No announcement yet.

Make up for Tan girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shimmery olive greens like urban decay chains are nice!

Comment

use bronzing powder! those models with a tan, has those shimmery to-die-for look!

Comment

turquoise color looks great on us. i'm also a very tanned gal.. but i read before in mag that dark colors dun suit asian skins.. so i'm still wonderin whether to get dark colors.. and also i feel that tanned gals could use a little shimmer to enhance their tan.. like bronze or sth looks good on out skin.. =) HTH..

Comment

i have to say this... turquoise is the ULTIMATE colour for tanned skin... gosh.. it really brings my color out man... ppl even complimented me when i wear turquoise.... what bout hot pink clothing??

Comment

hot pink too!

fuchsia/bright purple e/s is nice too.

Comment

Make-up for darker skin tones

Hi! i'm a cosmetic junkie... been on the lookout for good foundations and powders to complement darker skin tones. It's pretty tough to find good brands. Any recommendations?

Comment

hi hi! i personally feel that MAC has a good range of foundation tones esp for us wih darker skin tones... Sometimes it might be a little hard for darker skinned girls to get the right shade. We'll turn out either, hmm, 'mouldy' looking or with a face 5 tones lighter than the rest of the body! .. I am a MAC NC35. Used to use Chanel two way powders but somehow, I just can't get the shade right... I would go pasty at times... Just my humble opinion!

Comment

Hmm, if some LF are too light, you can try to use a darker LP.

Hee hee. that's what I did this morning when I used a sample of LP that was too light.

Comment

Welcome to CC, wani Please do a self-intro in CozyLounge when you can

Likely MAC is the brand as they offer vibrant colours. Not sure if www.specktra.net would help as the brands recommended may only be available in the States. They have a forum espectially for darker skin tones:

http://www.specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=270

Comment

Glossie: True... but its quite hard to get really darker tones eg like NC45 or darker...

Used to have prescriptives where they can help blend accodring to your skin tone, but too bad they're no longer on our shores...

Comment

A shame indeed, Queen Bee.. How about Clinique?

Comment

Queen Bee : my friends used to have the same problem too, the foundation colour is correct, but the tone makes them "pasty". then we found out that it's because the 'undertone' of the foundations don't really suit asian skins, but that can be corrected by an soft application of lavender (to look more rosy) contour powder before putting on the foundation.

hths

Comment

when i was very very tanned (due to frequent netballing), i liked to dust shimmer powder on my cheeks and nose bridge and sometimes on my forehead. if the shimmer is fine enough, you will look really dewy and nicely-bronzed!

too bad the effect does not show up so much if one is fairer..

Comment

i'm pretty tanned and i use GA luminous silk in number 6. it works for me

Comment

prettyeagle : agree with you, my shimmery make-up always look much much better on my sister (who's quite tanned). while they're mostly lost on me.... so unfair!!

Comment

Working...
                                X