X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missm
    replied
    Originally posted by Queen Bee View Post
    missm: very very good range of stuff indeed for the reference for the rest of the 'hitam manis' ladies! but pardon my ignorance, are some of those stuff only available offshore & the internet?
    Thanks Queen Bee Yes, some of those items such as Stephane Marais, Jane Iredale, and Sue Devitt are available on the internet (mainly ebay). I get most of my cosmetics through CPs anyhow though as it's quite expensive here in Australia.

Leave a comment:

• zjaninez
    replied
    missm

BB- warm natural: this suits me the best. Unfortunately the formula did not agree with my skin.

Stila - E: This is also good; no significant line of 'demarkcation' between my jawline and neck. But this has a tendency to oxidise on me.

Armani - MSF6.5: The thicker consistency of this foundation tend to make it look slightly cakey. But I like it for evening use when I need to attend dinner in low light restaurants. The 'cakeniess' isn't that obvious and colour match is pretty good although I wouldn't say its the best.

Kanebo Revue - yellow-based D: This is a perfect colour fit! And I love that it doesn't oxidise on me even in 95% humidity. Coverage is rather sheer though.

Here's a website that may help in choosing foundation colours for various brands.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/chiaxx/foundation.html

Leave a comment:

• Queen Bee
    replied
    missm: very very good range of stuff indeed for the reference for the rest of the 'hitam manis' ladies! but pardon my ignorance, are some of those stuff only available offshore & the internet?

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    shimmery eyeshadows will work better on tanned skins, i realized the shimmers don't really show up on my skin

Leave a comment:

• pinotnoir
    replied
    one colour that i just love using is MAC Pigment in Melon together. It is a nice peachy gold. I use it with a darker more reddish gold on the outside of my lid.

for clubbing sometimes, I usually use MAC shimmermoss, chartruese and lucky jade shadestick which is my green look

Leave a comment:

• missm
    replied
    That's great zjaninez! But which shades of those foundations do/did you find best?

Leave a comment:

• zjaninez
    replied
    I'm NC35 and I've found pretty good fit with the following foundations:-

Bobbi Brown oil-free foundation (although this breaks me out, colour match was good)
    Kanebo's Revue
    Stila Whitening Compact
    Estee Lauder Double Wear
    Giorgio Armani Matte Silk Foundation

As I've got rather pigmented eyelids, so eye shadows usually turn ashy on me. A good eye base helps. My current rave is Lunasol's eye base which doesn't crease and helps e/s shows up rather well. I also like Stila's e/s.

Leave a comment:

• missm
    replied
    Hi ladies

I'm of the tanned skin variety also! Actually 'hitam manis' best describes my skintone and these are a few of the foundation/base shades that best suits me after much of trial and error!

Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation-Suntan Beige
    Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser-Almond
    MAC NC42
    MAC Face & Body foundation C6 (this is so sheer that I can get away wearing C6!)
    stila Illuminating Powder Foundation 70 watts
    stila foundation g
    Stephane Marais creme foundation O5 (in the off chance you can find this on ebay!)
    Jane Iredale Pressed Powder foundation Latte
    Chantecaille Future Skin-Sand
    Becca LSC Bamboo
    Becca Stick Foundation Toffee
    Sue Devitt foundations Nullarbor Plain (again ebay is your best bet for really cheap Sue Devitt!)

That's all I can remember at this point-I'll update this post whenever I remember more

I think it would be helpful if other tanned gals would do the same so that we could all use this as a reference!

Leave a comment:

• Queen Bee
    replied
    somehow darker girls with warm toned skin ( i like to call them bronzed goddesses.. hehheh! because bronze is sooooo hot with them..) can take stuff like shimmers and bronzers..

karya: i think of adding green/lavender/yellow a little bit of a hassle in the sense i still have to put concealer, then the correcter, base, moisturiser, so on and so forth.. or maybe i am just a bit lazy

Glossie: its really really a shame to have only so few brands that carries a good range of foundations/powders. Clinique I have yet to see their powders that can go really dark and have the warm/cool undertones.

Leave a comment:

• karya
    replied
    prettyeagle : agree with you, my shimmery make-up always look much much better on my sister (who's quite tanned). while they're mostly lost on me.... so unfair!!

Leave a comment:

• twinkle-belle
    replied
    i'm pretty tanned and i use GA luminous silk in number 6. it works for me

Leave a comment:

• prettyeagle
    replied
    when i was very very tanned (due to frequent netballing), i liked to dust shimmer powder on my cheeks and nose bridge and sometimes on my forehead. if the shimmer is fine enough, you will look really dewy and nicely-bronzed!

too bad the effect does not show up so much if one is fairer..

Leave a comment:

• karya
    replied
    Queen Bee : my friends used to have the same problem too, the foundation colour is correct, but the tone makes them "pasty". then we found out that it's because the 'undertone' of the foundations don't really suit asian skins, but that can be corrected by an soft application of lavender (to look more rosy) contour powder before putting on the foundation.

hths

Leave a comment:

• Glossie
    replied
    A shame indeed, Queen Bee.. How about Clinique?

Leave a comment:

• Queen Bee
    replied
    Glossie: True... but its quite hard to get really darker tones eg like NC45 or darker...

Used to have prescriptives where they can help blend accodring to your skin tone, but too bad they're no longer on our shores...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X