Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair loss due to oily scalp

Hi all,
    Just wondering if any of you face the same problem as me! Recently I noticed increased hair loss, and the number of strands that fall out everyday is quite alarming. When I went to do scalp treatments etc the consultants told me that the excess oil is blocking my hair follicles, hence causing the hair loss.

Does anyone know of any effective treatment to curb this? I tried a shampoo for oily scalp, but it seemed to make it worse :/ Was on the receiving end of alot of hardselling but didn't dare to purchase anything.

Why don't you get the consultant to recommend you the right shampoo since you went to them for hair treatment. I get oily scalp only when I don't wash my hair for one or two days. I have afew shampoos to use on alternate days, such as cleansing scalp shampoo, dandruff and color ones. Deep cleansing I find that it's a must to use at least once a week. Dandruff shampoo I will use it when my scalp gets really flakey at times.

Comment

i think i am facing the same problem. I tried the trial hair treatment from Oriental Hair Solution, the treatment was good but it is too expensive. I was told by the sales consultant average each session cost abt $118. So even though i love their scalp mask a lot,i nv sign in the end. But was thinking of goolgle for something which can keep my scalp clean and reduce hair fall. was really sad to be told that im facing hair fall problem!

Comment

I think you should use mustard oil as much as you can it will remove dryness from your scalp and when your hair and scalp are not dry any more the hair fall problem will be vanish

Comment

Hair loss due to oily scalp

Try Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo purchasable from Nature's Farm.. I hv oily scalp too causing my fringe to looks greasy by mid-day last time, but after starting *** shampoo, e greasiness greatly reduced & lesser hair fall during hair wash as compared to last time when I was using others.. Highly recommended.. But pls follow up *** conditioner as can be drying.

Comment

Was told by a hair stylist to use shampoo without the moisturizing component.. Even if its drying for the hair, it can help to dry up the scalp.. To counter the dry hair can use conditioner but careful not to let it touch the scalp.. Then hairdryer the scalp especially the top middle..

Comment

I used to have the same problem. I recommend using Apple Cider Vinegar to wash your hair. Put one tablespoon into one glass of water. Pour over hair (I use a plastic ketchup bottle) and massage into scalp. Leave this on for 5-10mins. Then wash with normal shampoo. You should also include more vitamin b and zinc in your diet to reduce oiliness on skin and scalp. I get my daily dose from a breakfast of either wholemeal bread or museli (with oats) and milk.
              Last edited by meuse; 16-05-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Vitamins and minerals are essential for having healthy hair and constitute a good remedy for oily hair. There are important elements that we get from our diet, and without which our hair can become greasy, lifeless, and even fall out. An ideal diet needs to include all of the essential nutrients for healthy hair and skin. According to ancient Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine, the first signs of health problems show on our skin, hair, and nails.

Maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle can be hard nowadays, but it is essential for having non-greasy healthy hair. There are many cosmetic products and shampoos that promise to get rid of excess oils and to restore hair-health, but having a balanced vitamin and mineral rich diet is much more important as a remedy for oily hair.

Vitamin B complex is extremely important for hair, and a deficiency in these vitamins can lead to oily, dandruff, premature white hair, skin irritation, and to a slow hair-growth. B vitamins are also essential for our skin, as they combat stress related wrinkles and aging symptoms. For maintaining a young-looking and wrinkle-free skin, as well as healthy shiny hair, we must consume foods that are rich in B vitamins.

Biotin or vitamin B7 is very important for healthy non-greasy hair and that why it is sometimes called the “hair vitamin”. A biotin deficiency can lead to hair loss, nail breakage, and even loss of eyelashes. There are not many foods rich in biotin, but try to avoid synthetic supplements as they can make matters worse and lead to oilier hair than before. Some good sources of biotin include: liver, raw egg yolk, peanuts, and leafy green vegetables. Try to make yourself a green smoothie or juice at least once a week in order to get a proper amount of biotin into your diet.

