Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my face is very red!! any cure?

hi all!

Anyone whose face gets easily red here? what s the cause of it and is there any cure for it?

Mine just become red like lobster after half a day, and people will always ask me why i look so red. It s so embarrassing and hurting my self esteem pretty badly I don't know if it's sensitivity coz I do not use any skincare anymore since 4 mths ago fear of aggravating the condition.

Is there any cure for sensitive skin actually? Thanks!!

I would suggest that you see a doctor. Also, bring along your skincare and cosmetics so can check if you're allergic to any of the ingredients.

Comment

it might be allergy due to comestics, facial products or you did not cleanse your face properly, leaving makeup residue. you can use cold water to reduce the redness but if the problem persists, you better see a doctor. remember, don't touch your face with your hands.

Comment

Hmmm..Did you go out in the sun? I was wondering whether is it you did not put any sunscreen or sunblock??

Comment

I have very sensitive skin and my face (especially the cheeks) gets red easily, just like yours. My face usually gets flushed when the weather is scorching (eg. when I step out of an air-conditioned place into the outdoors) and sometimes, it just flushes up for no reason at all! Yes, it's all very annoying but unfortunately, there's not much we can do anything about it. I've been to many dermatologists, and all of them just shrugged it off as sensitive skin. Their advice is to use gentle skin cleansers and use minimal make-up. One brand which a couple of the dermatologists recommended is Cetaphil (sold in Guardian Pharmacy) - you may like to try it, as it's very mild and non-irritating. However, it may not be suitable for oily skin (my SO has oily skin and complains that Cetaphil is not 'cleansing' enough). Another dermatologist also prescribed a cream. All I can remember is that the cream was very expensive, contains traces of steroids and has to be used sparingly on the face. However, it didn't do me any good and I stopped using it after a while. My face still gets flushed every now and then, but I find that when I go for regular facials, they do help to keep it in good condition (less red patches). I think diet plays an important part as well. I find that when I eat healthy (ie. more vegetables, fruits, less meat, deep-fried sinful stuff), my skin looks clearer. As for using sunscreen/sunblock, I use it daily, but it only provides protection from the sun and does not stop my face from flushing up. I've come to accept that there's no cure for sensitive skin. All I can do is ensure I maintain the condition of my skin and not do anything to aggravate it. Don't feel too upset! Most people think I apply make-up and comment on my rosy cheeks (when my face is not too flushed), so I get away with wearing little or no make-up at all!

Comment

I used to have this problem too...the sinseh (Chinese Doc) says its due to heatiness (I get heaty very easily). Not too sure if your's is due to the same reason. Better to seek advice from doc.

Comment

I have that too. I become red when I drink, laugh, feel too cold, feel too hot, got angry wada wada. Nothing much I can do. It's worse when I'm having PMS, the blotchy, pimply skin plus redness. I just don't want to step out of the house at all!

ETA: I never wear low cut tops due to that. It just shows the colour difference on my chest and face.

Comment

Look like Pink Panther?

Hi gals,

My face is combination type. I usually put on only lipstick when I go out for casual dates. Lately, I realise that my cheeks and forehead will turn red easily. Probably due to the heat. My friends thought I put on make up (blusher etc). But a SA from some beauty counters said my skin is sensitive. Otherwise, it shouldn't be turning red easily like a pink panther. Initially I thought this looks healthy cos it means I do not need to put on make up and yet i look radiant! But I'm not sure if my skin is really sensitive. I've been using the usual facial products all along and my skin doesn't have big problems except for oily t-zone and big pores. Does this skin behaviour mean my skin is sensitive? Any ideas?

Comment

threads are merged

Comment

Libra78, it could be that your skin is sensitive to some products used. Hence maybe you should check with a doctor. Another possibility is that the redness is caused by the pimple scars that are healing. For me my cheeks will turn red when i am hot or flustered due to my pimple scars. To help this, you can used the colour correctors from SHU or other brands to help cover the redness on our face. So far, i gather that 'green correctors' will visually reduce the redness.
                    HIH.

Comment

Yvannie, how much is the colour corrector from SHU? Where to get them? Is that applied on the cheeks? I don't really have pimple scars but i've got large pores so get blackheads easily.

Comment

Wow...it sounds pretty serious. You'd better get it checked out by a doctor as 4 months is a long time....

Comment

Maybe you want to write to my skin wellness consultant at [email protected]
                          I am seeking other skin condition advise from her. So far, my condition has been improving.

Comment

This seems to be a condition called rosacea. The redness is due to dilated facial veins.
                            Anyone seek laser or IPL treatment for red face??
                            I comtemplating to go Raffles hospital for the Laser Vien Therapy using Cutera Laser CoolGlide. Anyone try that before??

Regards,
                            jasmine

Comment

Working...
                            X