Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeover Clinic

Hi Everyone,
    Just like to know if anyone has any feedback on this clinic? I went for a free consultation as I was interested in microdermabrasion. The doctor recommended me laserpeel instead as he said the result is so much better. He quoted the fee as $500 & there wasn't any hard selling. Based on their site, they used modified erbium Yag laser to do the laser peel. Anyone has ever undergo a similar treatment before? Comments?

I have since gone for 2 session of microdermabrasion elsewhere, there was result but not dramatic. Considering other treatment to try.

Don't know if it's too late to response to this but I've just undergone a erbium laser a month ago. I would say it's good for pitted scars. But the pain factor is there. I must say I have a high threshold for pain (even the doctor himself say so). That aside, the aftermath is more painful. You'll feel like your whole face being burnt. The healing part wasn't all that easy, when the wound dries up, my whole face itch like mad but I can't scratch cos the scab has not dropped off.

After a week, I was about to come out to face the world (can't be out in the sun for a week). I wasn't exactly happy with the results, afterall, I paid $750 for it. Went back to the doctor for follow up after the procedure and I was having a lot of break out. I read on the internet that some people would experience this due to the ointment that I need to apply when the wound is still raw. I told the doctor I'm disappointed my pitted scars are still there but he tells me it's still too early to tell. Need to wait for about 4 weeks.

It's exactly 4 weeks now. I must say I'm very happy with what I see now whenever I look into the mirror. Some of the deeper scarring is still visible but shallower now. My breakouts are clearing. My guess is that it also helps to purge out all the clogged pores underneath the skin because there's this area on my chin that has stubborn clogged pores and now it's nearly all cleared. My pores are smaller, skin less oily, brighter, firmer. Quite a lot of people who also commented that I look younger and skin is more radiant though some of my pimples has yet to clear. I definitely can see the difference. I've booked my 2nd appointment already in April! After this I will only need to go for a session of IPL for my freckles and viola!! (I hope *cross my fingers*)

I hope this helps. For anyone who is prepared for the pain and willing to pay the money, I say go for it! I've no regrets. Tried microdermabrasion, results way too slow. At least this I just need to do once, if want to go all the way can do more times.

Comment

hi, i just did the modified erbium laser (not at makeover clinic though) yesterday. yah, the pain factor is terrible and the whole face has got this persistent stingy feeling. And my whole face sting when i wash my face and apply the cream given by my doc yesterday night. And this morning, i realised that my cheeks are quite 'wrinkled' and whenever you have many facial expression, it feels as though i have a clay mask on. Is this normal? Will appreciate your comments. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by oxygen bar
        Don't know if it's too late to response to this but I've just undergone a erbium laser a month ago. I would say it's good for pitted scars. But the pain factor is there. I must say I have a high threshold for pain (even the doctor himself say so). That aside, the aftermath is more painful. You'll feel like your whole face being burnt. The healing part wasn't all that easy, when the wound dries up, my whole face itch like mad but I can't scratch cos the scab has not dropped off.

After a week, I was about to come out to face the world (can't be out in the sun for a week). I wasn't exactly happy with the results, afterall, I paid $750 for it. Went back to the doctor for follow up after the procedure and I was having a lot of break out. I read on the internet that some people would experience this due to the ointment that I need to apply when the wound is still raw. I told the doctor I'm disappointed my pitted scars are still there but he tells me it's still too early to tell. Need to wait for about 4 weeks.

It's exactly 4 weeks now. I must say I'm very happy with what I see now whenever I look into the mirror. Some of the deeper scarring is still visible but shallower now. My breakouts are clearing. My guess is that it also helps to purge out all the clogged pores underneath the skin because there's this area on my chin that has stubborn clogged pores and now it's nearly all cleared. My pores are smaller, skin less oily, brighter, firmer. Quite a lot of people who also commented that I look younger and skin is more radiant though some of my pimples has yet to clear. I definitely can see the difference. I've booked my 2nd appointment already in April! After this I will only need to go for a session of IPL for my freckles and viola!! (I hope *cross my fingers*)

I hope this helps. For anyone who is prepared for the pain and willing to pay the money, I say go for it! I've no regrets. Tried microdermabrasion, results way too slow. At least this I just need to do once, if want to go all the way can do more times.

hi oxygen bar how is the treatment coming about ? did it work for you ? have your pitted holes totally cured ? im interested in going for the treatment after your strong recommendation but would like to find out more. how many times do i have to sign up before i see results ? what are the charges?

Comment

wynne where did you do your laser treatment ? is it at NSC or KK ? since then , it has been more than 1 month plus, have your skin improved?

Comment

Working...
          X