No announcement yet.

Hair curler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it will end up a vicious cycle if you pile unneccessary products onto your hair & then try to clarify it by using a clarifying shampoo. Then in the 1st place I would rather use a good curler & heat protectant instead of piling potential gunk build up sprays and go through the trouble of removing it when in some cases the damage can be permanent.

Some curlers/straighteners like the Jose Eber,GHD & Braun one are far better in holding the shape & curls of the hair WITHOUT spraying any hair sprays or holding products even in our humid weathers. Babybliss really suck bigtime when I tried it previously even though its cheaper than Jose Eber but definitely NOT WORTH the damage & money paid. Not forgetting Jose Eber has lifetime guarantee & other brands like Braun are easily reached at their service centres.
    Its not about the size of the curlers but the quality of the plates on the curlers or straigteners. in the Babybliss experience I had its really u pay peanuts u get monkeys

jerejoy from my experience, dont waste your time & $$$ with babybliss anymore if you do not like it.Many other brands wins it handsdown!

Last edited by Renie; 20-09-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Preciousia,

It was in my mailbox. My hubby opens the mailbox everyday. Maybe it was late in delivery? Anyway, it fitted nicely. Thanks!

Renie,

I do agree with u too. I think Jose Eber really lives up to its name. I have a frd who is using it and she also never apply lots of products and her curls last. I think this particular model of babyliss doesn't suit me. It seems like ChanceuxS's babyliss is so much better and of a higher quality. Maybe becos there's the brand on the curler. haha! Think I will buy Jose Eber curler to try out.

Comment

• When we do sprees for Jose Eber, we can get it at about the same price as Babyliss
        When you buy Babyliss at retail, it costs the same as Jose Eber/Braun.

FYI, Babyliss is not a cheap brand, on the contrary, they have got good reputation in the professional hairstyling industry in Europe.
        The reason we get Babyliss cheap is because we get them at wholesale price without paying the middle man.
        As in my previous post, the Babyliss has was Number 1 Instyle Magazine Award for the Hair Curler 3 years in a row.
        http://www.babylisspro.co.uk/news/vi...wards---again-

You can get buildup from natural hair oils, dirt, shampoo, conditioner even when you don't use hair styling products. It is good practice to use a clarifying shampoo once in a while to clean your hair and scalp in order to have healthy hair.

I have used both Jose Eber and Babyliss curler.
        To be fair, i will compare a 25mm Jose Eber curler and a 25mm Babyliss curler.
        Have chosen to compare size 25mm as Jose Eber does not have 32mm or bigger.

The most obvious difference is the Jose Eber curler is clipless while the Babyliss comes with a clip.

Ease of Use

With the Jose Eber, i need to wear a pair of gloves so i won't burn my hands while i twirl my hair around the curler. I didn't like the clipless feature for the Jose Eber as i ended up with yucky 1" straight ends. Even with the gloves, i could still feel the heat from the curler and definitely could not touch the barrel otherwise i will burn myself. With the gloves, i found it hard to section and hold my hair.

I find the Babyliss clip feature tricky to use initially but once i get the hang of it, it made life a lot easier!
        It was easy to curl short layers of hair as well (eg. fringe).
        I like the clip feature as it made it easier for me to control.

Safety
        I burnt myself with Jose Eber on the face. The clipless curler is more dangerous for me.
        With the Babyliss it was safer since it had the clip feature and the cool tip. I had better control to curl the hair away from my face.

Curler quality
        Both curlers are ceramic and very good quality.
        I like the Babyliss adjustable heat setting feature.
        Jose Eber only has 1 heat setting which is ok for me since i have thick hair but i would imagine too hot for someone with finer hair.

Curls lasting
        Curled using both Jose Eber and Babyliss with heat protector and no other styling products.
        My curls lasted all day with both the Jose Eber and the Babyliss.
        Similar results from both brands.

Beauty of Curl
        My Babyliss curler gave me more beautiful curls as compared to Jose Eber.
        The Jose Eber curls were not rolled out as nice. This could be because of technique.

Aftereffects on hair
        The Jose eber curler actually made my hair more dry compared to the Babyliss curler.
        After curling my hair, i always do moisture/protein hair mask.

Conclusion
        I like Babyliss more as it is easier to use, give more beautiufl curls and less drying on my hair. Most important, it was safer to use for me. The Jose Eber was sold after finding a happy home.

Personally, i don't like the 25mm size as much as the curls are too tight.
        My favourite is still 32mm.

