No announcement yet.

Touching up your makeup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twice. After breakfast and lunch. Or when I see a pale-faced tired-looking person looking back at me in the bathroom mirror

OT: How do you guys touch up the smudge left behind by your mascara during the day? I usually de-panda myself using bare fingers. But the tugging worries me

Comment

How do you Touch up???

Hi all!

Basically I am still in the state when it comes to make up.. can I just check with you all out there something about touch up?

Say for example, I am wearing makeup and my face turn oily after a while..

Should I just touch up using my loose powder (I am using origins) or should I use a oil blotter first then touch up??

Comment

blot than touch up with powder?

think : oiliness and powder dont mix well

Comment

Oh yes, you must blot away the excess oil and then touch up with pressed powder. Loose powder will do too, but difficult and messy to carry around. HTHs! Have fun with makeup!

Comment

Thanks alot!! will try to more often ...

basically I am still a lazy pig..

but at the same time would like to learn more about makeup.. that why I love cozycot .. but I cant surf internet very often as I always work until damn late...

sigh

Comment

i just blot my face with tissue. I have oily skintype, so by mid day, there will be a oily sheen appearing.

After i blot my face with tissue or J&J blotter, my Covermark extra formula fdtn face looks as good as i just applied in the morning.

HtHs!

Comment

I don't touch up - unless I can completely cleanse my face and have access to clean facilities, I'm not touching my face with hands full of germs. Then again I don't have oily skin and I've never had makeup slip off on me.

Comment

Yep, the germs bit does seem scary.. I even use toilet paper! which would've gone thru *processing* by the cleaner Sometimes I use paper towels (taken from the dispensing bin), pat them with some tap water, and dab the damp towel over my face.

Comment

Originally posted by lilupig
                    OT: How do you guys touch up the smudge left behind by your mascara during the day? I usually de-panda myself using bare fingers. But the tugging worries me
                    Using waterproof mascara, Lilu? I de-panda this way too - if the mascara's so lousy! And it's no good tugging the eye area, yes. Use a damp cotton pad?

Comment

normally i just use tissue and pat on my face if it feels sticky. and use a disinfector before..now I always carry one of those hand sanitizers

for those mascara smudges, I just reapply some foundation under my eyes (i have a smaller sample of foundation)

have you ever seen people who bring wipes and actually go through the whole process in the washroom and then reapply make up again? haha..

Comment

i dont ever touch up. i'm a really lazy bum, guess those gals who've seen me before would know. my boss is forever nagging at me to touch up my lips

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                          Using waterproof mascara, Lilu? I de-panda this way too - if the mascara's so lousy! And it's no good tugging the eye area, yes. Use a damp cotton pad?
                          Thanks glossie. I'm definitely gonna stick to waterproof mascaras from now on. Such a waste of my Maybelline Full & Soft (I know that one didn't work for you too). Cutie Curl is the best huh!

Comment

One of the best, Cutie Curl! Mavala (waterproof) smudged on me too, I think. You know Clarins has one product that waterproofs mascaras? Heard it's popular (outside Singapore?). Very tempted to buy it cos you can also use it on its own - like a clear mascara. DFS is selling them 3 in a pack. Saves 10 over percent, IIRC. I do wonder if the counters have them.. I never took note. There's the Metro sale to save more!

http://us.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=297

Comment

I rarely touch up.. maybe only blusher..

Comment

Do you know that a woman eats up forgot-how-many tonnes of lipstick in her entire life? I read that in a magazine. I'm shocked.

I don't use lipstick but I use lipgloss and I eat that up everytime too. Seldom touch up. Lazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X