Sunscreen talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saresha
    It feels like I've answered this before, but actually I can't remember what's in it, sorry. You'd best check the PA rating and ingredients yourself. You probably know what to look out for by now (see sunscreen pinup if unsure).
    Opps! Sorry about it!

Been trying to search for the ingredient list online but no luck as yet!

Will check out the sunscreen pinup post too! Thanks!

Comment

• My curiousity got the better of me, and i went to check out Shiseido SPF50PA+++ sunblock lotion. It is very similar to Ultralight sunblock lotion SPF30, but slightly lighter in texture.
      But the difference is $20! For the same size bottle and same packaging, really can't tell the difference except for the name printed on the bottle and the slightly lighter texture. But at $20 extra for the slightly lighter texture is not really worth it.
      Better off buying the SPF30 one.

Comment

• Originally posted by popsicle
        Ponine, I'm pretty satisfied with my IPSA SPF 47 sunscreen. The PA rating is +++. Can't really say how effective it is in shielding my skin from the sun as I've been walking around outdoors with umbrellas recently but the texture is great and the high SPF and PA gives me a peace of mind.
        Hey!

Same here! I "think' the protection is maximised because the PA is +++.

And yeah.. it has a great light texture and not oily at all. Great for wear under makeup!

Comment

• Originally posted by ponine
          Same here! I "think' the protection is maximised because the PA is +++.
          But what are the ingredients? Is there zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in the first half of the list? That's what I'm trying to get at, ponine. (I don't want to repeat what's in the pinup again: photostability, why zinc oxide is best, blah blah blah...)

BUT if you're already satisfied with a product through personal experience, there's no real need for my opinion. And I mean this in the best way possible! Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Comment

• i went to check out the shiseido website and it seems that after the new sunblock range is out, there don't seem to be any trace of the old range eg. ultralight.

clpersonal, u went to check it out right? do they still carry the ultralight spf 30? thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by saresha
              But what are the ingredients? Is there zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in the first half of the list? That's what I'm trying to get at, ponine. (I don't want to repeat what's in the pinup again: photostability, why zinc oxide is best, blah blah blah...)

BUT if you're already satisfied with a product through personal experience, there's no real need for my opinion. And I mean this in the best way possible! Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
              Yupz! I totally understand! No worries!

Thanks so much!

Comment

• Has anyone talk about the "Shu Uemura Protector TTL Defender SPF 25 PA++"?? I'm too lazy to read the thread cos it's too much!! :roll:

I've used that and it has some bad effects on my skin. I've discovered that some white heads were formed on my face and they were not that type of removeable ones. I had to go to a beauty salon to remove it. I started using this Sun Block with my Shu Oil Cleanser and this happened. I thought it's the Oil cleanser problem so I stopped using it. However, the problem persists. So I think it should be the sun block's fault.

Does this happens to any one of you?

Comment

• Maybe the Shu Sunscreen & the cleansing oil is too rich for your skin?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayanne
                    i went to check out the shiseido website and it seems that after the new sunblock range is out, there don't seem to be any trace of the old range eg. ultralight.

clpersonal, u went to check it out right? do they still carry the ultralight spf 30? thanks!
                    I think they replaced the ultralight SPF30 with the SPF50.

Comment

• Hi,
                      I'm just wondering if anyone has used whitia day protect spf 30pa++ before? I don't have the ingredients coz I threw the box away. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, it feels really smooth and good, and after application, my face looks kind of radiant. However, since it's a cosmetic brand, I'm worried if it would clog the pores on the long run. anyone used it before?

Comment

• I've used Whitia sunscreen, its more runny hence speard easily, didn't clog my sensitive ance-prone skin.

Comment

• hi katrina,
                          thanks for the reply!!! sounds good, will stick with it then, thanks!

Comment

• sunscreen is super important to me, as i'm easily burnt these days,

currently using simple's sunblock after moisturising with olay's sensitive skin moisturiser.

matte finish! love it!

i bought this at JL at jurong point

Comment

• Originally posted by cefindre
                              Hi,
                              I'm just wondering if anyone has used whitia day protect spf 30pa++ before? I don't have the ingredients coz I threw the box away. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, it feels really smooth and good, and after application, my face looks kind of radiant. However, since it's a cosmetic brand, I'm worried if it would clog the pores on the long run. anyone used it before?
                              I have it a little like sun killer i feel a good & not so pricy SPF. Good for normal skins for oilier skins you migh need soemthing that's with more titanium dioxide the powder ingredient for UVA protection which makes the SPF more matte.

This is good for normal to combination skin & goes well under my foundation. i am using DPF which is rather matte & with SPFs & abit of moisturisers it only starts to shine say about 4 hrs into the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by gloria_gloria
                                I've used that and it has some bad effects on my skin. I've discovered that some white heads were formed on my face and they were not that type of removeable ones. I had to go to a beauty salon to remove it. I started using this Sun Block with my Shu Oil Cleanser and this happened. I thought it's the Oil cleanser problem so I stopped using it. However, the problem persists. So I think it should be the sun block's fault.

Does this happens to any one of you?
                                Hmmm. i have no problems with the shu TTL... I rotate it with my Loreal SPF50, and have just finished one full sized tube and one 10ml tube... hmmm face is as per normal. I've heard about the pore clogging properties of the cleansing oil, but not the TTL. But I use IPSA cleansing oil now, not Shu.

Comment

Working...
                                X