I guess we all have different preferences and needs.
        Hope this helps
        Last edited by preciousia; 21-09-2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by preciousia View Post
          When we do sprees for Jose Eber, we can get it at about the same price as Babyliss

FYI, Babyliss is not a cheap brand, on the contrary, they have got good reputation in the professional hairstyling industry in Europe.
          The reason we get Babyliss cheap is because we get them at wholesale price without paying the middle man.
          As in my previous post, the Babyliss has was Number 1 Instyle Magazine Award for the Hair Curler 3 years in a row.

You can get buildup from natural hair oils, dirt, shampoo, conditioner even when you don't use hair styling products. It is good practice to use a clarifying shampoo once in a while to clean your hair and scalp in order to have healthy hair.

The most obvious difference is the Jose Eber curler is clipless while the Babyliss comes with a clip.

Ease of Use

With the Jose Eber, i need to wear a pair of gloves so i won't burn my hands while i twirl my hair around the curler. I didn't like the clipless feature for the Jose Eber as i ended up with yucky 1" straight ends. Even with the gloves, i could still feel the heat from the curler and definitely could not touch the barrel otherwise i will burn myself. With the gloves, i found it hard to section and hold my hair.

I find the Babyliss clip feature tricky to use initially but once i get the hang of it, it made life a lot easier!

Safety
          I burnt myself with Jose Eber on the face. The clipless curler is more dangerous for me.
          With the Babyliss it was safer since it had the clip feature and the cool tip. I had better control to curl the hair away from my face.

Curler quality
          Jose Eber only has 1 heat setting which is ok for me since i have thick hair but i would imagine too hot for someone with finer hair.

Curls lasting
          Curled using both Jose Eber and Babyliss with heat protector and no other styling products.

Beauty of Curl
          The Jose Eber curls were not rolled out as nice. This could be because of technique.

Aftereffects on hair
          The Jose eber curler actually made my hair more dry compared to the Babyliss curler.

Conclusion
          I like Babyliss more as it is easier to use, have more beautiufl curls and less drying on my hair. The Jose Eber was sold after finding a happy home.

Hope this helps
          I do agree that we have different preferences and opinions in choosing the curler. I also don't deny the fact that Babyliss is a gd brand since it has won awards shown in the website. But it might be that particular model that has won awards, ie Babyliss Pro. The one that I got is Babyliss not Babyliss Pro shown in the box. As for the curler itself, there isn't the brand babyliss not to mention Babyliss Pro. It only shown Conair? Maybe as u mentioned, it's the parent brand but not the exact model that has won the award.

Glad that it works for u.

Comment

• jerejoy
            Actually the model we bought also won the Instyle awards.
            We are using the Babyliss Pro model.
            See cutout of the magazine here:
            http://img17.imageshack.us/i/instyle...nereduced.jpg/

Last edited by preciousia; 22-09-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Preciousia : pardon me for being blunt but I have been reading this thread before & after I got my hair tools. There has been many more negative reviews about the babybliss tools than any other brands.Each time someone comes in to give a review if it so happens to be a negative one you will jump straight up to defend it.
              I think its rather unethical & dishonest to do so just because you are a babybliss seller yourself.
              I have heard alot about your sale tactics from buyers who end up not liking their products and even your own friends have much to comment about your unethical hard sell methods with the intention of getting more cotters to buy the babybliss from you.

I hope by posting this up here it allows cotters who still do not know your real intentions of *pushing* cotters to buy the babybliss claming how good it is despite many negative reviews by users to see the situation clearly once & for all

True that everyone has a freedom of choice but pushing your business agenda here too far irks people esp when it has been a proven fact to many that the Babybliss tool no matter how cheap or expensive is INDEED far more inferior than other brands

Jerejoy : I am sure you are not the only one who feels the way... just that many are unspoken. getting customers to use more hair sprays to justify a not so good hair tool sounds absurd to me

Originally posted by preciousia View Post
              When we do sprees for Jose Eber, we can get it at about the same price as Babyliss

Ease of Use

Safety

Curler quality

Curls lasting

Beauty of Curl

Aftereffects on hair

Conclusion
              I like Babyliss more as it is easier to use, give more beautiufl curls and less drying on my hair. Most important, it was safer to use for me. The Jose Eber was sold after finding a happy home.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Renie
                There is no need to get vindictive.
                you leave me no choice but to defend myself from your slanderous remarks.

Firstly, I don't sell Babyliss or own shares in the company.
                If anyone buys more Babyliss as a results of my sharing, Babyliss shareholders gain, not me.

