Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brownie?

This is getting a bit frustrating
    I'm really wanting to dye my hair brown, a light brown. I've been pestering my friends for advice.
    So have decided to ask the beauty experts here in CC.
    Light brown is a color I wouldn't even have considered a year ago. But now, after watching taiwan idol drama, there is one girl who looks so pretty with that color! But I'm so afraid I'll look like an "ah lian".

But I've seen some girls who look really brown.

I'm pretty fair. Think ZA 21. Any specific browns to recommend?

Why don't you try out streaks first? If you think you look nice in that colour, then you can go dye your hair brown. I am thinking of doing a chestnut brown but not too sure whether must I bleach my hair.

Comment

i think you can try dark brown...haha! im also afraid to look very ah lian, but i guess, darker brown is more natural

Comment

Hi ongadelene,

I've tried dark brown before, not much diff to my looks. haha. maybe will go try streaks like artichoke suggested after I get my red packets from CNY. lol

Comment

Tien,

last august/sep I did a light brown colour at a salon in sg. The colour turned out very good and alot of my friends commented that it was the perfectest brown, it also didn't fade with time. The hairstylist had picked Schwarpfz (did i spell it rite?) haha... japanese series, ash brown. She told me it's one of the longer lasting colours that wouldn't run and change colour, as it contains no red elements. They have 2 options of matte / gloss, gloss will turn out lighter, matte will look abit darker. I picked matte, but am thinking next year when I'm back in sg I'll be going back to do it in gloss. HTH!

Oh, forgot to say, if you're fair, I think light brown should be no problem on you.
          Last edited by cefindre; 14-12-2005, 05:56 AM.

Comment

cefindre: may i know where this salon is located and what's it called? Thank you

Comment

Tien,

it's in Serangoon gardens. The salon's called 'Gap' or 'the gap'. I'm not sure if you're familiar with serangoon gardens, it's on the same row as the ocbc bank there. I don't know the phone number off hand, but I frequent them when I'm in sg, and have always been quite happy with the outcome. Either ways, I think if you go to any of those jap salons like haru scene or icon, you can try asking them about the colour, i think they would carry that colour as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tien
                Hi ongadelene,

I've tried dark brown before, not much diff to my looks. haha. maybe will go try streaks like artichoke suggested after I get my red packets from CNY. lol
                ya im also going for streaks after i get my pay... anyway, my hair is ash blonde
                http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...600/sister.jpg (im in front, on the right)

hope i don't look ah lian..haha! but it's not very clear ok lousy camera

Comment

Working...
                X