New York Skin Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new york skin solutions

oh my i won this free complementary skin analysis from the newspaper advertisement too. And i went down for it dragging my bf along thinking it's free anyway. My first impression was they try to hardsell you even before the complimentary service. The branch that i went to was the Tiong Bahru branch and it was a bad experience. The atmosphere and ambience sucks big time and i even had to share a room with another client of theirs. Waiting time for them to attend to me was long as well. Worst of all is their service attitude! Upon unsuccessful persuasion of selling me their package before the treatment, their attitude was already bad. After the treatment, their attitude is worst! The SA even commented things such as "so throughout the whole session u r just fu1 yan3 me"? *** i was like last straw. I don't really think this is a good facial salon to patronise.

Comment

Ok, my bf's mum decided not to go for the transfer as she was traumatised by the consultant over the weekend asking her to add SGD 900 to her sessions.So, only way out now is to translate the remaining session into products, which totaled up to SGD 214 for me.

Even this product exchange didn't sailed smoothly! It took an hour plus, went through 5-6 consultants ( I seriously lost count), in between each consultant trying to 'solve' the problem, I waited for 10 - 15 min. I just don't get it!!

They were really reluctant to do the exchange based on the products that I desired and requested that are within SGD 214 or less anyway.
      They said only ampoule of SGD 100 per vial are exchangable for the remaining sessions!! Yes..so, it's like I got freaking two 8ml vials of ampoules/essence in the end..?? NO!
      I said, the contract mentions that I could exchange for NYSS products for remaining sessions that are unused. Not the products that they force me to take.

Ai, in the end, I insisted and pointed out every line on the contract that states my right.

So, I got 5 products at the end of the day at $207 (lost out $7 to them,my principe is not to pay a single cent more to them anymore).

Now, at home with these 5 bottles at home, 1 give away to friend. Honestly, I am not keen at all to use their products, out of no choice really.

So, if any of you girls like to purchase NYSS items before this THURS (28-Aug-0 afternoon (I am flying off overseas for assignments for a good few months), please SMS me at 96207692.

Please note that I am not available to take up calls as I work at odd hours conferencing with overseas clients.

Please help yourself to the following list of products I would like to trade off at $5 discount of each product, they're sealed , fresh from the store just retrieved today:

1. Refreshing facial wash (Acne skin) @ $32.10 - $5 (Qty available : 1) 120 ML
      2. Gentel facial wash (Normal/Sensitive skin) @ $42.8 - $5 (Qty available : 2) 120 ML
      3. Hydrating moisturiser for dry skin @ $45-$5 (Qty available : 1) 30ML

Hope cc girls are able to help me to minimise my lost if you don't mind trying their products, of course, now without those annoying 'consultant's bugging you to sign up for this and that..heh

Thank you for your attention. Hope to get your kind support!
      Last edited by adeline_cafe; 26-08-2008, 01:26 AM. Reason: Volumes of the products

Comment

Originally posted by koizora View Post
        oh my i won this free complementary skin analysis from the newspaper advertisement too. And i went down for it dragging my bf along thinking it's free anyway. My first impression was they try to hardsell you even before the complimentary service. The branch that i went to was the Tiong Bahru branch and it was a bad experience. The atmosphere and ambience sucks big time and i even had to share a room with another client of theirs. Waiting time for them to attend to me was long as well. Worst of all is their service attitude! Upon unsuccessful persuasion of selling me their package before the treatment, their attitude was already bad. After the treatment, their attitude is worst! The SA even commented things such as "so throughout the whole session u r just fu1 yan3 me"? *** i was like last straw. I don't really think this is a good facial salon to patronise.

I also get this offer from New York Skin. But i am quite hesitated to go for this complementary skin session. Worry if I will get the same experience. Perhaps i should not go..

Comment

One of my friends also got a call to try a free skin trial and she signed up a number of sessions to cure her her acne scars. She regretted because every she goes there, she would be persuaded to buy some more products. She still has some facials sessions left but she decided to discontinue as her condition did not improve.

Comment

That is very irritating. Every time keep asking people to buy their product..

Comment

heard from my friend she was not allowed to leave after their complimentary facial as they do their hard sell until you buy something from them.

anyway, i am amaze by how they managed to persuade so many girls to part with so much money. its not one two hundreds.. but a thousand dollars!!

Comment

Accompany my friend down to NYSS today at ngee ann city. My friend is also another 'lucky' winner for the free trial treatment. So i accompany my friend there. Before we step into NYSS, we already told each other that we are not going to sign up any package even if they brain wash us.

SO we went in, welcome by the beauty consultant that called up my friend.
                We went in a room call staus if liberty if i not wrong. Inside there, we did our facial scan by another consultant lets call her M (think she quite old already 40yrs old).

She examined our face; my friend problem is pimple scar and reddness. Mine is enlarge pore and scarring.

So... as usual she starts to 'pysco' us to take package. She told me for my problem i need to take skin regenerate which is $430 EACH TREATMENT. OMG i can buy one gucci wallet! My friend is $350 each treatment.

Then the tactics came in, she told us that package is cheaper and the effect is better than the basic facial. Result will be seen at the first treatment. HEY we came for the free trial ok! She is wasting our precious time. I told her all those excuse but she still continues her brainwashing. I even told her i am a student and i can?t afford a package that cost up to 1000k. And guess what she said: Alot of our customer also a student, if you want ur face to look pretty you will find a way to get those money. i was like oh my god how can she say such thing. I am super angry at that moment. She say my pore problem must be cure since i am still young. FYI, pores are genetic and unfortunately for me i fall in the large pore series which are heredity from my parent even my sisters have the same problem. I told her: My parent and my sis got this problem and it is genetic and last time my beauty consultant at DRX told me there are no way to solve pore unless i go to do laser, but result is temporary. I told her that and she said: So when u just born ur face got enlarged pores already? I was like volcano exploded. I said: Where got people just born the face got pores one. Knowing that i am a difficult customer plus no money . She target my friend who is working.

