No announcement yet.

Sunscreen talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of my powder-in-milk sunblock at home.
    The Japanese packagings is different from local market when I tried the testers at Seiyu.

www.sunkiller.com.sg

Comment

lol! you girls are so cute. but vonnie... u got it mixed up! lol

the dark cap is the powder-in milk (i know cause i've got it... BUY WRONGLY!), and the light cap's clear water.

anyone has any review on the powder-in-milk one?

Comment

Oops, my mistake The light blue cap is then the Clear Water one!

Reveriee, I have used the Powder-in-milk one before (only on arms) and I don't quite take to it I feel that it is too drying

Comment

Thanks a lot, ladies

Comment

Hi! I would like to verify this info - glass blocks out UVB (causes ageing) rays but not UVA (causes tanning)? So if I'm not concerned with getting darker and keep my windows closed, I need not bother with sunscreen at home?

Another problem - fluorescent lights and laptops. It seems that these emits UV rays too (*sigh* oh why, WHY must this be so?!). A, B or C? I tried googling for the type of UV radiation but only came up with endless suppliers of monitor filters.

As you can see, I'm trying to get away from applying sunscreen, both face and body, when I'm home. Actually, I've never done so and am trying to make myself feel better for not doing so. The thought of suffocating my facial pores when I'm home is bad enough, but having a layer on arms and legs as well?! Imagine the discomfort! I usually dress very comfy in singlets and shorts at home and quite frankly, the thought of gooey sunblock on my body truly repels me. In fact, I don't even have the habit of using body sun protection when I'm outdoors too

Comment

If you have a problem using sunscreen when outdoors, I'd think that UV rays from fluorescent lights, monitors, and TVs are the least of your worries. I don't use a monitor filter, though I do spend a lot of time in front of it. I'm not too worried though.

You're quite right about glass - this should be included in the sunscreen pinup, I guess. If you sit near a window with direct sunlight all day, you should certainly use sunscreen. (Ditto if you drive everyday.) Otherwise I don't see the need for sunscreen indoors. YMMV, I'm just not that obsessive. Yet.

Comment

just started using Clear water and find its great! does not feel heavy or greasy and gets absorbed into the skin quickly.

Comment

Just to let you all know that I know a place that is selling this product cheaper by $2. pm me if you wish to know the contact.

Comment

Please post it here, raejan.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                      If you have a problem using sunscreen when outdoors, I'd think that UV rays from fluorescent lights, monitors, and TVs are the least of your worries. I don't use a monitor filter, though I do spend a lot of time in front of it. I'm not too worried though.... I'm just not that obsessive. Yet.
                      Thank you very much for the info, Saresha!

Comment

Selenium?

read from magazines or newspaper..

we can have sunscreen protection by eating some kind of stuff called selenium? works well like applying physically..:huh:

anybody dare to try this?

think i will stick to my sunscreen application..

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                          Please post it here, raejan.
                          It's at Bugis Food village on the 2nd level.
                          #02-01
                          They sell mostly Jap and korea skincare products.
                          tel: 90673731
                          Boss:Zoelyn Chai

Comment

Sunkiller stockists

Thanks. The full list of stockists (as we know it) is up on the Sunscreen Notes pinup.

Comment

DDF Organic sunscreen SPF30

This is a relatively lightweight, mineral-only sunscreen, with micronised titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (for minimal white cast). Those of you interested might want to head over to Mango's essentialdayspa spree.
                              http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-b...n-products.htm

Comment

Big RAVE for L'Oreal UV Perfect Ultimate Protection Fluid with Mexoryl XL, SPF50/PA+++
                                I used this for 2 days and it feels really light weight and the best thing is that there is no whitish cast after application! ALL sunscreen products i have used so far left my face with a whitish cast. But this just disappeared into the skin, almost like a moisturiser. I was amazed at how quick the white fluid disappeared into the skin. As compared to the Pola and Shiseido ultralight sunblock i have used in the past, this one win hands down. This can be used as a moisturier for those with normal/oily skin, you don't have to use an additional moisturiser.

I'm using the non-tinted one.

Comment

Working...
                                X