Niacin or vitamin B3 is another important vitamin for hair and skin health. This vitamin improves blood circulation in the scalp area, thus preventing hair follicle blockage and hair loss. There are some synthetic vitamin B3 supplements available on the market, but they can put a strain on your liver. Try to eat foods that contain a proper amount of niacin, such as fish, seafood, green beans and peas, almonds, or carrots.

Folic acid or vitamin B9 is also important for maintaining healthy non-greasy hair. Folic acid ensures that your follicles are functioning properly, and it also plays a big role in cell formation and in preventing inflammation. It is also extremely important for pregnant women, as a folic acid deficiency can lead to birth defects. Good sources of folic acid or vitamin B9 include: green beans, avocado, seafood, kale and other green leafy vegetables, and meat.

Vitamin B12 keeps hair strong and healthy by promoting hair growth and nourishing the hair follicles. Vitamin B12 also plays a very important role in red cell production, and in maintaining a healthy nervous system. A deficiency can be very dangerous and can lead to hair thinning and slowing of hair growth, as well as anemia and other health problems. Vitamin B12 can only be found in animal based foods, such as meat, eggs and dairy.

Vitamin E is very important for the skin, but also for hair. It is one of the most powerful antioxidants, along with vitamin C, and keeps your immune system healthy. Oily hair is normally triggered by hormonal imbalances, but also by fungus, dermatitis, and other skin related issues. Vitamin E ensures proper blood circulation in the scalp area, and also promotes hair growth and prevents hair fall, oily and sticky hair. Good sources of vitamin E include: nuts and nut oils, avocado, asparagus, pumpkin, papaya, broccoli, or mango.

Zinc is an essential mineral that promotes a good functioning of the sebaceous glands of your skin. A zinc deficiency can lead to very oily skin or very dry skin, depending on predispositions, and it has also been associated with acne. Not getting enough zinc can lead to premature greying hair, and even hair loss or a slow hair-growth. The body can’t store or create zinc, so it needs to have a constant source of this mineral. Good natural sources of zinc include: eggs, legumes, spinach, seafood, nuts, wheat germs, or pumpkin seeds.

Ensuring a proper intake of these vitamins and minerals from natural sources is essential for healthy non-oily hair. While taking supplements can be recommended sometimes, it is best to only take them if prescribed by a doctor. Although supplements seem harmless, they can interact with other medication or lead to intoxications.

Comment

Hi I have the same problem too and my relatives recommended me to use kerastase. It really works on me. Also you need to apply some tonic after you have wash your hair. If you want I will send you the type of kerastase shampoo that I am using an also the tonic. I have recommend to few of my friends and it really helps.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for the picture. ^^

Comment

Hi dears,

You might want to take a look at the following.

Qoo10-Singapore - Body Care / Diet - BSY NONI BLACK HAIR DYE 100% NATU...

Qoo10-Singapore - Body Care / Diet - SUFU SOAP WITH ACTIVE PINEAPPLE E...

Have seen great recommendations.

Comment

My colleague has recommended me to get Eu Yan Sang H4H for my husband to try as my husband is also oily scalp. She told me that visible results could be seen within weeks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

If I get oily scalp, I will use the clarifying shampoo to cleanse the scalp and remove the oil first before my hair starts to drop badly. At the same time my ends are very dry, so I will use a moisture shampoo, follow by a conditioner and weekly masque treatment.

Comment

Thank you dude really it awesome, work perfect.

Comment

Hi!

I have a package of 8 sessions at Hair Fix Salon (short walk from Admiralty mrt station) to let go. Paid S$890 for 10 sessions & used 2. Want to let go due to am undergoing treatment for a health matter.

If anyone staying in the North and looking for a value hair care package, Each session you have a choice of either hair treatment / scalp treatment / hair coloring. Best of all, package also comes with 1 free rebonding! So it's like S$89 per session for the choices listed + 1 rebonding!!!

anyone interested, i can sell @ S$700.

Comment

try use deep cleansing shampoo to reduce oily scalp

mosts people will use anti hair loss shampoo, anti hair loss foam (apply), ampoules (tonic) and patch (remove oil)

Comment

Working...
                              X