In the end, she give my friend a package of 6+1 = $300 package. Doing essential intensive treatment. My friend is super reluctant to sign and she claim she got no money. Guess what M said: " u want to have pretty face anot? If u want u have to find a way, u can borrow money from friends or parent first." We both like how can she say such thing. U want your sales until so desperate?!
                My friend is super impatient and angry already, she agreed because the old lady is wasting our time. We spent 30min talking about package. i feel like leaving without doing the facial.

We proceed to our room. As i am doing basic, which is the free trial and my friend doing the intensive one. The woman say sarcastically that ?oh u no needs to change to the tube cause you are doing basic one?. I said: ?ok? .
                Another beauty consultant came in to attend to me. She clean, wash and put mask on my face and out she go. An hour gone............ 45 min gone...................... think she came back one hour later!? My mask is already dry until u can wrap popia already. I am super angry and feeling uncomfortable because i cant move my face. I even want to take out the mask myself. After that, M back tending to my friend. Mine still haven come back. After that my consultant finally come in, she remove my mask, put on another mask and again out she go. My friend finished her facial already and i am still lying down there.

Minutes later, another lady came in to clean away my mask, she put toner and moisturiser. Finally FINALLY! I am so happy. My friend is so afraid that she will get pysco to buy their products but in the end she didn?t. After we are done, we waited at the status of liberty room again. My consultant call her J, came in and she told me: " So u not taking the package same as your friend ar?" i replied:" i am still a student so no money" Then she said: "infact alot of customer here are student and they find ways to get money, u so pretty should do treatment to your face ma" i smile smile and she walked again.She look like thai agua.

IN CONCLUSION, I WILL NEVER STEP INTO NYSS AGAIN EVER IN MY LIFE! SO HARD SELL. I wonder if i ask my friend not to go for the next treatment because she still got 200$ have not pay yet. I still love my drx best. Omg. FAINT!

Comment

Agree

yes, this NYSS is like a dark scam shop...DON"T EVER STEP IN...
                  totally utterly extremely freaking-ly painful experience inside surrounded by those black spiders (facial consultants) once you step in.

Comment

New York Skin Solution - the Beauty show featuring it on channel 8

Don't know if any cotters have started this thread but i couldn't find a search function on it so here it is. mod, if there is a need can combine thread.

dear cotters, have you watched that show? think it's the last episode last night. the featured girl with pimples totally recovered from her skin and her skin now is so baby smooth and pretty! *envy!!

but i have also heard from other forums that New york skin solution staff is very pushy and their packages are very ex.

any advices?

Comment

wa.. so scary!!!

lucky got this kind of forums man... if not we wouldn't be able to know NYS is such a black shop! i think signing of petition and reporting it to the newspaper will help? on top if , reporting to newspaper will get $50 NTUC voucher too.

Comment

Horrible experience at nyss

EVEN I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE AT NYSS......AFTER ME AND ME FREND WALKED OUT FROM THE FACIAL TREATMENT, WE WASTED ALMOST ONE HOUR IN THEIR TINY LITTLE ROOM JUST HEARING ALL NONSENCE FROM THEIR STAFF. IT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, THEY WERE LITTERALY ASKING ME HOW MUCH MONEY U HAVE RITE NOW, THEY EVEN ASKED ME TO SHOW MY WALLET!!!
                        THEY WOULDNT EVEN LET ME OUT OF THE ROOM WHEN I SAID I NEED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.....AT THE END THEY MADE ME SIGN SOMETHING WHICH THEY HAD WRITTEN " I WILL COME AND SIGN UP FOR THE PACKAGE $3000 TMRW"
                        PPL DONT EVER GO TO NYSS!!!! ITS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME

Comment

this is exactly what happen to my friend.. she was not allowed to leave the room, even to the toilet.

Originally posted by superlative88 View Post
                          EVEN I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE AT NYSS......AFTER ME AND ME FREND WALKED OUT FROM THE FACIAL TREATMENT, WE WASTED ALMOST ONE HOUR IN THEIR TINY LITTLE ROOM JUST HEARING ALL NONSENCE FROM THEIR STAFF. IT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, THEY WERE LITTERALY ASKING ME HOW MUCH MONEY U HAVE RITE NOW, THEY EVEN ASKED ME TO SHOW MY WALLET!!!
                          THEY WOULDNT EVEN LET ME OUT OF THE ROOM WHEN I SAID I NEED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL.....AT THE END THEY MADE ME SIGN SOMETHING WHICH THEY HAD WRITTEN " I WILL COME AND SIGN UP FOR THE PACKAGE $3000 TMRW"
                          PPL DONT EVER GO TO NYSS!!!! ITS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME

Comment

you have to be firm with people like that, can't confined you if you want to leave. It's your money, who are they to see your wallet. If it was me I would have lost my cool and walked out

Comment

i went there b4, instead of curing the acne and scars on my face, the so called "beautician" make it worse, and now i've got to go to the doc to get rid of the scars left by the nyss beautician...

they r definitely cheating pple's $$$... so eventually the consultant called me to book another session, she got a scolding frm me instead... and since then, i've nv went back there...

Comment

OMG My friend just signed me up for their trial. Think I'm gonna warn her and cancel out.
                                No need for some stupid free facial and end up with a bad outbreak + unnecessary stress.

Comment

Working...
                                X