No announcement yet.

Hair curler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel that my hair ends are not curled very prettily with jose eber cos my hair's layered, so either my shorter hair ends slip out of my fingers or my longer hair ends are not curled properly. anyway around it?

Comment

• Hi,

May I know how long the babybliss curler takes to get heated up? Is it very fast? 1 min?

Thks. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by preciousia View Post
        ChanceuxS

wow. so cool!
        but at the end of the day, all i need is a straightener and curler.. the rest are all gimmicks right?

did you see the conical wands by Babyliss?

i like that the tip is cool to touch! more safe.
        preciousia I wouldn't say they are gimmicks cos this street is being patronised by professional hairstylists who buy them for their shops so it may be redundant for us but vital to their ricebowl All those big salon size bottles of shampoos, conditioners, treatment masks, and full range of hair dyes. I even saw hair extensions, hair clips, down to the appointment book used in salons!

Yes, I noticed the conical wands cos of their striking colour. I didn't know it's call the conical wand! I tried curlers like this bef but I don't like the end results.

Comment

• Originally posted by winkabelle View Post
          Hi,

May I know how long the babybliss curler takes to get heated up? Is it very fast? 1 min?

Thks. :D
          Yes, it's very fast. I set it at 180degs and it took around a min. +/- a few secs cos I didn't go and time it with a stopwatch If you set it at the max i.e. 200degs, it may need a few more secs. Hths!

Comment

• Originally posted by fatcheeks View Post
            preciousia: i cut my hair into a bob.
            ur long hair looks gd too..
            maybe when it grows out again!

Comment

• winkabelle
              The Babyliss curlers heats up in less than a min! it's so super fast that i do'nt bother counting.
              Usually, I turn the curler on, section my hair and start curling

ChanceuxS
              i still think they are gimmicks coz at the end of the day, hairdressers here don't use those funny gadgets. I've seen some really gimmicky ones.. probably not from Babyliss professional range.
              What other hair products does Babyliss do?
              I am guessing the shampoo you mention is not produced by Babyliss right?

I've tried something similar to the conical wand (Jose Eber)...but i dont like it too.

Comment

• preciousia Babyliss's range of products include hairdryers, pro hairdryers, straightening hairdryers, straightening irons, multistylers, air stylers, rollers, electric & wax eplilators, hair brushes & accessories, gadgets for mani/pedicure, weighing scales etc. They have the men series too like shavers.

Babyliss doesn't have shampoos. Those that I saw are Schwarzkopf, L'oreal, Sebastein, Keratase, etc.

Comment

cutiepie
                  the problem with the cordless ones is that they use thermacell...
                  like a battery that can get really expensive to buy.
                  Something like $10 a thermacell.
                  Works out really expensive in the long run.

fatcheeks
                  OMGosh u cut your hair? how short is it now?
                  I suppose you can still curl it.
                  Wavy short hair still looks very cute!

Sedona
                  it's hard to use a straightener to curl. i prefer to use the straightener to straighten and curler to curl

kny4eva
                  Jose eber only has 19mm and 25mm curlers
                  Babyliss has 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, 38mm

ChanceuxS
                  Your hair looks beautiful and shiny!

jerejoy
                  how come your curls last only 2 hrs?
                  can advise how you curl your hair?

Batzmaru0505
                  You can order thru this spree here:
                  http://loveneedwant.spaces.live.com/...866B!260.entry

cinderalla85
                  yup. Babyliss spree still going on

initialbeaute
                  Cheapest way is to buy the Babyliss thru' spree, costs abt $70.
                  Alternatively, you can buy on ebay for $100
                  http://shop.ebay.com.sg/i.html?LH_Pr...=p3286.c0.m283
                  You can buy in Orchard at Cineleisure. costs $129
                  Preciousia,

I did the same method that u hv taught me but still can't last. Not sure if it's me or the equipment. Oh yes, I still have not received the converter. Can I know if u have sent to me?

Btw, is babyliss manufactured by Conair? I don't see Babyliss logo on the curler but ChanceuxS's babyliss curler has the brand on her curler. I tried finding it on the babyliss website but I couldn't find this curler too.

Quite disappointed with this curler.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChanceuxS View Post
                    jerejoy I think u r confused by the influx of so many pics. The 1st pic with the green bckgrd belongs to me. The one cutiepie posted was the cordless curler from Braun. Hths!
                    Hi ChanceuxS,

Haha! Yes, I have mixed them up. Thanks!

