X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to give my scarred skin some salvation

Hi babes!

First, let me do a description of my current skin condition:

I have skin that gets oily VERY easily. Most of the time, less than an hour after I wash my face, the T-zone starts seeing oil beads forming.

I have some angry, angry scars from past zits. Mainly on my cheeks.

The area around the base of my nose is very red all the time and when I apply foundation to that area, you can see that it's very "dry" as it seems to then look like it's peeling. Scrubbing the area and/or moisturising never did help the condition improve.

Despite my skin being so strangely oily, when I apply foundation, I do spot flakes here and there. Like around the mouth, between my brows, chin, sides of nose (and base as mentioned ealier) and temples. I've tried using a scrub and even moisturisers. But none has helped improve the state of the flakey areas. Sometimes, it is more obvious AFTER moisturising.

My acne scars too are dry and flakey. When I apply concealer over, you can clearly see a flap of dried skin over the scar. Again, moisturising does not help at all. Sometimes, thanks to the itchy hand and due to sheer frustration, I'd carefully "peel" the dried skin away. Which leads to exposing some raw skin which looks even redder than the original scar and after concealor application, you can see a "ring" of flakey skin around the "peeled" area.

I need to get my makeup on! But how can I when there are so many things which are stopping me from getting a dewy look? (i can only apply mattifying 2-way foundation cos of my oily skin and I always end up looking so fake and powdery with flakey skin and redness shining through ).

I've tried green correctors to counter redness but guess what? Doesn't work. Also, my pore are so huge, anyone can see them a mile away. My friend was staring at my face the other day and said "i only get those goosebump-ish things(she's referring to my crater pores!) on my face when i'm sweating profusely. How come yours is there 24/7?". Abit tactless but I don't blame her as it's true.

I am trying hard to take care of my complexion now, but at the same time, I do want to go out sporting a nicely made-up face like you girls. I don't want to go out baring my scars and such to all.

How am I to solve all these makeup woes?

Product recommendations will be greatly appreciated too. Like any brand of powder, concealor and such which can help me attain better looking skin. At least cover up more scars and redness, lessen the flakiness and not look so powder-faced.

Thanks all you

Have you tried liquid foundation instead? I used to use Lancome's adaptive liquid foundation when I was on AHA and my skin is dry and peeling all the time. I couldn't use powder ones cause it will look flaky. Perhaps you could give it a try.

Your skin sound like it's dehydrated. It is possible to have oily and dehydrated skin, I have it. Hehe!! Try not to use too harsh scrubs and cleasers on your face, since it's reddish I think it could be sensitive too.

For a cheap way to calm my skin, sometimes I *** apply egg white on it. It repair my pimple scars quite well. Nothing is better than prevention for me. DRX's CF does a great job for me. Hope you find your cure soon.

Comment

if u r having acne breakouts or redness pls refrain from scrubing as it would worsen the condition. i would only advice scrub if your skin condition has stabilized.

avoid makeup . i realised my skin is so much better without it as my pores can get clogged easily if i pile on powder or foundation.
      Last edited by namida; 20-11-2005, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nixxy
        Have you tried liquid foundation instead? I used to use Lancome's adaptive liquid foundation when I was on AHA and my skin is dry and peeling all the time. I couldn't use powder ones cause it will look flaky. Perhaps you could give it a try.

Your skin sound like it's dehydrated. It is possible to have oily and dehydrated skin, I have it. Hehe!! Try not to use too harsh scrubs and cleasers on your face, since it's reddish I think it could be sensitive too.

For a cheap way to calm my skin, sometimes I *** apply egg white on it. It repair my pimple scars quite well. Nothing is better than prevention for me. DRX's CF does a great job for me. Hope you find your cure soon.
        Hi there

I've tried different oil-free liquid foundations. From Maybelline to l'oreal to Bourjois. But they provide not so good coverage and show the dryness even more.

I've stopped with the scrubs cos I know I'd be furthur aggrevating my pimples by doing so and have moved on to moisturising. But even the moisturisers don't seem to work like I mentioned in my first post.

But will try out the Lancome you've recommended. Any idea how much it costs?

please let it work.

so much Nixxy!

Comment

oh.. I am not sure... around $50 I think... if you are unsure maybe you can approach the SA to give you a small sample to try? I ever got a small one from one of the nicer girls. Good luck

Comment

I can totally understand how you feel as I'm in the same boat. I breakout constantly so I avoid putting makeup. The most I do to my face is to put on loose powder before I step out of the house. Although the loose powder cannot hide my deep scars and the redness on my face, I have not much choice do I? I am paranoid of having foundation on my face for my pores get blocked very very easily.

I'm not a makeup expert (I don't put on makeup much anyway) so I cannot recommend any makeup products to you. If the redness and flaky skin is disturbing you very much, I'll suggest you to go to a derm. I went to a GP and was prescribed with AHA. It helped to exfoliant my skin and the pimple marks tend to go away faster. But I think that AHA is still too strong and dry for my skin so I am intending to start using PHA because is more gentle. Don't scrube your skin anymore and try not to pile on makeup. Sometimes, makeups are the bane of the problem.

Comment

If your skin is oily AND flaking, you may want to see a dermatologist for an expert opinion.

Comment

maybe u wana try putting on tinted base then loose powder. my beautician last time told me liquid foundation clogged my pores easily, advise me to use 2 way cake too. So i concenrate on treating my acne problems. now my condition is much better, i start using liquid foundation already.

Comment

Have you considered going for skin peel to improve on your skin condition first? I had scars which helped greatly after i went to this clinic: Kim Mun at Toa Payoh. Costly but works amazingly. paid about $150 for the first time. given 6 pcs of mini skincare set (last approx 2 weeks) to use at home. You will see gradual peel. My skin was so much smoother and scars lightened. It even stopped new acnes from appearing.

As for oily T zone, try Dermalogica Oil Control lotion or Neo Strata's Oil Solution.

Comment

yup, i agree with the girls who had posted about going to a dermatologist.
                    my friend has sorta like the same problem as you.
                    her face is also really oily. plus she smokes. so she gets really bad breakouts.
                    she went to see a doctor, and he prescribed her the full works, cleanser, toner, cream etc.
                    don't be alarmed if after applying the cream for a day or two, your skin starts peeling.
                    just continue applying the cream and washing your face etc.
                    my friend's skin gets relatively clearer and more manageable when she remembers to use these prescribed products.

Comment

Try ZA Masks & night cream. My acne scars lighten a lot after 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kye
                        Have you considered going for skin peel to improve on your skin condition first? I had scars which helped greatly after i went to this clinic: Kim Mun at Toa Payoh. Costly but works amazingly. paid about $150 for the first time. given 6 pcs of mini skincare set (last approx 2 weeks) to use at home. You will see gradual peel. My skin was so much smoother and scars lightened. It even stopped new acnes from appearing.

As for oily T zone, try Dermalogica Oil Control lotion or Neo Strata's Oil Solution.
                        at toa payoh? where is it?

Comment

I think Pungool Clinic one is better & cheaper.. I see it works.

Comment

Originally posted by berryvine
                            at toa payoh? where is it?
                            Do you know where is the Toa Payoh national library? the road leading towards the stadium? ok, this block of flat where Kim Mun is, is on the left.

I tried Punggol Clinic .. works for my sister in law but not me Kim Mun so far works for every one of the 10 over girls I recommended

Comment

Originally posted by kye

is it suitable for young skin?
                              I'm 17

Comment

Working...
                              X