X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossie
    replied
    Welcome to CC, wani Please do a self-intro in CozyLounge when you can

Likely MAC is the brand as they offer vibrant colours. Not sure if www.specktra.net would help as the brands recommended may only be available in the States. They have a forum espectially for darker skin tones:

http://www.specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=270

Leave a comment:

• whitefurryears
    replied
    Hmm, if some LF are too light, you can try to use a darker LP.

Hee hee. that's what I did this morning when I used a sample of LP that was too light.

Leave a comment:

• Queen Bee
    replied
    hi hi! i personally feel that MAC has a good range of foundation tones esp for us wih darker skin tones... Sometimes it might be a little hard for darker skinned girls to get the right shade. We'll turn out either, hmm, 'mouldy' looking or with a face 5 tones lighter than the rest of the body! .. I am a MAC NC35. Used to use Chanel two way powders but somehow, I just can't get the shade right... I would go pasty at times... Just my humble opinion!

Leave a comment:

• wani
    replied
    Make-up for darker skin tones

Hi! i'm a cosmetic junkie... been on the lookout for good foundations and powders to complement darker skin tones. It's pretty tough to find good brands. Any recommendations?

Leave a comment:

• thehenofdoom
    replied
    hot pink too!

fuchsia/bright purple e/s is nice too.

Leave a comment:

• xmanchuriax
    replied
    i have to say this... turquoise is the ULTIMATE colour for tanned skin... gosh.. it really brings my color out man... ppl even complimented me when i wear turquoise.... what bout hot pink clothing??

Leave a comment:

• beach angel
    replied
    turquoise color looks great on us. i'm also a very tanned gal.. but i read before in mag that dark colors dun suit asian skins.. so i'm still wonderin whether to get dark colors.. and also i feel that tanned gals could use a little shimmer to enhance their tan.. like bronze or sth looks good on out skin.. =) HTH..

Leave a comment:

• Connexion
    replied
    use bronzing powder! those models with a tan, has those shimmery to-die-for look!

Leave a comment:

• thehenofdoom
    replied
    shimmery olive greens like urban decay chains are nice!

Leave a comment:

• Phis
    replied
    Finally decided to give green a try. Bought "fog" and "plum" from inouvi yesterday. Absolutely love it! Never knew my skin could carry green. Think I will go back and buy more coours next month!

Leave a comment:

• Zee
    replied
    I'm a MAC NC 43, and i'm liking orangey hues, bronze, browns and golds right now. A little sad that i can't use my lighter greens now that i'm darker. Sigh.

Leave a comment:

• thehenofdoom
    replied
    i think i'm darker than you, and purple looks good on me. you have to look around. mac creme de violet didn't look good on me, but hepcat does, and so does violet divin from bourjois and some purple things from i nuovi.

Leave a comment:

• Phis
    replied
    Originally posted by kestrel
    i'm a MAC NC37 or BB Warm Beige so i think that's quite dark? most colors in my palette are greens, pink, burgundy, taupe, purple and gold. they work pretty well. blue is very tricky. got to use a good base and a very pigmented e/s color.
    i can never do purple. it'll make me looks like i got punched in the eye.

in fact, i find that it is very diff to get colours looking like colours on me. haha....coz so tan...all the colours just doesn't stands out on my skin.

Leave a comment:

• thehenofdoom
    replied
    yeah, that's the annoying thing about foundations in singapore.

for stila's tinted moisturiser i use warm. i'm bb honey.

pastel pistachio green looks good on me. turquoise and teal blues do too. light shimmery/sparkly shades look much better than pastel ones. yes, stila kitten is lovely.

Leave a comment:

• kestrel
    replied
    i'm a MAC NC37 or BB Warm Beige so i think that's quite dark? most colors in my palette are greens, pink, burgundy, taupe, purple and gold. they work pretty well. blue is very tricky. got to use a good base and a very pigmented e/s color.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X