Comment

• ChanceuxS
                      yeah, have seen some of those products online.
                      something similar to the Conair company

jerejoy
                      There could be many factors that could result in your curls not lasting...
                      Eg. heat setting, even contact with curler, technique, sectioning your hair, products used, quantity of product used, hair texture etc....
                      If you are interested, i could emailed you some hair curling tips
                      For the best results, you could bring it to the hair stylist and let him/her show you the proper way to use it.

Have mailed out the converter via normal post on 14th Sep Monday at Toa Payoh Post Office to you.
                      Have emailed you the details.
                      You should have received it by Wednesday.
                      If you still have not received it, let me check with the post office to locate the parcel for you.
                      If the parcel is lost, we can meetup on Sat afternoon, i can pass another converter to you at Pasir Ris.

Conair is the parent company of Babyliss in US.
                      Babyliss logo is not on the curler but on the box.
                      The difference is that it is a USA edition which is dual voltage.
                      Babyliss internet website only shows products from UK and Europe since the Babyliss is from Paris.
                      Last edited by preciousia; 18-09-2009, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Wow! I didn't know Conair's the parent company of Babyliss! My curler comes with dual voltage too! Make it easy for travelling!

Comment

ChanceuxS
                          yeah, have seen some of those products online.
                          something similar to the Conair company

jerejoy
                          There could be many factors that could result in your curls not lasting...
                          Eg. heat setting, even contact with curler, technique, sectioning your hair, products used, quantity of product used, hair texture etc....
                          If you are interested, i could emailed you some hair curling tips
                          For the best results, you could bring it to the hair stylist and let him/her show you the proper way to use it.

Have mailed out the converter via normal post on 14th Sep Monday at Toa Payoh Post Office to you.
                          Have emailed you the details.
                          You should have received it by Wednesday.
                          If you still have not received it, let me check with the post office to locate the parcel for you.
                          If the parcel is lost, we can meetup on Sat afternoon, i can pass another converter to you at Pasir Ris.

Conair is the parent company of Babyliss in US.
                          Babyliss logo is not on the curler but on the box.
                          The difference is that it is a USA edition which is dual voltage.
                          Babyliss internet website only shows products from UK and Europe since the Babyliss is from Paris.
                          Preciousia,

I have received the converter yesterday. Thanks for mailing over and it's nicely packed.

I tried using the products and methods that u taught me and they lasted prob 4 hrs? I use the Chi Silk Infusion, Apply Tresemme Curl activator Spray and then apply Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture after curl. But I have to say it is very nice when they are curled. The size that u recommended was just nice. But it is not lasting.

Comment

• jerejoy
                            Try more hair spray! Maybe you need more holding power!
                            After curling. Spray your entire head with hairspray.
                            Shake your curls out, then gently separate waves for a pieced, tousled look. Add the Shine serum then spray again with a strong-hold hairspray.

Also, you may wanna try to use the cool blast setting of your hair dryer to cool the curls after you have curled them. Coz they can still loose their shape when they are hot.
                            how long do you hold the curler for each section curled?

hmm, was the post office slow or did you pick it up from the post office only recently?
                            Coz the parcel will be too big (after bubble wrapping) to fit into your letterbox.

ChanceuxS
                            am not sure if conair is the parent of babyliss in europe though. they have an umbrella of many other salon brands under Conair as well...eg Jilbere de Paris
                            Last edited by preciousia; 20-09-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• it isnt good to spray too much hair sprays or hair products on the hair unnecessarily. it will cause accumulated gunk on the hair & gradually lead to hair lost. a good curler or straightener only needs a heat protectant to enable u to last whole day. if u need more hair spray to hold the style then the quality of the curler or straightener is much doubted.

Comment

• Renie
                                Apart from hairspray, hair products, even shampoo & conditioner can accumulate on your hair.
                                That problem is easily solved by using a good clarifying shampoo to get rid of product build up and other chemicals like chlorine.
                                There are also many DIY tutorials on Hair Buildup using vinegar/baking solar.
                                See http://www.ehow.com/how_5162486_inex...-build-up.html

Big curls generally have a bigger chance of getting loosed compared to smaller curls.
                                If i compare the effect from a 32mm and a 25mm curler.
                                The 25mm can last the whole day without any hairspray or products but the effect from the 25mm is too tight for my liking.
                                If i use the 32mm, it can last the whole day too with some help from styling products.

Many other reasons could result in the curls not lasting, eg technique, hair texture, heat setting.

I hear Japanese girls actually carry around portable curlers to touch up on their curls on the go. So i guess you are not alone in trying to maintain this big curls look

ChanceuxS
                                yeah the dual voltage function makes it very convenient to bring it around for travelling
                                Last edited by preciousia; 20-09-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X