Nail Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail Problems

Recently I realise I have white dots appearing on my toe nails after I remove the nail polish!!! Help!!! The white dots are getting more and I am afraid to put on any nail polish. Can someone tell me if it's a problem with the nail polish or has it got something to do with my diet? I never had this problem before till I started using Revlon's Double Twist as a base coat...
    Last edited by princess_lea; 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM.

i always thought white dots on nails were to do with one's health?

Comment

hi akaysha im also facing the white spots problem on my toe nail.
      when i go for pedicure, she told me its because the nail polish had stay on my nails for too long....
      but she didnt say what is the cure for it.... me too also dont dare to apply nail polish on my toe nail

hi leb, is it true that the appeared of white spots on my toe nails really got to with my health?

Comment

my mama says i got not enough nutrients thus having all those white spots on my nails~
        i am trying to take more veggies.

Comment

I too, have this problem.. I think it has to do with us putting on nail polish for too long (especially using dark colours) without using the base coat.. it's recommended that you let your nails "rest" awhile before putting on the next nail polish. Meantime, just apply base coat. You can also try soaking your feet in warm water for awhile, then put base coat and removing with nail polish after the base coat is dry. It can help remove a bit of the stain.

Comment

I don't think the white spots have anythjing to do with nail polishes.. They are more of a diet thing...

I have times when I don't use any polish at all, and recently I always wear polish on my toes, especially dark colours.. I don't see any difference in my nails. But wearing dark colours without a good basecoat will satin the nails, so a basecoat is definitely recommended.. HTH

Comment

hmm..not sure whether am i right to put down my problem in this thread... anyway, i could like to ask some advice.. i realised that my coat of nail polish does not 'stick' to the nail ..it just came off ( as in can be peeled off) after a day i have applied! i not sure whats the cause of this.. if said is too thick..well, i never encounter this problem in the past.... hmm..anyone encountered before and can advise me????

Comment

Nail polishes must be applied to clean nails, did you have moisturiser or any oil on your nails before applying?

Also, a good base coat helps a lot in application

Comment

lynn, hmm... that remind me of applying the cuticle cream onto my nails before applying base coat..is that the reason?
                  Originally posted by Lynn99
                  Nail polishes must be applied to clean nails, did you have moisturiser or any oil on your nails before applying?

Also, a good base coat helps a lot in application

Comment

Ahhh.. that could very well be it I make sure I wash my hands before applying nail polsih so my nails are clean.. after applying poilsh and after it's properly dried, I'll apply cream again cos I can't stand my dry hands

Comment

ohh... allright.. i shall take note of it..thanks lyn

Comment

Working...
                      X