No announcement yet.

Hair curler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's an online spree selling babyliss products. Really good price, much cheaper. I just bought from them.

http://loveneedwant.spaces.live.com/...px?sa=51305399

Comment

• Wanted to get this initially, is selling in Msia about $70, ended up i bought the Pro titatium which is the newer generation which claim give a better shine on hair than the ceramic.

This the one i have

Comment

• Originally posted by ChanceuxS View Post
        jerejoy Are we using the same model? Let me show you mine for you to check!

Babyliss in 32mm or 1 1/4 inches.

I really didn't apply anything on my hair bef & after curling. Due to the fact that I'm still very thrilled about this new toy, I curl my hair after I wash and blow dry my hair every night bef I sleep

But before I explain my layman method on curling, this is how it looked like when I wake up - I curled them at ard 2230hrs the prev night & I woke up at ard 1200hrs

This is the temperature range at the back of the box where they advise you on which temp you should set according to your hair type. I've got very fine hair and I didn't dye my hair or done any highlights bef, I use 180degs. If you refer to the first pic, you can see a LCD screen right at the top of the 2 buttons on the handle, mine work by pressing +/- to go to the temp you want, not 1-10.

You said you used 19, can you check what temp does 19 correspond to? I'm not sure whether you have a LCD screen too, but when I set it to 180deg, the 180 on the screen will blink and stop when it reaches 180. I don't use any clips or pins like the videos shown on the Lucidol-L website, I just divide my hair into half and work from the part furthest from my face for each side and flip them to the back once I'm done with it (I don't have a lot of hair to work with in the first place so if you have a lot of hair, then maybe you need clips to hold them up).

I work with 1-inch in width (approx.) of hair each time. Depending on what kind of curls you want to achieve, the curling direction and the position of the tongs vary. I'll need more than 1 page to explain. I only need 5s for each part. In total, I only need approx 10mins for my whole head. In this aspect, I think Babyliss's very efficient.

This is what I've curled tonight. Again, no styling products on my hair at all & my hair is not dry after curling at all. This is my 3rd time curling and I'm getting the hang of it (I think!). I curled all the way up this time and with the tongs setting in the vertical position every time. I curled both inwards & outwards for more volume. Except for the top part of my head, I'll always curl it in the inwards direction so that you have a nice "bobbing effect".

I hope you understand what I'm talking about. I'm still experimenting with my new toy too. I'm looking at magazines and trying to replicate those curls that I like!!
        Mine was the golden color one that I bought from preciousia. Not sure if it's me or the equipment problem. I think yrs is better than mine. I tried today again but can't even stay for 2 hours despite setting to v high temp.

Comment

• Originally posted by shen0005 View Post
          There's an online spree selling babyliss products. Really good price, much cheaper. I just bought from them.

http://loveneedwant.spaces.live.com/...px?sa=51305399
          Hi,

Is yr curl lasting? I also bought from preciousia too. Just collected it from her.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutiepie View Post

Wanted to get this initially, is selling in Msia about $70, ended up i bought the Pro titatium which is the newer generation which claim give a better shine on hair than the ceramic.

This the one i have
            Hi cutiepie,

Where did u buy this? It looks v chic!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerejoy View Post
              Hi cutiepie,

Where did u buy this? It looks v chic!
              jerejoy I think u r confused by the influx of so many pics. The 1st pic with the green bckgrd belongs to me. The one cutiepie posted was the cordless curler from Braun. Hths!

Comment

• cutiepie
                the problem with the cordless ones is that they use thermacell...
                like a battery that can get really expensive to buy.
                Something like $10 a thermacell.
                Works out really expensive in the long run.

fatcheeks
                OMGosh u cut your hair? how short is it now?
                I suppose you can still curl it.
                Wavy short hair still looks very cute!

Sedona
                it's hard to use a straightener to curl. i prefer to use the straightener to straighten and curler to curl

kny4eva
                Jose eber only has 19mm and 25mm curlers
                Babyliss has 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, 38mm

ChanceuxS
                Your hair looks beautiful and shiny!

jerejoy
                how come your curls last only 2 hrs?
                can advise how you curl your hair?

Batzmaru0505
                You can order thru this spree here:
                http://loveneedwant.spaces.live.com/...866B!260.entry

cinderalla85
                yup. Babyliss spree still going on

initialbeaute
                Cheapest way is to buy the Babyliss thru' spree, costs abt $70.
                Alternatively, you can buy on ebay for $100
                http://shop.ebay.com.sg/i.html?LH_Pr...=p3286.c0.m283
                You can buy in Orchard at Cineleisure. costs $129
                Last edited by preciousia; 13-09-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by preciousia View Post
                  ChanceuxS
                  Your hair looks beautiful and shiny!
                  preciousia thanks gal!

Comment

• Babyliss is actually a brand from Paris France. Wonder if they got more interesting different items there

Comment

• Yes, I saw a lot of diff styling tools on display. Those for straightening of cos, for frizzy hair, for making yr hair surface like this ^^^^^, for brushing (bristles that roll machanically), etc. All under babyliss. I should think the whole range is there. Just that there are 3 major stores having the distribution rights from Babyliss and they are selling at diff prices for the same thing like the curler I bought, there's actually as much as 10? diff!! I bought it at the one which I think should be the one with the lowest selling price.

Comment

• i think i will get 25 mm instead..i prefer tighter curls bcos even when they loosen up by end of the day,it will not look too obvious..still has the waves..but can i create a bigger waves like chanceuXS with a 25mm barrel?

i was wondering how u girls curl without the clip thingy..looking at the pic makes me panic..do u have to hold the end of ur hair?
                        Last edited by kny4eva; 14-09-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• ChanceuxS

wow. so cool!
                          but at the end of the day, all i need is a straightener and curler.. the rest are all gimmicks right?

did you see the conical wands by Babyliss?

i like that the tip is cool to touch! more safe.

Comment

• preciousia: i cut my hair into a bob.

Comment

• I wish to get a Jose Eber curler from the push cart at Vivocity. I heard they give huge discounts for people who buy two at one go. Is that true? I dont mind going down with another cotter and "sharing" the deal.

Anyone?

Comment

• juicylips: i want too but was wondering how do i curl without the clip..

Comment

Working...
                                X