Personally, I like the product which is why i am sharing with you all.
                Hair curling can be very tricky, as i have experienced.
                In fact, the discussions in this forum have involved sharing tips about hair curling in general as well.

My personal life is kept separate from the forum, so i am not sure what bogus "friends" you mean.

I am helping others who are interested in the product to share postage, not sell. All the transactions are transparent to all spreers.
                I definitely do not hard sell anything to anyone. Neither have i been unethical or dishonest.

My reviews here are based on my own experiences as you have shared yours. No agenda coz i have nothing to gain either.
                People choose out of their free choice.

Have noticed my hairstylist use quite a lot of hairspray.
                Watched alot of youtube videos with some famous video bloggers who have used hairspray to help hold their curls. Tips taken from professionals (as well as Babyliss tips online)

Anyways.
                The best neutral gauge that I am not alone in my opinion that Babyliss rocks are the Awards won by Babyliss.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerejoy View Post
                  It seems like ChanceuxS's babyliss is so much better and of a higher quality. Maybe becos there's the brand on the curler. haha! Think I will buy Jose Eber curler to try out.
                  jerejoy Gal, you made me chuckled when i read "Maybe becos there's the brand on the curler" statement!

Just to share what I've seen in Paris - I didn't want to make a trip specially to that particular street just to get the Babyliss curler. I went to the nearest electronic appliances store "Darty" which happened to be within walking distance from where i live and it also happened to be the biggest store they have in France. They DO sell Babyliss curlers but all below 32mm & they are NOT from the PRO series. Of cos, the packaging box doesn't print the word "PRO" either, as opposed from the pic I took from mine.

I should think that no matter where you buy it from, there will be a difference somewhere between the "normal" & "Pro" series when it comes to the information printed on the box. Just my 2 cents.

I don't like to apply or spray anything on my hair either, which is what I clarified when I posted my hair curling pics. If not for the fact that I saw my regular Japanese hair stylist here using it on my hair, I wouldn't have know they have the 32mm curler and where to get it. I'd have just asked my friends in Japan to get one with dual voltage and send it to me by post instead (since the Japanese are like the "ancestors" to all these curling business or anything related to vanity)

I think Cozycot is for us all to share & exchange information, I've been here for close to 5 yrs (though most of the time as a ghost reader but share if I really have the info at hand ) , I truly benefitted & learnt a lot from it, let's not spoil the harmony here .

Comment

• after reading much abt reviews on babyliss n jose eber,i'm not sure whether i wnt to get the jose eber now..only reason y i want to get JE,bcos of the long lasting curls...does different type of babyliss curler gives different effect?i'm kinda confused at the moment...so the one u guys have been spreeing on is which model?or is there any better model out there?

Comment

• You got your Babybliss from a cheaper source & you marked up the prices while showing innocent cotters the link to the more expensive Babybliss.You call that not profiting from there? Crap & lies about you just sharing postage.You are not sure what friends I am talking about or you are afraid to admit it?

Slanderous or not? wait till you see more people exposing your unethical deeds in this forum.That will be the BEST guage to your lies & hardcore attempts to make poor cotters believe your nonsence

Originally posted by preciousia View Post
                      Renie
                      There is no need to get vindictive.
                      you leave me no choice but to defend myself from your slanderous remarks.

Firstly, I don't sell Babyliss or own shares in the company.
                      If anyone buys more Babyliss as a results of my sharing, Babyliss shareholders gain, not me.

Personally, I like the product which is why i am sharing with you all.
                      Hair curling can be very tricky, as i have experienced.
                      In fact, the discussions in this forum have involved sharing tips about hair curling in general as well.

My personal life is kept separate from the forum, so i am not sure what bogus "friends" you mean.

I am helping others who are interested in the product to share postage, not sell. All the transactions are transparent to all spreers.
                      I definitely do not hard sell anything to anyone. Neither have i been unethical or dishonest.

My reviews here are based on my own experiences as you have shared yours. No agenda coz i have nothing to gain either.
                      People choose out of their free choice.

Have noticed my hairstylist use quite a lot of hairspray.
                      Watched alot of youtube videos with some famous video bloggers who have used hairspray to help hold their curls. Tips taken from professionals (as well as Babyliss tips online)

Anyways.
                      The best neutral gauge that I am not alone in my opinion that Babyliss rocks are the Awards won by Babyliss.

