not that ex. Is shu's one worth?

Leave a comment:

• neko
    replied
    Mine come in 1 per packet wth a plastic container in it... think its ard $3 or something... vvv good material n lasts...hmmm Helethea, you can try soaking them in the soap solution for a while.

Leave a comment:

• loves
    replied
    wow now i realise how kiasu i am

my foundation sponges get washed immediately after use. i just replace a fresh piece into the compact before i go out. which explains why i buy several packs of sponges whenever i buy compact foundations

right now i'm no longer using compact foundations although i'm sorely tempted by the SKII one

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    Hi Helethea,

It is white in colour and rectangular in shape with rounded edges at the 4 corners.

Leave a comment:

• feifei
    replied
    i tried washing mine today with mac brush cleanser but discovered i cant get the foundation off completely. how do i solve this problem?

im also interested in those mac/shu sponges. they look good. anyone tried using their sponges? worth the try?

ponine: im interested in the chanel sponge u talked about. how it is shaped like? angled or round tip?

Leave a comment:

• ponine
    replied
    I am lazy to wash mine so i changed to a new one once the colour started to look disgusting to me. Usually, it would mean changing the sponge once or twice for a compact cake.

Since i am using Chanel's 2 way cake, i get my sponge supply from them too. It's only $1 each by the way. Cheap!

The thing is only the Chanel boutique at Ngee Ann City sells them so i have to thicken up my skin and walk in just to get 2 pieces of sponges that cost a mere $2.

Leave a comment:

• Gink
    replied
    hmmm...... neko does yours come in a pack of 3? I got that too from Sasa. Very cheap at a couple of dollars for 3 and the quality pretty good too.

One thing, after I washed and dried my sponge, I will use the other side of it. Then rotate on the next wash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X