Comment

• Agree with you But besides sharing tips & reviews, it is also VERY important for cotters to share & warn each other of unethical sellers who use *sprees*, award winning, JE burned her hand so badly as an excuse to mislead other innocent cotters into believing what may not be that good afterall. Babybliss might be a good brand in general but not forgetting there are the Pro & Normal range which may difer while some dishonesty in seller tend to mislead in order to reap more sales into her pockets

Originally posted by ChanceuxS View Post
                        jerejoy Gal, you made me chuckled when i read "Maybe becos there's the brand on the curler" statement!

Just to share what I've seen in Paris - I didn't want to make a trip specially to that particular street just to get the Babyliss curler. I went to the nearest electronic appliances store "Darty" which happened to be within walking distance from where i live and it also happened to be the biggest store they have in France. They DO sell Babyliss curlers but all below 32mm & they are NOT from the PRO series. Of cos, the packaging box doesn't print the word "PRO" either, as opposed from the pic I took from mine.

I should think that no matter where you buy it from, there will be a difference somewhere between the "normal" & "Pro" series when it comes to the information printed on the box. Just my 2 cents.

I don't like to apply or spray anything on my hair either, which is what I clarified when I posted my hair curling pics. If not for the fact that I saw my regular Japanese hair stylist here using it on my hair, I wouldn't have know they have the 32mm curler and where to get it. I'd have just asked my friends in Japan to get one with dual voltage and send it to me by post instead (since the Japanese are like the "ancestors" to all these curling business or anything related to vanity)

I think Cozycot is for us all to share & exchange information, I've been here for close to 5 yrs (though most of the time as a ghost reader but share if I really have the info at hand ) , I truly benefitted & learnt a lot from it, let's not spoil the harmony here .

Comment

• Originally posted by kny4eva View Post
                          after reading much abt reviews on babyliss n jose eber,i'm not sure whether i wnt to get the jose eber now..only reason y i want to get JE,bcos of the long lasting curls...does different type of babyliss curler gives different effect?i'm kinda confused at the moment...so the one u guys have been spreeing on is which model?or is there any better model out there?
                          Need to know whether JE is better or not? I have tonnes of pictures posted on this thread and showing the different between BB and JE..

If not convinced, here's 2 more pic which shows me using JE 19mm, YES, 19mm to create big curls and without spray to make it last 2 days and longer...

Picture taken using JE 19mm, WITHOUT spray and gel or whatsoever.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ykitty/1-2.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...ykitty/2-1.jpg

In fact, I'm quite sick and tired of warning the cotters here how lousy BB 32mm curler is. I have 1 myself, so I'm not just talking from the JE point of view.

I bought a BB 32mm just to test it out since we have 1 person selling the curler and keep saying its good. We need to give the benefit of the doubt right? BUT BUT BUT, after using it, I wrote a review on the difference and also posted many pictures to justify it. I'm not a seller, I have with my JE, GHD and also a BB, so I have to be fair.

Yet, no matter how hard I tried to warn cotters about how lousy BB is and it could probably be used on badly damaged hair to create the "so-call" bedroom look.. but Im sure all of use wanted to have nice, healthy hair at the same time have the look right?

See the picture and judge it for yourself.

Comment

• I am using jose eber 25mm, altho initially i accidentally burnt my hand using it, the curls it gives me last the whole day, i just use heat protectant spray from liese and the wave up foam after curling~

Comment

• Originally posted by preciousia View Post

Hope this helps
                              I lived in UK and therefore I would have a pretty good idea of the curler market here... BB is not cheap brand, but its not superb too. Its selling pretty cheap in the website here and also selling off the shelf in many many places. Drug stores etc. Indeed a good reputation in the indutry but that doesnt mean that the iron is fantastic.

The curler is economical but you need to compromise to it. Like using tonnes of hair spray and also having very dried, unhealthy looking hair and to make it worst, the curls are not long lasting too. (I have taken pic of myself using it before and after and reviewd it with other curlers)

Nonetheless, Im sure BB is not a bad brand.

Its very nice of you to help the cotters here to review the culers but i think they need to know the truth too. Maybe you have very nice experience using it but not me nor many of my friends. Surprisingly.. and not sure why...

Comment

• Originally posted by sassification View Post
                                I am using jose eber 25mm, altho initially i accidentally burnt my hand using it, the curls it gives me last the whole day, i just use heat protectant spray from liese and the wave up foam after curling~
                                for beginner, its best to use the glove provided, its there for a reason, but slowly when u know how to use it, u can create long lasting curls right?

The result is so good that you simply love using it again and again.

Comment

Working...
                                X